The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 54 of 279 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 6958
    nice w/o there chubbs..
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Nice push/pull session. dips are hard.

What's today's workout look like Chubrock??????????? *is quite interested*
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Mase- Thanks bro. I guess it wasn't too bad.

Doug- Thanks man. I usually do heavy dips, but I was working out in a different gym and they have no dip belt, so I had to use weight I could fit in between my feet. I ended up doing negative dips also, instead of my regular dips.

SW- HAHA, ya know I aim to please.....

Weekly Weigh In: 175lbs. Up 2lbs from last week. Happy to see my weight go up as planned again.

Food:

Meal 1- Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey Burger, Roast Beef Sandwich

Meal 3- Chicken (Skin Removed), Spaghetti, OJ

Meal 4- Chicken Sandwich, Cup of Milk

Other:
    Multi Vitamin
    ETS

Workout- Shoulders and Legs

Seated Lateral Raises:

15s x 15
    20s x 15 (+3 reps)
    25s x 10 (+2 reps)
    25s x 8

BTB Rear Delt Cable Raises (each hand):

10lbs x 15
    12.5lbs x 12
    20lbs x 10 (+5lbs)
    20lbs x 10 (+2 reps)

DB Shrugs (done slowly):

80s x 10
    80s x 10
    80s x 10

Overhead Squats:

Bar x 10
    Bar x 10
    Bar x 10

Squats:

135lbs x 5
    185lbs x 5
    225lbs x 5
    270lbs x 5.5 (+5lbs)

Jump Squats:

Bar x 10
    65lbs x 5
    95lbs x 5
    115lbs x 3*

*Bar slipped off back and smacked the ground haha. Was friggin' hilarious*

Overall a pretty damn good workout. Shoulder session was dead on. I took a nap before I went, and I actually felt a bit sluggish before lifting. I was pleasantly surprised with how I did. Thinking about doing Borris' workout, so I decided to try some new things today. The overhead squats are def. different, and are going to take some getting used to. My reg. squats were ON tonight. I just felt so good sittin under the bar. I was afraid I may have gone shallow on one of the reps, so I pretty much went almost ATC on the last rep, and couldn't quite get it up. My spotter had to help me a bit. The jump squats were just something different. Everything was going good. 115lbs didn't seem heavy at all, but on the 3 rep, the bar slipped off my shoulder and I was able to slow it down a little bit, but it still ended up hittin the floor. Nobody said anything to me lol. I suppose the bit of cussing I was doing to myself made people realize I was already pissed. Overall VERY happy with tonight, if for no other reason than I finally felt comfortable squatting. I mean it felt right for some reason, it's hard for me to explain.

Quote of the Day: "A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug." Patricia Neal

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Hey, nice squatin' bro'. Be careful with the jump squats there bud.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Great squatting man. Those jump squds just seem plain crazy. Nice work.

Brute- Thanks bro. If the gym had bumper plates, it wouldn't have been such a big deal, but fact that they were steel plates kinda made the "bang" quite loud lol. The weight didn't seem heavy at all, it was just that it slipped off my traps.

Stack- Thanks man, and welcome to the journal. The jump squats aren't anything special, just something I wanted to try.

You say you're catchin me on squats and you can't keep it on your traps, hehe

Those db shrugs looked killer. Very nice.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

SW- HAHAHA forget the fact that they were jump squats huh lol. Thanks bro.

great session chubbs your squat is lookin good.. hey chubbs i had teh same proablem on jump squats so i normally use the smith (yes i said the smith) to do them helps out with slippage..
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

nice workout, squats look great. COngrats on the weight gain. Is that your typical diet on a bulk? Doesn't look like many cals.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Squat looks great, keep it up big guy.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Mase- Thanks bro. I hadn't even thought about using the Smith Machine. I might have to try that the next time.

cphafner- Thanks man and welcome to the journal. I haven't ever sat down and figured up how many calories I'm taking in. I do know I eat until well past full on most days.

CC- Thanks buddy.

nice leg day there chub...sucks about the weight sliping off. I did something kind of like that today taking the plates off the hs high row machine...i had 2pps plus a ten so i take the plates of one side no problem...forget the other side has a 10 in front of the 45 and i just pull the 45 off lol the 10 pound weight goes clanking onto the floor right onto my cd player!!! doh...lucky i didnt break it

Brian- Damn bro, can't be screwin up the tunes. I guess that's why I wear my mp3 player around my arm.

Nice squatting bro. Jump squats sound fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmase1153
    great session chubbs your squat is lookin good.. hey chubbs i had teh same proablem on jump squats so i normally use the smith (yes i said the smith) to do them helps out with slippage..
    I really want to make a smart@ss "vertically challanged" coment, but I wont.
    Last edited by Bruteman; 01-31-2005 at 12:32 PM.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

andrew, don't drop the weights. i'm gonna give you a call this weekend. don't say anything to anyone about it, especially sarah. its her bday this weekend and i'm gonna fly down and surprise her. you, elizabeth (her sister, bc she's givin me a ride from the airport to clinton), and her parents are the only people who know. i'm getting in late friday night, early sat morning. i'll give you a call saturday. c ya later

Doug- Haha thanks man, and yea they were pretty fun.

Brute- Might as well say it now lol.

Tiger- Aight I gotcha buddy.

Food:

Meal 1- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Meal 2- 2 Chicken Sandwiches, Potatos, 2 Cups of Milk

Meal 3- Turkey Burger, Chicken Sandwich, 2 Roast Beef Sandwiches, 2 Cups of Milk

Meal 4- Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Other:
    ETS
    Multivitamin

Workout- Chest and Back

Benchpress:

45lbs x 15
    115lbs x 10
    145lbs x 3
    155lbs x 3
    170lbs x 3
    180lbs x 3
    190lbs x 3

Yates Rows:

135lbs x 15
    150lbs x 12 (+5lbs)
    160lbs x 9 (+5lbs)
    190lbs x 6 (+5lbs)

Dips:

BW x 10
    BW x 10
    BW x 5*

*Had to stop the workout here. It felt like I ripped something in my shoulder/chest area, right on the side of my chest near my armpit. I hurt pretty damn bad. I'm not going to do any shoulders tomorrow, probably won't squat because of how my arm has to sit, and probably won't do arms on Wed. I aggravated this **** awhile back and never let myself heal. I guess I'm paying for it now.

As you can see I switched the workout once again. I've decided to use a little bit of stuff I know works for me, and things I've been reading as of late. Here's how it goes:

Day 1: Upper focusing on Bench Strength and Back Size
    Day 2: Lower focusing on Squat/Leg Endurance and Shoulder Size
    Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: Upper focusing on Dip Strength and Back Size
    Day 5: Lower focusing on Squat Strength and Shoulder Size
    Day 6 and 7: Rest

As you can see, I'm kind of using a hybrid type split. I'm going to focus on strength in my bench and squat areas, but I'm going to also continue focusing on gaining some size in my back and shoulder area.

Overall, even though I had some intense pain, I enjoyed the workout. Bench is decent, at best. Yates Rows looked quite good.

Quote of the Day: "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Dude Andrew give this arm thing about 3 weeks to heal, it'll get worse every time.

My Exploits

3 weeks, hell bro, I'd go abso-****in-lutely insane.

I know dude but it sounds like the tendon attaching the pectoral to...whatever it's attached to.... has tried to snap. You have to let this heal. I know it's gonna kill ya but it's the best alternative.

My Exploits

SW- Yea I suppose you're right. I can't quit working out though, so I guess no shoulder or chest work for awhile.

I think it is your rotator cuff that is hurting you. Try doing some light weight, high rep DB flyes for awhile. Add in some rotator cuff work too. I'll supply some links to exercises if you don't know how. If you can get your hands on some mini bands, they are great for toughening up your rotator cuffs. Do you ever work your rear delts?

Machine- That would be awesome if you could send me some links to the rotator cuff work. I've noticed that if I stretch for a good bit, that it doesn't really hurt me during my workout. Today I didn't stretch as much as I used to, and ended up having to stretch multiple times throughout the sets. I do work my rear delts, though not to the degree of other things.