Page 57 of 285 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 7117

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Food:

Meal 1- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar, Glass of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey, Chicken Sandwich, Roast Beef Sandwich, Chicken, 3 Glasses of Skim Milk

Meal 3- Pork Loin, Turkey, Black Eyed Peas, Portebello Mushroom, 3 Glasses of Skim Milk

Meal 4- Balance Bar, Glass of Milk

Workout: Box Squats

*Box came to about 4-5inches below my knee. Put me right at or slightly below parallel. All squats done to disengage hips. Put all weight on the box, not touch and go.*

Squats:

115lbs x 10
    135lbs x 10
    155lbs x 5
    185lbs x 5
    205lbs x 3

*Put on Belt*

225lbs x 3
    245lbs x 2
    275lbs x 2

Overall, another good squat session. First time doing box squats, so I will probably make some good improvements on the sessions to come. Disengaging the hips was a pretty cool feeling. Definitely different going from a dead halt than regular squatting. I really enjoyed the session today. Intensity and form were dead on the entire time. Overall I'm very happy with the workout.

Felt like ass today. I've gotten another cold, and it's leaving me drained. I just feel like ****. Almost didn't go to the gym, but I'm glad I did.

Quote of the Day: "My shadows the only one that walks beside me...."
    Last edited by Chubrock; 02-08-2005 at 05:58 PM.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Is box squats, is where you sit on something, and stand up immediately after you sit???
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

You can do box squats one of two ways. First you can do touch and go, which is you lower yourself till your ass hits the box or bench or whatever you're using, and then you immediately come up. The other way you can do it, is lower yourself to the box, completely sit on the box, let the hip flexors relax so to speak, and then come back up with it. The second way is much harder, at least to me, and is what I did during the workout.

Box squats r teh ****!!!!!1 Good effort Chub and nice to see the weight on those boxes. I'm gonna tear into that **** when I go in friday, and measure the box.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

nice workout man. Box squats(esp. when pausing) is some serious stuff!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

yeah chubbs hardcore w/o my man good stuff keep them coming
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Brute- Squatboy huh lol. If I'm Squatboy than I guess you're just gonna have to be Squatgirl.
    Compared to you I am Squatgirl.

275 for box squats is just plain awesome my man! I also really like the quote today.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Quote of the day: "You're squats are looking awesome!" - Canadian Crippler
    +2
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

SW- Thanks man. It was my first time doing them, and I must say, I really liked it.

Cp- Thanks. I didn't realize that unwinding so to speak when pausing on the box could make that big a difference.

Mase- Thanks bro, and you know I'll keep em coming.

Brute- Thanks man, but you'll never be anything-girl to me. You're to ****in big. If ya like that quote, you may want to check out the song by Green Day called Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

CC- HAHA you love that quote don't ya. Thanks man.

nice squatting bro

Bri- Thanks man. I tried.

Fine workout chub. Way to keep at it.
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

Damn nice, chubs. I gotta try those sometime. I know I won't be nearly as strong as you on them, though.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Sounds like this new squatting routine is going well Chubs

Prune- Thanks man.

Guido- HAHA whatever man, you know you're much stronger than me.

Gimp- So far it's going well for me.

Food:

Meal 1- Balance Bar, Glass of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey, Chicken Sandwich, Black Eyed Peas, 3 Glasses of Skim Milk

Meal 3- Prime Rib, Shrimp Scampi, Potatos, 3 Glasses of Skim Milk**

**Shouldn't have eaten this, but it was specialty night at the dining hall, and they only do this kind of thing like once each semester, so I had to make use of all the good food.**

Other:
    ETS
    Multivitamin

Workout: Odds and Ends

Rope Push Downs:

100lbs x 15
    100lbs x 15
    130lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    130lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    130lbs x 5 (+10lbs)

Hammer Curls:

25s x 10
    30s x 10
    35s x 5
    40s x 5 (+5lbs)
    35s x 5

Reverse Grip One Arm Pressdowns:

40lbs x 15
    40lbs x 15
    60lbs x 5

"21's" Cable Curls:

2 sets at 80lbs

Standing Rotator Cuff Work:

3 sets x 10

Laying Rotator Cuff Work:

3 sets x 10

Decline Situps:

2 sets x 10

Decline Situps with a Twist:

2 sets x 10

Crunches with a Twist:

2 sets of 10 to each side

Leg Raises:

2 sets x 10

29 sets= 35min workout

Well I wasn't supposed to workout today. Today was my rest day, but you know I have a hard time resting. I decided to work whatever I could without risking pulling something. Actually went pretty good. Was a very quick workout. Pretty much went back and forth from lift to lift. Not much to get excited about, but I'm pretty happy.

Quote of the Day: "I walk this lonely road, the only road that I have ever known."

nice going chubbs.. but be careful bro cause you cant afford more downtime cause than ill really pass you by :-)
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Pretty sweet bro, and crunches with a twist are russian twists, just for nitpicking puposes
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Mase- HAHA bro, nah I make sure I do nothing that really brings the hurt area into play. You know I can't let ya pass me.

SW- Yea yea, call em what ya like. Nah just playin man. I knew they were Russian Twists, I just usually think of a Russian Twist as holding the up position and twisting for an extended amount of time.

Nice odds and end. No quoting Green Day!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    35 mins! Wow, it takes me 1 hour 15 minutes for 16 sets.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Prime rib

Nice little session there bro'.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Cp- Thanks man. I don't usually listen to Green Day, but there's something about that song that I like.

CC- Yea, I flew through the workout. Had to go to a meeting, but I knew I still wanted to hit up the gym, so I had to get my Speedy Gonalez on.

Brute- Thanks bro. The prime rib was pretty good, but actually not as good as the Shrimp Scampi. I felt so guilty eating all that, but they only do it once in a blue moon, so I figured I'd take advantage.

Chubberino's that looks like a fun workout. Gotta love those 21's. They burn like hell, especially on your forearms. I give you a
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Guido- Haha thanks man. Not too bad for a workout that wasn't supposed to be.

Food:

Meal 1- Balance Bar, Glass of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey, Chicken Sandwich, Roast Beef Sandwich, Rice, 3 Glasses of Milk

Meal 3- Pork Loin, Chicken Breast, Chicken Sandwich, Salad, 2 Glasses of Milk

Other:
    ETS
    MultiVitamin

Workout: Heavy Box Squats

*Box came right up below my knee cap. Ended up being about 3-4inches above parallel. All squats done with a pause, and a rock backward to disengage the hips.*

Squats:

115lbs x 10
    135lbs x 10
    185lbs x 5
    225lbs x 5
    250lbs x 3
    275lbs x 3

*Put Belt On*

295lbs x 2 (+5lbs)
    315lbs x 3 (+25lbs)

BBBITTCCHHEESS!!! Damn this was a good workout. Granted the squats aren't to paralle, but everything, and I mean everything felt strong. I'm so excited about hitting 3 plates for 3. I really think I could've hit 315 for one solid parallel squat. Damn I feel good right now. This is the first time I've ever put that much weight on the bar, and even unracked it. The whole time I kept thinking about that quote I saw in somebody's sig: "If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending." The QUEST FOR 4 PLATES officially begins today. Damn I'm pumped up. Overall I'm extremely happy with today.

Quote of the Day: "If the bar ain't bendin', you're just pretendin'."

nice work man..impressive squatting