The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 64 of 279 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 6957
    Awesome rows the other day man. Swell squats too.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Nice coupla sessions, bro.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Very nice squatting mang.

Tiger- HAHA, wasn't a bad concert was it.

Bri- Thanks bro. I work at a coffee shop on campus. Pay isn't very good, but I can make a little bit of money here and there. I'm putting in about 22-23hrs a week on top of a full boat of classes. I just try to squeeze my lifting in when I can.

Mitch- Thanks man. Nah this was on a parallel box, and not the box I use for my heavy box squats.

Stack- Thanks bro. The rows felt awesome, and even though I made a gain, I wish the squats had felt the same.

Chomer- Sup my man, thanks dude.

Coke- Thanks man, I'm tryin to hold up to my word.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Dam. Nice squatting man. First time in here. I will have to start from the beginning when i have some time to burn.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

I know just what you mean about expecting to pwn a session and then finding that you don't

The job sounds nice

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, that was some nice squatting
    Last edited by TheGimp; 03-03-2005 at 10:52 AM.

Teh chickies.... Yeah!

Nice to see some bench back in here, and yeah, it'll come back like a train, and then there's no stoppin the ex-Chub!
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Eric- Thanks for stoppin by man. Hopefully you'll make this a stop on your journey more often.

Gimp- HAHA thanks man.

SW- LOL thanks man, and I'm hoping it'll come back to me.

Food:

Meal 1- Glass of Milk

Meal 2- Fruit Cup

Meal 3- Chicken Sandwich, Turkey Sandwich, Rice, 3 Glasses of Milk

Meal 4- Chicken Sandwich, Rice, Chili, 3 Glasses of Milk

Meal 5- Glass of Milk

Workout: Upper Body 2

DB Bench-

50s x 10
    50s x 10
    60s x 5
    70s x 9 (+1 rep)
    75s x 5 (+5lbs)

Close Grip Chins-

BW x 7
    BW x 6
    BW x 5

Reverse Grip Tricep Pulldowns (Each Hand)-

30lbs x 10
    60lbs x 9 (+1 rep)
    70lbs x 0/3 (+10lbs) {L/R}
    60lbs x 6
    60lbs x 8 (+1 rep)

Cable Curls-

80lbs x 10 (Lower Half)
    90lbs x 10 (Upper Half)
    100lbs x 10 (Lower Half)
    110lbs x 10 (Upper Half)

Cable Shrugs-

250lbs x 10
    250lbs x 10
    250lbs x 10

Concentration DB Curls-

25s x 5
    30s x 5
    35s x 5
    40s x 2

Straight Bar Tricep Pushdowns-

180lbs x 10 (+5 reps)

Well this actually turned out to be a damn good session. I wanted to start out with some DB Bench, because I just felt like I could benefit from getting some more chest work in. I came out and surprised the hell outta me. I ended up with a 5lbs jump from the last time I did these before my injury. So much for lost strength haha. Close grip chins were just to fry the back a little bit. Tricep strength was dead on tonight and felt real good. Biceps were fried right there at the ended, but with all the work I did, I'm not really disappointed. Overall a VERY good session.

Damn I miss my ETS and am looking forward to getting to the house to get my shipment. I'd forgotten what it was like to be sore haha. My damn wings (even though they're tiny) feel like they're gonna fall the **** off. Very sore, stiff, and my joints seem to be bothering me a little bit. Thank God I got some more ETS ordered.

Quote of the Day: "No human contact, and if ya interact, ya life is on contract, ya best bet is to stay away motha ****a, it's just one of those days..."

^ Lol quote is my motto for today ( a ****ty one at that!)

Surprised as well on those db presses. Wonder why they increased on a decent layoff? Maybe you WANTED it more.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

SW- Could be that I wanted it more. Also could be that all my chest needed was a damn lay off. I dunno though, either way I'll take it.

*Watches tumbleweeds roll by*

Good work bro, covered a lot during the session.

freakin a squatmaster nice w/o.. sorry about the latw comment but that is a noteworthy w/o my friend..
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    GET OUTTA HEEEEEEEEEEEEE! lol! yo is that a mic? is it? watch out, watch out. tete tete. *giggle*. nooooo! jameson! lool it. percentage of people who are dave chappele: 0.000000000692183%. therefore everyone else has the right to shut the hell up.

