Page 51 of 285 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 7118

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Damn nice session m8, improvements everywhere

Hey Chubrock. Thanks for the encouragment in my journal. Looks like you are making some great progress. You eat nutri grain too? Awesome stuff ey! Keep up the hardwork and like you said are stats are similar so I'll check in on your progress regularly. Go hard son!

SW- Thanks man. The volume isn't really any higher than what I was doing in the past, and I feel like I'm really starting to adapt to this new split. Spirits are def. up. I realized that no matter how much I want to excel, I can't always increase in everything each and everytime I lift.

Gimp- Thanks buddy. I really felt like I was firing on all cylinders yesterday.

Brick- Yea I usually eat a Nutri Grain Bar for part of my breakfast. Probably could eat something a bit better, but hey, it doesn't seem to be hurting me, so I'll stick with it until I start cutting. I'll definitely keep the intensity up. Ain't no use doin something if ya do it half ass.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

I wannabebig!
    great session chubs, back to listing the weights now eh ?

Meal 1- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar, Cup of Skim Milk

Meal 2- Turkey Burger, Chicken Sandwich, Roast Beef Sandwich, Apple and PB, 3 Cups of Skim Milk

Meal 3- 2 Turkey Burgers, Chicken Sandwich, Banana, 2 Cups of Skim Milk

Meal 4- Balance Bar, Banana, Cup of Skim Milk

Workout: Shoulders and Legs

Seated Lateral Raises-

15s x 15 (+2lbs)
    15s x 12
    20s x 9
    25s x 7 (+1 rep)

*These felt really good. I had a lot of energy going into the gym, and it showed. These went up pretty damn smoothly.*

Bent Cable Lateral Raises (Each Arm):

20lbs x 15
    30lbs x 12
    30lbs x 9
    40lbs x 7 (+1 rep)

*Wow, I really got a good burn goin' in my rear delts with these. These felt much stronger than the last time I did them, and the weights were a good bit higher than the last time I wrote them down. Overall very pleased with these.*

DB Shrugs-

80s x 10
    80s x 10
    80s x 10

*Got a good burn, but don't have straps yet so I can't go too much further with regards to weight.*

Squats-

135lbs x 15
    185lbs x 12
    225lbs x 9
    260lbs x 6 (+5lbs and 1 rep)

*These were damn intense. The high reps get me at first, and then when I pile on the weight, I'm shot. I love this feeling. Didn't really hit the depth like I wanted on the final rep, but overall it really went smoothly.*

Nautilus Leg Press-

200lbs x 15
    250lbs x 12
    300lbs x 9
    400lbs x 6
    495lbs (whole stack) x 9 (+2 reps)

*VERY intense here. Legs were shot after I finished. Was feeling froggy, so I figured I'd see what I could do with the whole stack. Got it up 9 times and maybe could have got it the tenth. Really happy with these.*

Cybex Seated Leg Curls-

95lbs x 15
    110lbs x 12
    125lbs x 9
    150lbs x 6

*Did a good job burning out the hammys with these. Finished off the legs and limped away.*

Overall a pretty damn good session. Had a lot of energy going into the gym, and it showed throughout the lifts. Squats and leg press looked especially good. Overall very happy with the intensity and focus on lifting.

Had free bodyfat testing at the rec center today. They did a 3 site bf test and said the variation is probably somewhere around + or - 4%. The first time, they had me tested as 9.8% and I didn't feel that was right, even with the variation, so after I worked out I had them do it again, and it came up 12%. If you add the variations in, my bf is either at 14% or 16%, so I just split the middle and said it was 15%. They told me my chest and upperbody is pretty damn lean, I just tend to carry my fat in the middle and quad area. I'm actually pretty happy with that testing. That's down from the 17.1% I was tested at back when I was 165lbs. My stats as of now are 7lbs heavier and 2% less bf since I was tested last. I'll take that.

Quote of the Day: "No need to flex, we're all big men here."

Dammit, didn't see you sneak in there Ryu. Thanks man, and yea I'm back to listing weights. I figured that I might as well list them. I've realized that I can't always increase everytime I go to the gym, so I'm not gonna let that bother me anymore.

great work chubbs the minus 2% bf and up in poundage is ace work bro... and way to kill those squats mang your catchin up and quick
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

No one can increase every time they lift. Good looking squats there, sounds like you're giving 100% here my man. Glad to see it. Sounds like you're doing quite well in here. When you focus on form and intensity, the weights will come up on their own, thinking about the WEIGHT all the time is teh suckage for teh motivation.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Another kwality workout my man

Good job on the bodyfat test as well!

props on the squats. repping 260 while weighing in at ~170 not too shabby. also, good going on the bulk. gaining weight and dropping bf

Mase- Thanks man, and I'm trying. One day I'll be squatting 315 for sets of 10. Until then, I keep a banner on my cellphone that reminds me each and every day, that I'm small and weak.

SW- Thanks buddy, and yea man, I hear ya. I dwelled on what weight I was putting up far more than I should. It about drove me crazy.

Gimp- Thanks man. I dunno exactly how accurate it is, but it gave me something to go by.

Doug- I'm actually 172, but I'll take the compliment anyhow. I actually wasn't thinking I was losing fat on this bulk, though I didn't think I was gaining any. After I took my last set of pics, Ryu and CC made the comment that it looked like I leaned out some, so when they said there was a free BF Test, I jumped all over it.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Great work on the squats, damn I'm 35lbs from you still!
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

CC- Thanks man. You know I can't let ya catch me lol.

nice work chbrock...so how far are you bulking to? are you going for 300 like ryu lol

Brian- Hey man, and thanks, but nahhh I'm not going to 300 like Ryu. I'm not that ambitious....yet. I'm thinking I'm going to see what I'm lookin like at 180. Unlike Ryu I've never had the defined abs lol, so I'm thinking of doing an extremely clean cut, and hoping I can get a little def. in the abdominal area by beach time. I would like to hit 190 before I cut, but I'm afraid that won't give me enough time to get down to a low enough bodyfat for the beach. Honestly everything's up in there air at the moment.

I wannabebig!
    hey ive never had defined abs

Good overall workout there, Chub. Bah, you don't need straps for those shrugs. Just do some forearm and grip work. That's awesome that you are gaining weight and still losing fat. Your diet and workouts seem to be in good order.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Ryu- Hahaha, you had a much lower bodyfat than me.

Guido- Thanks man, and I probably do need to start doin' some grip work. I really hadn't noticed I'd lost any BF until Ryuage and CC made the comment pertaining to my pics. I'm happy that things are going the way they are.

Food:

Meal 1- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey Burger, Chicken Sandwich, Roast Beef Sandwich, Apple and PB, 3 Cups of Milk

Meal 3- Turkey Burger, Chicken Sandwich, Apple Raisan and PB Sandwich, 2 Cups of Milk

Meal 4- Balance Bar

Workout- Calves, Abs, and Arms

Seated DB Curls:

20s x 15
    25s x 12
    35s x 9 (+3 reps)
    40s x 6 (+ 5lbs)

Straight Bar Pressdowns:

130lbs x 15
    140lbs x 12
    150lbs x 9
    160lbs x 6

Straight Bar Cable Curls:

80lbs x 15
    90lbs x 12
    110lbs x 9
    120lbs x 6

Reverse Grip Pushdowns (each hand):

40lbs x 15
    50lbs x 12
    50lbs x 9
    60lbs x 6

Standing One Leg Weight Calf Raises:

BW + 40lbs x 10 (x 3)

3 Position Calf Raises:

BW x 10 each position (x 2)

Weighted Crunches:

105lbs x 10
    120lbs x 10
    135lbs x 10

Leg Raises:

3 sets x 10

Overall the workout was pretty good. Intensity was up, as much as I can get it up for an Arm Workout. Moved up in weights on some lifts, but in all others they went smoother, so I def. improved from last session. Pretty happy, but really looking forward to tommorow.

Quote of the Day: "Fueled by hate, and consumed by fear."

damn chubbs thats strong day in my book.. those db curls are getting up there man
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

nice work chub...are you doing like a full body style workout now? or just changing things up a little?

Dude you've got some strong abs goin' there.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Hey Chubmeister. Those weighted crunches are sick!

What method do you use to support the weight? Just stack some big ass plates on your chest?

Mase- Thanks man. With a little of "The Fight Song" blarin in the headphones, anything's possible.

Brian- Wed. are just a day were I do some of the bodyparts I've neglected in the other two workouts. Those two bodyparts just tend to be calves, abs and arms.

SW/Brick- Thanks guys. You may have a skewed image of how I do them. Those were on a ab machine, though I have done them on a pulley system with about 200lbs. I don't however, stack 45lb plates on my chest, though that would be pretty damn cool.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Fueled by hate, and consumed by fear!!!
    ...let the bodies hit the floor...
    LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Nice arm session dude, curl jocking the 40s already eh?
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 01-19-2005 at 09:52 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL