The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 62 of 284 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 7084
    squatmaster HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! (sorry i just watched thundercats today) great session man you are gonna kill 405 by august.. i cant f***ing wait
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Nice box squats there, looks like you're in for a good recovery. Just don't force it and soon you'll be BAAAACK!
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Ace squatting!!!
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Very nice work, damn good squats!!

i have seen your journal. get some sleep

Lil Franco- HAHA thanks bro. I'm so pumped up and ready to make the push to 4 plates.

SW- Thanks man, and I'm going to make sure I take it slow.

Chomer- Thanks man.

Coke- Thanks big man.

Tiger- HAHA good to see you around the journals more often bro.

Food:

Meal 1- Balance Bar, Glass of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey, Roast Beef Sandwich, Chicken Wrap, Small bowl of Chili, 3 Glasses of Milk

Meal 3- Turkey, Turkey Sandwich, Chicken Sandwich, 3 Glasses of milk

Meal 4- Balance Bar, Glass of Milk

Other:
    Multi Vitamin

*Out of damn ETS. No worries though. I just ordered 3 bottles of it haha.*

Workout: Randomness

Concentration Curls-

20s x 10
    25s x 5
    30s x 5
    35s x 5
    40s x 5 (+5lbs)

Preacher DB Curls-

20s x 10
    30s x 5
    30s x 5

Rope Cable Curls-

80lbs x 10
    80lbs x 10
    80lbs x 10
    80lbs x 20

One Arm Reverse Grip Pulldowns-

30lbs x 10
    60lbs x 8 (+3 reps)
    60lbs x 7 (+2 reps)
    60lbs x 7 (+2 reps)

Straight Bar Pushdowns-

100lbs x 10
    130lbs x 5
    140lbs x 5
    150lbs x 5
    160lbs x 5
    170lbs x 5
    180lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    100lbs x 20

Chinups-

BW x 5
    BW x 5
    BW x 5

Weight Machine Crunches-

2 sets x 10 at 140lbs

Decline Weighted Situps (with DB)-

BW x 10
    BW + 30lbs x 10
    BW + 40lbs x 10
    BW + 50lbs x 10

Overall a pretty good workout in my opinion. I came into the workout with a lot of energy, and it showed. Curl Jockey strength has gone up. Tricep strength is still climbing at a pretty good pace. Lats looked like they exploded while I was watching myself in the mirror. Could have done more chins but didn't wanna push myself too much. I'm going to try using the 75lb DB next time for my decline situps. Even though I'm small, I felt like a beast while doing those cable curls. My arms looked huge with the pump they were getting. Today was just a fun session and overall I'm VERY happy.

I'm leaving tomorrow for the first paintball tournament of the year. The teams gotta drive 8hrs to Canton, Georgia. There are 61 teams in our division, and most of them have been playing together for at least a year. Our team hasn't been together long, but I feel like we have a chance at doing fairly well. If nothing else, this will give us a good idea of what we need to work on the most.

Quote of the Day: "When I'm at the gym I'm cumming, when I go home I'm cumming, I cum everyday...it's great."
    Last edited by Chubrock; 02-24-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Great randomness day dude. Good luck w/ the painball stuff. Didn't know you were serious into it. Lol at quote.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Yeah babaaaay! Lightweight! BOOOOOOOO! WOO! Yeah!

Great session again, chicken that happens to be chubby.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

nice effort man. Leave the paint ballgun at home, just show everyone your guns and they wil run in fear!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    LMAO @ qoute of the day.

Very decent session, no doubt you'll get better by next week.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianHomer
    LMAO @ qoute of the day.
    Ain't you ridiculous?? - ... did very well, I ought to try doing the random thing, lol.
    Last edited by Coke; 02-25-2005 at 06:48 AM.

SW- Thanks bro. Yea, I'm actually very into it.

Mitch- So I got the chubby part, but wheres the chicken part coming from haha. Thanks bro.

Cp- HAHA if I showed em these pea shooters they'd just sit there and laugh.

Chomer- Thanks man.

Coke- Yea, I'm a little on the odd side I suppose. Thanks man.

EVERYBODY- Go get Ahhnold's Pumping Iron DVD. That's where the quote came from.

Weekly Weigh In- 175.5lbs. Actually went up this week and thought I was going down. Oh well lol.

Workout: Heavy Box Squats

*Done on a box that is 3-4 inches above parallel. All squats done with some kind of pause, most done with a rock backwards.*

Squats-

135lbs x 10
    155lbs x 10
    185lbs x 5
    225lbs x 5
    245lbs x 3
    275lbs x 3

Put on Belt.

295lbs x 2
    325lbs x 5 + 1 assisted (+5lbs and 1 rep)

Overall the session was spot on. Last set was friggin awesome. Strength felt great. Intensity was on and form was great. Very happy with today. Oh yea, drank a quart of milk postworkout.

Short post today, because I'm getting ready to head to Georgia for the tournament. Later guys.

Quote/Thought of the Day: "This is for all them ****ers that said I'd never be ****, that said I'd always be fat and useles...**** em."
    Last edited by Chubrock; 02-25-2005 at 08:09 AM.

*bwak bwak bwak bwak bwaaaak??!?*

Awesome session, Chubmaster.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

nice work man..good luck in the tourney

Quote Originally Posted by lilmase1153
    squatmaster HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! (sorry i just watched thundercats today) great session man you are gonna kill 405 by august.. i cant f***ing wait

Thunder cats is still on T.V. ?? I used to watch it when I was in my teens!!

You're a nice, fat squatting free-weight (opposite of mean, lean squatting machine)

Great work, 325 is impressive.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

I wannabebig!
    great randomness and squat session chubs

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Cp- HAHA if I showed em these pea shooters they'd just sit there and laugh.
    Well that would slow them down long enough to shoot em! Nice squat effort.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

good luck in canton squatmaster my boy... and nice couple of w/os chubbs your squats seem to be getting stronger with every w/o
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Good luck with the tourney, bro!
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

I haven't been in here for aaaages

Tournament sounds cool, hope it goes well

Stash- HAHA chicken huh. I figured with all the milk I drink ya'll would probably be callin me a cow.

Brian- Thanks man.

Muscle Chic- You can catch a lot of the "good" cartoons late at night. Welcome to the journal. Hope ya stay around.

Mitch- HA! I'm not fat, I just got a little extra cushion for the pushin. And I'm only nice to people I get along with haha.

Ryu- Thanks man.

Cp- Good point haha. Thanks man.

Lil Franco- Thanks bro. I just try to keep increasing somehow, whether it be reps or weight, or even intensity.

Justin- Thanks man.

Gimp- Yea I know man, where ya been at? Thanks bro, and don't be a stranger.

Tournament Results from The Hot-Lanta Classic

There were 77 teams in our Division alone. The biggest divisonal turnout for this tournament series ever. Most of the teams there have been together for a year and a bit. Our team, Team Genesis, has only been practicing together for roughly 2-3 months, so we really had our work cut out for us.

Rough Field Layout: http://www.supairball.com/home/news.php Scroll halfway down the page and you'll see roughly what kind of field we played on. Use that picture to visual the game by game analysis.

Game 1 (Team Nobodys): I made it to the back standup, but my corner was muddy as hell and I ended up busting my ass. Slid out the other side of the bunker, but was able to scramble back in. Shot a couple of times, but couldn't get a good rhythm going. Ended up getting shot in the face. Played like **** and one guys gun was down. Not a good way to start the tourney. Team Genesis (0-1)

Game 2 (Team Busdrivers): Was nervous going into this game. I heard Busdrivers was one of the favored teams. Off the break I was able to make my back standup. My dad got burned off break and another from the left side followed him shortly. Our snake player was able to dive into the snake (long bunker on left side of the field). Nobody saw him make the move. I was able to shoot down line and catch a guy playing sloppy. My buddy playin in front of me caught it in the face. Snake man slid down the snake and pegged 3 bodies. That left us with the 2 on 1 advantage. I was breaking paint like crazy but made the move up and caught the guy on the run. Grabbed and hung the flag with time to spare. Team Genesis (1-1)

Game 3 (Team Xtreme Tactics): On break, made my bunker again. Dad and other left side got burned on break for second game in a row. Snake player made snake. I got gogged in the face for the second game. Shortly after my snake player got bunkered and shot about 12 times. We managed to shoot 2 or 3 of em out, but couldn't withstand the quick push they made. Team Genesis 1-2

Game 4 (Team Illusion): Switched up and played the center bunker this time. Everybody made their bunkers this time. Shot a guy out at the center bunker. Left side got taken out. Game seemed to be heading for a stale mate, so I made a quick move up the gut and made a dive for the flag. Pulled back in tight but got nailed. We got the first flag pull which was needed. We all ended up getting shot out, but because the game took so long, they couldn't get a flag hang, and we won by points (mainly because of my flag pull). Team Genesis 2-2

Game 5 (Team Damage Inc): Really got screwed this game by the refs. Everybody made their bunkers, but my front player was called out because of pink paint on his shoe, when the other team was shooting orange paint.... My buddy shot another guy out, but the guy played on and shot him back. No penalty was issued. I was last one in and got bunkered. No penalty issued on a guy that hande 2 OBVIOUS hits on his leg. We should've had that game long in the bag if the damn refs had done their jobs. "Officially" Team Genesis 2-3

Game 6 (Dominion): Off break everybody made their bunkers. We got our guy into the snake. He drew a lot of fire, but me and my back left were able to lock down the left side of the field and take the heat off him. I shot the guy in the center out. Snake men shot out two guys. Me and my right side front player got shot out. Dad and back left guy pushed the field and that combined with my snake player was too much for Dominion to handle. We won the final game with almost a perfect score. "Officially" Team Genesis 3-3

4 of the 6 teams we played made the Semis, so we didn't play any scrub teams.

Overall we played some good ball. Took us a game to realize the level we would actually have to play at. Communication was pretty good. Finally realized that putting all that paint in the air really helps roll teams. I'm really proud of everybody and I know that before long, we we'll be a contender. The tournament was awesome. Fields could've been a bit better, and the refs sucked, but overall I had a blast, and we proved that even though we don't have near the experience most people have (our snake players played paintball a total of 2-3 months) we can be and will be competitive.

Sounds awesome mang. I'd play in paintball tournies but I'm a sissy haha.

damn bro it sounds like you had a blast.. but maybe you shoulda took some pics so we can pretend we were there with ya
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

nice flag pull. way to be a winner. too bad the refs screwed yall over. you need paint grenades.