The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 56 of 279 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 6955
    1 gallon = 3.78 liters or 16 cups. So he's drinking almost 2 liters of milk per day. Yep that's about how much I drink , too.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Backing up a bit I agree if you're going to choose one exercise to build on it should be the squat. I'm pretty interested in this hard gainer type of training myself. Good luck!

SW- HAHA thanks man. I'm glad you approve.

CC- Guido answered that for me.

Guido- Thanks for explaining that man. I think I'm taking in about 3/4 of a gallon of milk everyday.

Wikked- Thanks man. I think it should be pretty interesting.

Food:

Meal 1- Balance Bar, Glass of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey, 2 Chicken Wraps, 3 Glasses of Skim Milk

Meal 3- Turkey, Roast Beef Sandwich, 2 Bananas, 3 Glasses of Skim Milk

Meal 4- Balance Bar, Glass of Milk

Workout:

Squats:

135lbs x 10
    155lbs x 10
    185lbs x 5
    225lbs x 5
    *Put on Belt*
    245lbs x 3
    270lbs x 3
    280lbs x 2*
    290lbs x 2*

*Depth was a tad iffy on these. The first rep of each of these sets I'm sure I didn't hit parallel. It was like my body was trying to find a groove or something. The last rep of each set felt much better and I went a good bit deeper.*

Overall an intense workout. 8 sets of squats is pretty rough. I'm actually pretty happy with how it went. Depth on almost all the sets was good. I felt in control on pretty much every rep. The only time I felt a bit iffy was the first rep of some of the heavier sets. Personally I think I have a good 290lbs squat max, hitting just at or below parallel. I'm hoping I can max at 350lbs before I turn 19 in August. I've got about six months to do it, so I think it's possible. Left the gym in pain, but good pain. I thought my legs were gonna come out from under me, but of course, I'd have it no other way.

Going to stay with the same routine, but do a lil variation of it, based on how I think my joints are gonna respond.

Day 1- Light Squats focusing on depth
    Day 2- Moderate Weight, similar to 1 rep max, right at parallel depth
    Day 3- Rest
    Day 4- Heavy Weight, working on a little of the overload principle
    Day 5- Light Squats focusing on depth, let my joints relax a bit
    Day 6/7- Rest

Quote of the Day: "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger."
    Last edited by Chubrock; 02-03-2005 at 04:31 PM.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

mmm very close now....bastage
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Squats looking hella heavy there, bro.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Nice man. You're gonna die from this, lol.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

SW- HAHA that's no way to respect your elders lol. Thanks man.

Chomer- Thanks man, they felt heavy, but I was able to push em up.

CC- Thanks bro. The way I figure it, if it doesn't kill me, it sure as hell is gonna make me stronger. But I of course can't die, because that would give you a chance to catch up.

Nice squatting. I'm all inpired and stuff. Its ME lower today so I'll try and make you proud.

I wannabebig!
    nice lookin squats there chubs

Doug- HAHA man, good deal. I'm glad I could provide some inspiration.

Ryu- Thanks man, and good to see you around the journal again.

Weekly Weigh In: 174.5lbs. Down 1/2lb from last week.

Food:

Meal 1- Balance Bar

Meal 2- Turkey, Chickn Wrap, 2 Bananas, 3 Glasses of Skim Milk

Meal 3- Turkey, Chicken Sandwich, 2 Roast Beef Sandwiches, Banana, 3 Glasses of Skim Milk

Workout: Depth Focus and Joint Relief

*All Squats done Ass to Grass. Went down as far as I possibly could.*

ATG Squats:

95lbs x 10
    115lbs x 10
    135lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5
    185lbs x 3

*Put belt on.*

205lbs x 3
    225lbs x 2
    245lbs x 3.5

I REALLY enjoyed today's workout. Intensity and focus was dead on. Going down as far as I could actually felt really good. Several times I bottomed out on the safety pins lol. Lower back didn't feel it AT ALL, so apparently my form is pretty dead on. I think I'm actually going to like this squatting 4 times a week thing. Overall, very happy with today.

Quote of the Day: "If your success is not on your own terms, if it looks good to the world but does not feel good in your heart, it is not success at all."- Anna Quindlen
    Last edited by Chubrock; 02-04-2005 at 06:44 PM.

thats the way to do it chubbs. making the most out of your situation is the best thing to do and your doing it.. and your doing it well i might add.. squats are lookin strong my friend and when you come back from injury your gonna be making huge gains man.. good luck bro
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Quote of the day: "You're squats are looking awesome!" - Canadian Crippler
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 02-04-2005 at 08:28 PM.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Mase- Thanks bro. I'm tryin my best to remain upbeat about this whole thing. I guess it helps that I actually enjoy squatting.

CC- Thanks man, quotes like that def. help me keep my head up.

Awesome squats Chubs. Its good to see your remaining positive dispite your injury.

nice squatting man
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

:withstupi

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Stack- Thanks man. Ain't no use bitchin about something I can't control.

Cp/Chomer- Thanks guys.

Food:

Meal 1- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar, Glass of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey, Chicken Sandwich, Roast Beef Sandwich, 3 Glasses of Skim Milk

Meal 3- Pork Loin, Chicken Sandwich, Rice and Black Beans, 3 Glasses of Skim Milk

Other:
    ETS
    Multi Vitamin

Workout: Depth Focus

*All reps done Ass to Grass*

Squats:

95lbs x 10
    115lbs x 10
    135lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5
    185lbs x 3
    205lbs x 3

*Put on belt*

225lbs x 2
    250lbs x 4 (+5lbs and .5 rep)

Overall a very good workout. Depth is still to the point where I can't take it any lower. Everything felt AWESOME. No pains. Squatting without the belt for most of the sets is really helping strengthen my lower back. Form is spot on. The final rep of my heaviest set may not have been ass to grass, but my spotter said I hit well below parallel. Squats are becoming decently strong. Very happy with the effort today.

Quote of the Day: "1A 1A, 1A is GONE!!! Back left is GONE!!"
    Last edited by Chubrock; 02-07-2005 at 05:44 PM.

Strong squats bud. Workin' my way up on the low box.... Good to hear you're ATF on that ****. Get the most outta your workout. Way to work around this bitchass injury, and you're showing it it's a bitchass injury by still making gains and goin' hard. keep r up!!!!!!1
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Your going to have to change your username to squatboy, squatman or the likes. Nice effort man.

Nice squatting chub. I saw your post in chris mason's journal about your injury and how you plan to keep squatting. I'm very interested to see how it works for you. Best of luck to you and a speedy recovery.
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasmolina
    Your going to have to change your username to squatboy, squatman or the likes. Nice effort man.
    Squatboy works for me. Nice work bub.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Quote of the day: "You're squats are looking awesome!" - Canadian Crippler
    +1

Ace squatting, you got going.

great leg session huge... but what about bench and shoulder press's............

ohhh tahts right you cant soo whos the shrimp now :-) you know im kidding buddy keep up the hardcore squats
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

SW- Thanks man, you know I can't let know pussy ass injury keep me down.

Doug- HAHA, I might have to do that in the future.

Prune- Thanks man. If you've got any questions or comments, feel free to share.

Brute- Squatboy huh lol. If I'm Squatboy than I guess you're just gonna have to be Squatgirl.

CC- Thanks man.

Chomers- Thanks man.

Mase- Ha, alright buddy, you know what's gonna happen now. All it takes is one little slip up, and your ass is mine lol.