Hey man awesome session there. Only 5lbs up on me with DB Presses
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Coke- Thanks bro. I actually finished in under 40 minutes.

Franco- Thanks bro. Hopefully I can put up some decent squat numbers tonight. What are you referring to with the "sorry about the latw comment"?

Mitch- HAHA you're certifiably crazy man. Thanks anyway man, and I told ya that you could catch me if ya wanted to.

LIMP BIZKIT good quote! Great session. Peaking my curiousity of the ETS stuff now! When you say upper half are you doing a sort of 21 type curl?

Nice upper body work!!! Looking strong, bro.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Wikked- Thanks man. Yea the upper half was kind of like a 21 type curl.

Chomer- Thanks man, I was pretty happy.

Weekly Weigh In- 175lbs. Down .5lbs from last week. Thought I ate a **** load of food this week, hmmmm.

Food:

Meal 1- Glass of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey, Chicken Sandwich, Eggs, Chili, 3 Glasses of Milk

Meal 3- Footlong Roasted Chicken Breast Sub

Meal 4- Protein Plus Bar, Quart of Milk

Meal 5- Roast Beef Sandwich

Workout: Box Squats

*All squats done on a box that was roughly 4 inches above parallel. All squats done with some sort of pause.*

Squats:

135lbs x 10
    185lbs x 10*
    225lbs x 5*
    245lbs x 5*

Put on Belt

265lbs x 3*
    275lbs x 3
    315lbs x 2*
    335lbs x 3 + 2 assisted (+10lbs)

*Dictates a 20lb increase in working weight. Wasn't going to put "+ anything" because they aren't records.

Parallel Squat:

325lbs x 1 (+a lot)

Overall a DAMN good workout. I felt like I had so much energy today. Was actually pretty odd that I felt this good. The box squats are once again done on a box that isn't to parallel. Got out the tape measure and found out that I'm sitting about 4-5inches above parallel. Slightly more than I want, but I guess unless I build my own box, I can't complain. All the squats felt damn good. Even the 315 felt fairly light. 335 was tough, but still managed to get some solid reps out. The 325lbs parallel squat was done at the end of the workout. Just wanted to see if I could do it. I used a box that was at parallel and went touch and go. I never set my weight fully down on the box though, so I'm sure I ended up a bit shallow. I still feel that on a day in which I'm fresh I could hit 325 for a solid single. Overall VERY happy with today's workout.

Thought about buying a lifting belt of my own. The local gym in my hometown has a couple and I thought about picking one up. Pretty heavy duty ****. What ya'll think?

Quote of the Day: "**** this ****, life begins at parallel bitch."
    Last edited by Chubrock; 03-07-2005 at 12:55 PM.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    I have a song for you... it's called It's Gotta be Chubs by N-Sync. Here's the chorus.

EVERY SINGLE TIME HE SQUATS
    HE MAKES A NEW PR
    HIS LEGS MUST BEEEE HUGE!
    AND REAL STROOOONG TOO!
    BABY WHEN HE OBVIOUSLY!
    SQUATS MORE THAAAN ME!
    GUESS WHAT? ITS GOTTA BE CHUBS!
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Nice work on them deads. LOL at the quote, so ****ing true.

Um, CC a Nsync fan???

Mitch- HAHA you've got talent man. Gotta make a record of all those instant hits. Thanks man.

Chomer- haha Deads...I don't see no stinkin deads lol. Just messin man. I know what ya meant. Thanks man.

Primo squats dude. If I lift today (probably will) I'm gonna shoot for 335x5. He he biotch

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    Primo squats dude.
    ...your squats are always damn good!!

Wow, nice number on that parallel squat. Is that a PR?
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

SW- HAHA go for it man. You'll probably blow me outta the water.

Coke- Thanks bro.

Guido- Thanks man. Yea it was a personal record, but since it's been so long since I went for a 1 rep number, I have no clue how much of a PR it is. I know it's a lot though.

Maybe recompositioning?

All your numbers r going on up!!!

*takes notes*

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles