The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 55 of 284 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 7090
    Here's a link, these are the only RC exercises I ever do(though I usually do them with a mini band):
    http://www.weighttrainersunited.com/lflye.html

damn chubbs i am really sorry to hear about taht bro i know it would devastate me too do somethin like that.... but great w/o man...
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    *Takes note of injury*
    *Puts on smile and works hard to catch up*

. Sorry to hear about the injury, I know how much it sucks to not be able to do certain lifts or lifting at all.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Machine- Thanks bro, I'll probably start doing that today. How often do you think I should do the rotator cuff work??

Mase- Thanks man. I probably shoulda taken awhile off when I tweaked it last time, but I'm too hard headed and now I'm paying for it. I'm not going to do any shoulder work, and not going to squat because of how I have to stretch that shoulder/chest area. Depending on how it feels, I may go back to squatting Friday.

CC- HAHA enjoy it while ya can. I'm going to continue squattin tho bro, so don't think you'll catch me there lol.

What do ya'll think of working only one side of the body??? What I mean is, would there be anything wrong with doing some kinda shoulder/chest work with just my right arm (left shoulder is the bad one)??

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Damn. that sucksass about your shoulder Chubs.
    I think i recall that when Aka had surgery on his wrist a while back he continued to train the other side of his body as he believed it would help the injured side retain strength. so you might want to check out his journal. I believe it was only a few months back.
    I hope it starts feeling better soon.
    Last edited by Stackattack; 02-01-2005 at 07:07 AM.

Stack- Thanks man. I hope it heals up quickly. I hate not being able to stay in my routine. I used to frequent Aka's journal quite often, so I'm pretty familiar with his situation. That's actually what got me thinking about training my "good" side.

Sorry man. I've had my share of injuries (tho not weight-training related) but still I sympathize.

Hope things improve...and soon!

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Stash- Thanks bro. I've also had my fair share of injuries, though nothing as of late. It pisses me off that I'm going to have to take a little time off from benching and dips especially. I was making such good progress too.

That sucks aboiut the shoulder/chest thing, man. How do you think it happened? Were you going too deep on those dips?
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Ouch!!! I hope it'll heal in time before you go insane, bro.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Guido- Thanks bro. Well I know when I first tweaked it I was doing dips. I was trying to get one more rep with weight, and my left arm gave out. Because the dip station is set pretty high in the air, when I came down it really pulled on that area.

Homer- HAHA thanks man. I'm hoping I heal before I flip and kill somebody lol.

Food:

Meal 1- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Meal 2- 2 Vegetable Fajitas, Chicken Wrap, Chicken Sandwich, 2 Cups of Milk

Meal 3- Baked Chicken, Roast Beef Sandwich, Corn, 2 Cups of Milk

Meal 4- Balance Bar, Cup of Milk

Other:
    ETS
    Multi Vitamin

Workout: Legs and Lower Back (Endurance)

Leg Press:

2pps x 15
    2pps x 15
    3pps x 12
    4pps x 12
    5pps x 12 (+4 reps)

Cybex Leg Extensions:

90lbs x 15
    110lbs x 15
    150lbs x 12
    170lbs x 12
    170lbs x 12
    150lbs x 11*

*Just now realized I did too many sets here. Oh well lol.*

HS Leg Curls:

45lbs x 15
    70lbs x 15
    80lbs x 12
    90lbs x 12
    90lbs x 12

Hyperextensions:

BW x 10
    BW x 10
    BW x 10

Overall a very good workout. Def. left the gym feeling like I was going to fall over. Didn't mean to do that many sets on leg extensions, but it'll be alright. Absolutely killed my quads and hammies. It felt GREAT. I'm not going to let this injury screw me over. I vow to keep all my sessions just as intense if not more intense than before I hurt myself.

Quote of the Day: "Do you know where the **** you are....you're in the jungle baby, wake up, time to diiieeeee..."
    Last edited by Chubrock; 02-02-2005 at 07:06 AM.

Good job man. I think this injury has fired you up.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Strong leg workout. Gotta be careful on those dip, they can get scary if you lose balance.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Does anything stop you? I was planning on murdering your dog, raping your girlfriend, and blowing up your house. But that would just give you more time to go to the gym.

Nice session man, why no squats I thought you said you were gonna do them.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

SW- Just gotta make the best of any situation.

