Page 172 of 285 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 7117

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Wow! Nice RDL's.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Coke- Yea I'll definitely watch out next time.

LK- Haha I've been ahead of you the whole time.

Mitch- You'll be back in front of me in no time, of course I'll still be sitting at 165.

Cirino- Appreciate it man.

Brute- Thanks bro. I was kinda pissed about the squats so I figured I'd destroy myself a bit more.

Worked out in the morning after training my dad and sister. They're both interested in getting in shape so I'm running through some stuff with them. The cold plus early morning was a very bad combo for me. See below.

Workout: DE Upper

Weight: 166.6lbs

DE Bench (comp)-

45lbs x 10 x 2 (WU)
    95lbs x 5 (WU)
    145lbs x 3 (pretty decent speed, setup pretty crappy)
    145lbs x 3 (speed decent, crappy setup, get with it)
    145lbs x 3 (speed good, good setup)
    145lbs x 3 (best speed yet, pretty good setup)
    145lbs x 3 (decent)
    145lbs x 3 (good setup and speed)
    145lbs x 3 (pretty good all around)
    145lbs x 3 (pretty decent)

Chins-

BW +50lbs x 3 (WGPA)
    BW +50lbs x 5 (MGPI)
    BW +50lbs x 5 (MGPI)
    BW +50lbs x 5 (MGPI)

CGBP-

135lbs x 8
    185lbs x 10 (+2 reps)
    185lbs x 8
    185lbs x 6

Various Sets of Light Curls

Comments:

Today's workout blew. Pretty bad. It was pretty chilly this morning and apparently my joints didn't warm up at all. I had some pretty wicked tendonitis flair up. Haven't had any problems in quite awhile but today it killed me. Even my warmup sets on my benching sucked. Couldn't go wide with my grip on my chinnups. Overall just a crappy pain. Dunno how I hit a 2 rep PR on my CG but that was about all I had in me. Did some various curls to see if I could find anything that didn't hurt, but not much luck. I decided to bail after that. I'm going to have to try and figure out a way to warmup quickly if I'm going to be working out in the morning from here on out. I can't be having anymore of this.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Learning as I progress
    I was gonna mention something about warmups and then I read your comments. When its not so cold, do you find two warm up sets to be sufficient? Would anymore start to sacrifice performance?

Anyway chin up chub, worked looked good regardless. Im very impressed by your chins and CG. Keep at it!
    Complication breeds desperation.

Iron4Life
    Good looking workout Chubs....

When you do CGBP on DE days, do you find yourself doing them a little faster?? lol.. I do.. the mind is still thinking about the bands/speed and flying off the chest...

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    LK- Haha I've been ahead of you the whole time.
    Your too cocky. Time will tell how this plays out.

Watch that tendonitis, my right elbow has been feeling similar.
    Squat:525lbs
    Bench:335lbs
    Deadlift:440lbs

chins are nice man, to warm up some jogging always heats me right up
    2000 or bust

Con- Appreciate the compliments man. As far as warming up, it really depends on what I'm doing. Sometimes I shoot ball before I play, so that gets me pretty warmed up. As far as going straight into lifting, I find that 2 sets of 45 and a set of 95 is a good enough warmup for my DE Bench but you'll notice that I take a lot of sets leading up to my ME work.

Bear- Haha thanks for the vote of support. I do find that my CG goes up quicker on my DE days. Suppose my body is just used to pushing quicker.

LK- LOL I'm cocky yes, but not TOO cocky. We definitely gotta stay healthy.

Stumpy- Yea I should've done more. Didn't think the early morning and chill would have THAT much effect on me though.

Nice workout. Chins are looking awesome.

Cirino- Thanks man. They hurt pretty badly but next week will be better I hope.

Waited a bit longer to workout today. Let my body warmup a bit more and it seemed to help though my elbows still ache pretty bad today.

Workout: DE Lower

Box Jumps Warmup

DE Low Box Squat (1-2" Below)-

45lbs x 10 (WU)
    95lbs x 5 (WU)
    135lbs x 3 (WU)
    175lbs x 2 (need to sitback more)
    175lbs x 2 (pretty decent speed)
    175lbs x 2 (fairly decent coming off box)
    175lbs x 2 (first was good, dropped a bit on second)
    175lbs x 2 (pretty good, pushed knees out quite decently)
    175lbs x 2 (decent, didn't maintain tightness on last rep)

DE DLs (platform, chucks)-

135lbs x 3 (WU)
    185lbs x 3 (WU)
    235lbs x 1 (kinda slow)
    235lbs x 1 (better rep, much smoother)
    235lbs x 1 (good pull, drop hips some)
    235lbs x 1 (fairly quick, more upright)
    235lbs x 1 (really pulled into me)
    235lbs x 1 (best pull yet)
    235lbs x 1 (just as good)

Ghetto Reverse Hypers-

BW x 10
    BW x 10
    BW x 10

Band Trunk Twist-

#2 close x 10/10
    #3 x 10/10 (up a band)
    #3 x 10/10 (up a band)

OH Med Ball Situps-

10lbs MB x 10
    10lbs MB x 10
    10lbs MB x 10

Box Jumps Cooldown

Comments:

Fairly solid all the way around today. Luckily my joints and muscles didn't bother me like they did yesterday. I could still feel my elbows hurtin decently but nothing that effected the workout. Did some box jumps as a warmup and cool down. Probably keep those in there for awhile. The speed on the squats felt pretty good today. I dropped a bit onto the box so I need to make sure everything stays as smooth as possible. Also need to make sure I eliminate all rock on the box. Other than that things are going pretty good. Really getting my knees pushed out to the side. The speed during my pulling was decent. It's been faster but I feel like I'm sitting more upright now so I'm trying to get used to it. Could've been a bit better but could've been a lot worse as well. Rigged up some Reverse Hyper stuff. It's a lot like the way Wilma has his done. It worked pretty decently but I'll have to work on it as well. Trying to rig up something that I can throw my medicine balls into. We'll have to see what happens.

Sometimes waiting later in the day to train is the only way to go...good deal on helping your folks workout.
    Last edited by Coke; 05-15-2007 at 10:12 AM.

Yea I agree Coke.

strong work bro
    2000 or bust

Ghetto reverse hypers rock. Good session man, even though I think you need more hammy work :P

Iron4Life
    Waited a bit longer to workout today. Let my body warmup a bit more and it seemed to help though my elbows still ache pretty bad today.

Luckily my joints and muscles didn't bother me like they did yesterday. I could still feel my elbows hurtin decently but nothing that effected the workout.
    Dang Chubs... you starting to sound like that guy that looks at me in the mirror when I work out!! haha.. old man at 17..
    Trying to rig up something that I can throw my medicine balls into.
    I'm trying to figure out the same thing... right now, we throw them against the outside wall of the gym, when we can use that area.. otherwise, it's throwing them in the field and have the kids chase them... haha.. I'm not that cruel, I just beg them b/c I'm old...
    Last edited by Bob; 05-16-2007 at 08:06 AM.

STump- Thanks man.

Risk- Haha appreciate it. Right now I think I need more work with the actual lifts than hitting up lifts with carryover.

Bear- 17? Haha nah man I'm 20, 21 in August. Wish I had some small neighborhood kid that would go pick up my stuff. Alas I live in the middle of the woods. If I could only train those big fox squirrels we have...

Iron4Life
    Sorry dude.. I was thinking 17 from the 1st post of your journal.. I forgot to add the 3 yrs... lol .. at my age, you can even forget simple math..

Well, my cousin had trained field mice back on the farm... they would bring a rope to the porch to get some food...

Haha I never age!

Weekly Weigh In: Once again my scale gives me three different readings so I averaged them together and they gave me close to the same reading as last week.

Workout: ME Upper

ME Push Press-

45lbs x 10 x 2 (work on staying upright)
    65lbs x 10 (pretty good energy transfer)
    95lbs x 8 (wide grip doesn't work well for me)
    115lbs x 3 (closer grip = good, much faster than 95)
    135lbs x 3 (need some more speed, rack position high)
    155lbs x 1 (pretty smooth, didn't rack as high)
    175lbs x miss (WTF?)
    175lbs x miss bad (I dunno what's up)
    135lbs x 1

Chins-

BW x 5 (MGPI)
    BW +45lbs x 3 (MGPI)
    BW +70lbs x 3 (MGPI)
    BW +75lbs x 3 (+5lbs)
    BW +80lbs x 3 (+10lbs)

CGBP-

45lbs x 10
    95lbs x 8
    135lbs x 3
    155lbs x 3
    185lbs x 3
    205lbs x 1 (too smooth)
    225lbs x 1 (+10lbs PR)
    235lbs x 1 (+20lbs PR, ass broke bench very slightly)

Chest Supported Band Rows-

#3 x 10
    #3 and #2 x 10
    #3 and #2 x 10
    #3 x 10

*RC WORK*

Comments:

Went into this session feeling pretty good. Put a lot of Icy Hot on my tricpes and elbows and they didn't seem to give me a problem. Thought I had a chance to hit a nice PR on my push press, but they went to absolute crap. I haven't been this disappointed in a lift in quite awhile. I couldn't seem to get anything to go right after my 155 session. Pretty pissed. Decided I wasn't going to let this session go to waste, so I started off with some chins. Gonna start a 3x3, so this was the first go at it. Felt pretty good with those. Really want to get my chinup strength up. From there I was still pretty pissed so I decided to hit up some heavy CGs. Felt great with those so I decided to hit up a PR to make myself feel better. Those went really well and I ended up hitting a solid 20lbs PR. Pretty happy with that. Did my best to make something out the session and I think I did a fairly good job. Mixed feelings but I ended on a good note.

Learning as I progress
    Chins and CGBP are lookin huge chub.

Im assuming the 245 in your sig would be your bench? I thought it would be a lot higher with those #'s on CG.

Btw you still have classes now? Keep up the hard work.
    Complication breeds desperation.

235 close grip is pimp dude!
    2000 or bust

Looks like you tri's are taking awhile to warm up if you missing on push presses then setting PR's on your close grips. Cool session.

What's up dude? I don't remember you ever having any pain in your joints or otherwise that wasn't like a muslce injury. What's up with that ****?
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Damn dude awesome close grips and chins. I think push presses are all about form. If you're doing them sporadically I think it takes away from that.

Con- Appreciate it man. My bench grip and CG aren't too far away from each other. My CG is index on the smooth, and my bench grip is pinkies an inch from the rings. There's only like 3-4"difference between grips. No classes right now. I'm out for the summer and working with an investment group.

Stumpy- Thanks man. I think I've got a bit more in me.

Risk- It could be that, but I also think Justin makes a good point (see below).

Nick- Haha I suppose cold + a lot of pressing = eventual pain. I think it's more just tendonitis.

KJ- Thanks man. I agree. If I was to do them more often, I think I might be good for some consistent PRs.

when ever i get a lift i just add 5 lbs and tell that to people when they ask my max, so your closegrip max is 240! LOL.
    2000 or bust