The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 50 of 284 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 7094
    Food:

Meal 1- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey Burger, Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Wrap, 2 Cups of Milk

Meal 3- 2 Bananas

Meal 4-Turkey Burger, Chicken Sandwich, Roast Beef Sandwich, 2 Cups of Milk

Meal 5- Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Workout: Chest and Back

Benchpress-

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6

*Used the wider grip again. These are feeling pretty good. I've moved much more towards the touch and go style, no bounce, just tap the chest and I'm back up. Really felt a burn in my chest with these.*

Chins-

1 set x 8.5
    1 set x 7.5
    1 set x 6

*These felt awesome. Used the wider grip again. Had a good burn goin in my back. Grip seemed to get shot a little quickly though.*

Dips-

1 set x 11
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 7
    1 set x 5

*These weren't as good as in the past. I think that it was because my grip seemed to be a little shot from the chins. My left arm gave out on the first set, and it ended up hurting my damn shoulder when I fell. Of course I'm too hard headed to stop, so I strapped on some weight and finished.*

Close Grip Cable Rows-

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6

*Got a pretty good feeling in my back with these. Felt I used a little to much momentum on my second to last set, so I slowed things down and really made sure I pulled with my back.*

Yates Rows-

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6

*As always I really enjoy doing these. Always feel them in my back, and today was no exception. These went really well.*

I didn't do any more chest after finishing the Dips. I didn't really want to put anymore stress on my shoulder than I already had. Overall a very good workout. Intensity and heart rate was up, and I got an awesome sweat goin' on. Very happy with this workout, and I'm really looking forward to squatting tommorow.

Quote of the Day: "All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not."

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

I like the diet and the dedication my man. Strong.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

:withstupi yeah first time in here and very impressed chub.. keep doing what your doing my man
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Continuing to put in some quality workouts man, good work.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Nice session man, but I still wanna know what you're putting up on the bench .
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

SW- Thanks man. My diet could be a bit cleaner, but I was having to eat till' I puked so often, that I decided I'd sacrifice a bit of "unclean" sources if it would help keep me sane.

Lilmase- Welcome to the journal man, and thanks. Though I'm still on a bulk, the numbers I was putting up a couple of weeks ago were much better than what I'm putting up now. I was previously on a strength split, but lately I've been doing something a good bit different. By the time I get to the last set, my body is usually taxed pretty good from the higher rep sets.

Gimp- Thanks man, I'm tryin.

CC- HAHA thanks buddy. Since you obviously wanna beat me lol I'll let ya know. Still bulking but I haven't seen the same bench since I switched to a new style of sets/reps. Just to give you an example, a couple of weeks ago, while I was on the strength based program, I put up 190 for 5 reps. Yesterday, with the workout that starts me out using much higher reps, and leaves me a good bit more fatigued, I could only put up 175 for 6 or 7 reps. I estimate that if I was to go back to my previous workout, I could still put up the 190 pretty easy. I'm pretty sure that my max is somewhere around 205lbs, which really sucks, but oh well, it'll get up there one day.

I wannabebig!
    whats your full split lookin like?

Monday- Chest and Back (3 lifts per muscle group, 4 sets per lifts)

Tuesday- Shoulders and Lower body (3 lifts for shoulders and 3 for legs, 4 sets per lift)

Wed- Active Recovery/Odds and Ends

Thursday- Chest and Back (2 lifts for Chest, 3 for back, 4 sets per lift)

Friday- Shoulders and Lower Body (3 lifts for shoulders, 3 for legs, 4 sets per lift)

Probably a bit too much volume, but I figured I'd been working in such a low rep range for awhile, that it might could do me a bit of could to spice things up a bit. I'm not staying on this routine/set range for all that long. Once I hit 180lbs I'll more than likely switch back to my strength based workout.

I'd much rather see you try a one body part per day, what I was doing up until a few months back - it may do you some good bro...here I am getting into your business mang, lol -

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Monday- Chest and Back (3 lifts per muscle group, 4 sets per lifts)

Tuesday- Shoulders and Lower body (3 lifts for shoulders and 3 for legs, 4 sets per lift)

Wed- Active Recovery/Odds and Ends

Thursday- Chest and Back (2 lifts for Chest, 3 for back, 4 sets per lift)

Friday- Shoulders and Lower Body (3 lifts for shoulders, 3 for legs, 4 sets per lift)

Probably a bit too much volume, but I figured I'd been working in such a low rep range for awhile, that it might could do me a bit of could to spice things up a bit. I'm not staying on this routine/set range for all that long. Once I hit 180lbs I'll more than likely switch back to my strength based workout.

but if it floats your boat, then go for it.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Heh, I did the chest and back together before, took a long time.
    What are odds and ends? Like toe curls?

Coke- Thanks for the suggestions man, and don't worry about gettin in my business, I don't really care. Pretty much the only reason I've not done a body part per day split is that I often times find myself getting bored of hitting the same bodypart the entire time. I'm not too worried about overtraining at the moment, but if I ever find myself staying tired, I'll be sure to back off on the volume. I've only got 8lbs before I hit 180 though, so I think I'll stick with it for now.

Stash- LOL well, so far it's "floatin the boat" so I'm going to stay with it for a bit longer.