Cphafner- Thanks buddy. I had been doing dips for so long, and was so used to em'. I was just a bit too fatigued and was trying to push myself to far, and I guess I'm paying for them.

CC- HAHA knowing you, you'd probably rape my dog and kill my girlfriend, but either way, like you said, it would just give me more time for the gym. I'm never slowing down lol. But to answer your question, I didn't squat today, because I felt like it would put to much stress on my shoulder to soon. I use such a wide grip when I grab the bar, and it tends to stress on the injured area. I wanted to let it heal just a lil bit before using that wide grip again.

nice work man hope the injury heals soon

Brian- Thanks bro.

Food:

Meal 1- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar, Glass of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey Burger, 2 Roast Beef Sandwiches, 3 Glasses of Skim Milk

Meal 3- Chicken Strips, Turkey, Corn, 3 Glasses of Skim Milk

Meal 4- Balance Bar, Glass of Milk

Other:
    ETS
    Multi Vitamin

Workout: Odds and Ends

Decline Situps:

BW x 10
    BW x 10

Decline Situps with Russian Twist:

BW + 20lbs x 10
    BW + 20lbs x 10

Weighted Decline Situps:

BW + 25lbs x 10
    BW + 25lbs x 10

Leg Press Calf Raises:

300lbs x 12
    300lbs x 12
    300lbs x 12

3 Position Standing Calf Raises:

2 sets x 10 at each position

Reverse Grip Pressdowns (Each Arm):

40lbs x 12
    40lbs x 12
    50lbs x 5
    50lbs x 5
    50lbs x 5

Rope Pressdowns:

80lbs x 12
    80lbs x 12
    100lbs x 5
    100lbs x 5
    100lbs x 5

DB Curls:

25s x 10
    30s x 10
    30s x 5
    30s x 5
    30s x 5

Overall as much of a solid routine as possible. I was able to get a little tricep and bicep work in. I made sure I kept my elbows pressed up against my body, and I didn't feel it pull at all in my injured area. Pretty happy considering I can't do what I normally do.

Well, I'll probably be taking a month "off." What I mean by off, is the fact that I won't be on my normal routine at all. I'm going to do something Chris Mason suggested to me. For the next month this is what I'll be doing:

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday:

Squats:

2 sets x 10 reps (Warm Ups)
    2 sets x 5 reps
    2 sets x 3 reps
    2 sets x 2 reps

Wed./Sat./Sun. will be rest days. Chris said he believed that one could still gain size even if all they did was squat, and since I love squatting, I'm going to give it a go for the next month of so and see how things go. Should be an interesting journal. If nothing else lol, my squat should be going up a good amount haha.

Quote of the Day: "Shut up and squat."

I'm aswell going to try this out.

hahaha no. . Good luck with that man, it'll be tough~
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 02-02-2005 at 07:11 PM.

Cool routine man, I look forward to hearing how it goes!

you can certainly make gains just doing squats. A lot of your size is derived from your lower body. Good luck with the new split.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Don't forget the milk chubs. I'll be watching to see how much your squats improve.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Good luck on the squatting experiment.

As for odds and ends, you just go around and do exercises as you feel like doing?? I always find myself wanting to do those kind of sessions.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

CC- Ha, thanks man. I think I'll enjoy it.

Gimp- Thanks buddy, hopefully I can make some kinda decent showing with this new split.

CP- Thanks man. I still wish I could do my usual split, but this shouldn't be too bad.

Doug- HAHA yea, you're right there. I've already started drinking more.

CHomer- Thanks man. Well on Odds and Ends day, I just kinda do all the things I've neglected throughout the week. It usually always ends up being calves, abs, and arms, so those get one session a week.

Two comments. Like Doug said, I've gotta start drinking a lot of milk. Chris Mason recommended something like a gallon a day if my stomach can handle it. As it stands now, I'm already drinking over a half gallon, so I'll probably add one more glass to each meal. Also, so far the ETS I'm taking has done me some good. I get a pretty good nights sleep, and I haven't felt any DOMS in about a week now. Hopefully it keeps this trend up, because with all this squatting I'm getting ready to do, I'll probably have a hard time walking haha.

DUde, you murdered your calves....Nick approves lol.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

What is 1 gallon equal to in cups or litres? Like 8 cups? 2L?