The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 49 of 279 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 6958
    Hey nice cardio bro. Also good quote.....I can laugh as long as it's not about me
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Nice looking routine, I've never thought of doing paused chin ups, nice idea. You've got a great diet going on too! Keep it up!

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Good to see you're getting everything back in track.

But let's be honest, the only world you could ever surpass my uberness in, is one where CC blows goats. but that just doesn't exist.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Superior- LOL thanks man.

Machine- Thanks man. I feel that they really stretch my back out, and I really seem to work my lats out with em.

CC- Come on now buddy. You don't have to hide it anymore. We all accept you even though you like to blow goats.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

I wannabebig!
    boooooo post some weights!

Ryu- Hahaha, why? So you can see how much you're beatin me by lol?

I wannabebig!
    :evillaugh

Nice session, Chub.

It was more about CC's "fetish" than anything else.

Friends don't let friends mix goats and body parts.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Ryu- Yea I figured that's what you had in mind, you evil evil man.

Soba- Thanks buddy, and hey, what CC wants to do in his spare time is up to him, even if it involves farm animals.

Nutrition:

Meal 1- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Meal 2- 2 Chicken Sandwiches, Chicken Wrap, Chicken (Skin Removed), 2 Cups of Milk

Meal 3- 2 Bananas (Pre Workout)

Meal 4- Baked Chicken, Chicken Wrap, Chicken Sandwich, Corn, 2 Cups of Milk (Post Workout)

Meal 5- Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Workout- Shoulders and Legs

Seated Lateral Raises:

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6

*These felt pretty good today. Focused on the movement, and really felt the burn.*

Rear Delt Cable Raises:

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6

*REALLY felt the burn on these. Felt like they fried my rear delts. Did them one hand at a time instead of the usually simulatenous lift. Really liked these.*

Trap Bar Shrugs:

3 sets x 10

*Felt a good burn with these. Didn't use DB because people were using my weight dammit.*

At this point I switched gyms because absolutely no squat rack, leg extension, or leg curl station was becoming available.

Cybex Leg Press:

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6
    1 set x7

*AWESOME stuff right here. Just to make Ryu happy, I'll post the weight for my last set. I ended up getting 495 for 7 reps. I start each press at a below parallel position, so to start with I had to push the knees just a bit, but after that I was good and ended up repping out 7.*

Cybex Leg Curls:

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6

*Felt very good in the hammys. Not too much to say, though these went well.*

Cybex Leg Extensions:

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6

*Really made my quads burn. After every set I jumped up and hobbled around to make the burning quit. I LOVE IT!!!!*

Overall, another great session. Intensity was WAY up. This new rep scheme really gets my blood and heart pumpin. I'm really starting to enjoy it. I've come to realize, that I'm starting to lift more for the feeling than the numbers. Granted I do care about the numbers, but the feeling is what keeps me pushing onward. Another great day.

Quote of the Day: "You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Cybex Leg Extensions:

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6

*Really made my quads burn. After every set I jumped up and hobbled around to make the burning quit. I LOVE IT!!!!*
    Sweet! That's the kind of attitude I like to see.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Great workout! And I love that quote from Fight Club.

Brute- Thanks man. I'm really beginning to come "into the light" on a lot of things. I feel like I'm finally starting to accomplish something.

Machine- Thanks man, and yea, Fight Club kicks some serious ass.

Your quote is too long to be quoted. I hope you're happy, I'll probably have trouble sleeping until you post your next session.

Great session, though the inclusion of squats woulda been nice but still.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

CC- HAHAHAHA, I'll just have to make sure to have a really long quote tommorow too. But I agree with ya that squats woulda been nice, but every damn rack was used up, and I'm not one to wait 30min for a piece of equipment to free up.

I barely do anything heavy besides squats on my leg day, so I don't have a problem asking some curly jockey assjack to go curl his way out of my rack and fly a fu-ckin kite.

Glad you are liking this new thing, the numbers don't always tell the story - pump it up!!

CC- Oh trust me buddy, I have no problem asking curl jockeys to get outta the damn squat rack either, but actually all three racks were filled with people actually doing something productive.

Coke- Thanks man. I'm actually really enjoying my sessions more when I just focus on the feeling and not the numbers, at least to a certain extent.

Seriously sweet workout, Chubs. Nice going bro. Good to hear you're keeping the intensity up. Reading that made me wanna hit the gym.

New stuff working out well I see. You need no motivation I can give my man. All I can say is, I want some of that!
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

I wannabebig!

great workout chubs

Fromo- Thanks man, and I'm glad to help.

SW- Heck man, the more intensity the better. Go head' and get ya some.

Ryu- Thanks buddy.

Food:

Meal 1- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey Sandwich, Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Wrap, 2 Cups of Milk

Meal 3- Turkey Sandwich, Chicken Sandwich, Roast Beef Sandwich, 2 Cups of Milk

Meal 4- Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Ended up doing "The Hill" before I went and lifted. It seemed pretty tough today for some reason. Could be the fact that I had lower body yesterday, and while maybe not sore, my legs could've been slightly weaker than normal."

Workout- Odds and Ends

Seated Hammer Curls:

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 8

*These felt pretty good. Got a good pump in my biceps.*

Straight Bar Pushdowns:

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6

*These felt really strong. Felt like I stayed pretty upright and focused on keeping my elbows in.*

Bent DB Curls:

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6

*Dunno if I like these or not. Got a decent pump in my biceps, but couldn't tell if I was hitting them decently.*

Reverse Grip 1 Arm Pushdowns:

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6

*By far the best tricep exercise I've done, IMO. Really felt like I hit my triceps hard, and left my arms tight for a couple of hours.*

1 Legged Standing Weighted Calf Raises:

3 sets x 10 each leg

*A little awkward but felt them none-the-less.*

3 position Calf Raises:

2 sets x 10 at each position

*Did these back to back to back. Really left my calves screamin'.*

Weighted Crunches:

3 sets x 10

*Felt pretty good.*

6in to Lift:

3 sets x 10

*Really hit the lower area of my abdominals pretty hard.*

Weighted Side Bends:

3 sets x 10

*Seemed to feel these in the oblique area, as I was twisting my shoulders in as I did these.*

Overall a decent workout. It's really hard for me to get hyped up over working arms and abs haha, but still stayed pretty intense.

Quote of the Day: "Well, I gotta tell you: I'd be very, very careful who you talk to about that, because the person who wrote that... is dangerous..... And this button-down, Oxford-cloth psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you've known for years. Someone very, very close to you."
    Last edited by Chubrock; 01-12-2005 at 04:09 PM.

Have you tried tricep dips and overhead db extentions? I find these totally own my tris!

What...no goats?

Good job on teh session, mank.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Nice sessions. Not that you nee the advice, but her you go. If you want to get a good pump in your bicep you can make your wrist limp when you do db curls. It helps to support the upper arms on your body and have your forams pointed out to your sides a bit. It isolates them pretty good. I have tried these and they are pretty killer.

CC- I might have to try those. I only do "Odds and Ends" once a week, so I guess I have all week to think about it lol. Thanks buddy.

Stash- Nope no goats this time. I've got Fight Club on the brain. Thanks though man.

Doug- Thanks man, and I'll have to try that the next time I do "Odds and Ends."