Piz- It doesn't actually take me all that long to do, to be perfectly honest. Odds and Ends are things that I didn't used to do, but felt like I'd hit them just to see what happens, things like bis tris and calves. I never used to do those and just relyed on the fact that heavy compound lifts should take care of em, but I decided to switch it up this time and give them an easy workout once a week.

Good luck with your new split bro. How's life outside of training?
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Justin- Thanks man, and welcome back. Haven't seen you in awhile. Life outside of training, what's that???? Nah, I guess things are going pretty well. School is pretty simple for me, and I'm having a pretty good time up here. I still base my day solely around liftin' though, as that's the thing I probably care about the most, outside of family.

Weekly Weigh In: 172lbs. Up 2lbs from last week. Finally got me some gainage weight wise.

Workout: Shoulders and Legs

Seated Lateral Raises-

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 10
    1 set x 7

*These felt really good. I actually made quite a few jumps in weight and reps if my memory serves me correctly. Form was good and really felt it in my delts.*

Cable Rear Delt Raises-

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 6

*These were really intense. Form was pretty dead on. Really had a good burn goin in my rear delts.*

DB Shrugs-

3 sets x 10

*Pretty good burn in the traps. Only thing limiting me is my grip and holding onto the DBs.*

Squats-

1 set x 15
    1 set x 12
    1 set x 9
    1 set x 5.5

*Really good intensity on these. Made some jumps in weight on the last set and really focused on gettin low. Got an awesome burn in the quads.*

Lying Leg Curls-

3 sets x 10

*Well after these I could barely hobble around. FELT AWESOME!!!*

Cut the workout a little short. Felt like I had hit the legs pretty good in the other session, so I felt like there was no reason to torture myself any further. Overall very happy with the workout. Even though I'm not listing weights, I hit several increases in most of my lifts. Did collapse on the last set of the squats. Gotta love that feeling.

Quote of the Day: "I'm breaking the habit, I'm breaking the habit, tonight..."

I think you need to break the habit of owning me.

Good session chubs.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

I wannabebig!
    keep up dem good sessions dere.

looking good my man
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

O NOEZ! t3h nik iz b4k!!1!11one!!

WB bro.

CC- Come on now man, you know I ain't ownin ya, I've just had a good couple of sessions.

Ryu- HAHA I'll try man.

BigNic- Glad to see you got back safe man, and thanks buddy.

Sounds like a great workout and good to see the weight moving on up!

im very impressed chubbs nice w/o and i love seated laterals hard to cheat doing those.. have you tried using wrist wraps for help on the grip it helps me out bit..

overall very impressed
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Nice session, Chubs.

Are you big yet?

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Gimp- Thanks man, it wasn't that bad.

Mase- Thanks buddy. I haven't used wristwraps before, but I'll probably end up buying some before long.

Stash- Thanks man. You saw the last set of pics I took. I'm still a small weak bitch, nowhere close to being big.

Food:

Meal 1- Nutri Grain Bar, Salmon Patty, Cup of Milk

Meal 2- Roasted Chicken Breast Sub

Meal 3- 2 Chicken Sandwiches, Roast Beef Sandwich, Salad, 2 Cups of Milk

Meal 4- Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Workout- Chest and Back

Benchpress:

115lbs x 15
    135lbs x 12
    155lbs x 9
    180lbs x 6.5 (+5lbs and .5 reps)

*These felt pretty damn good today. Didn't quite stretch as good as I should have, so they seemed to aggravate my front delts, but other than that they went very smoothly. I'm actually thinking I might buck the **** up and try and use 135lbs for the first set of 15, and go from there. I've got a pretty good amount of energy left after finishing the set of 12, so I figure I could probably get it 15. 180lbs flew up for the first 6 and I got the 7th rep, but the spotter touched it so I only counted up to where he started touching the bar.*

Lockout/Pause Chins:

BW x 9.75 (+1.25 reps)
    BW x 7.75 (+.75 reps)
    BW x 6.5 (+.5 rep)

*These feel really good. I'm amazed at how much leverage difference there is between the grip I was using and the wider grip I use now. Really burns the back good.*

Hammer Strength Decline Press:

140lbs x 15
    160lbs x 12
    180lbs x 9
    215lbs x 5.5 (+5lbs)

*These felt good, but the only reason I did them was because the damn dip belt was missing. Nobody could find it, so I did these instead.*

Yates Rows:

115lbs x 15 (+40lbs)
    135lbs x 12 (+20lbs)
    155lbs x 9 (+20lbs)
    170lbs x 6 (+15lbs)

*I've moved the working weight up on all these sets, so that's why you see such a large jump. I've def. improved since starting these, and I made a 15lb jump from the last recorded weight on these. Really ended on a good note.*

Cut the workout short here. I decided I probably was doing a bit too much volume, so I decided to go back to only 2 lifts per bodypart per session (except for shoulders and legs). Overall this workout was awesome. Hit a lot of personal records for this rep scheme. I've started back with listing weights, because I think I've got my head clear of the **** that was botherin me before. Awesome intensity, and I'm looking forward to tommorow.

Quote of the Day: "I'm not a slave, to a world that doesn't give a ****....."

Man, you're doing some high volume intense ****. I used to do something like it, and switch back and forth every few months to it. Gave me good gains, hope it continues to do so for you. Good job on listing weights, nothing to be ashamed of when you know it's going up, and it has no choice but to go up because you're going to MAKE it go up . Looks like your spirits are high too. Nice session.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits