The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 66 of 284 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 7083
    Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    LOL @ your diet, you must be a sandwich freak.

Insane volume in today's session. I guess you like chin-ups.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

A week off squats? Blasphemy.

REALLY REALLY nice upper body session, Bubba.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Mighty fine session Chubs

Super session bro...doing damn good on those movements.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Awesome session! But I don't think it's alot of volume like how CH said; most of those don't seem to be heavy working sets. AWESOME JOB **** man you rule.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Awesome session! But I don't think it's alot of volume like how CH said; most of those don't seem to be heavy working sets. AWESOME JOB **** man you rule.
    I was referring to the amount of sets, not reps. I may be over-exagerating on the description, but you cannot deny that it's a lot of sets.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

nice pr's. with the 45lbs what are you pullin 215 or so? not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner
    Great job man, those are some sweet box squats. With all the squatting you've been doing, a week of might not be a bad thing.
    Hey ya man, same for me with bench. I took a week off and exploded back into it. I think it'd def. be beneficial for you too. Happy resting...slacker..
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Chomer- HAHA Yea, I am a sandwich fiend. I do like chins.

Stack- Yeah I know, I can't believe I'm going to do it either.

Stash- LOL thanks man.

Gimp- Thanks man.

Coke- Thanks man. I was pretty happy.

Mitch- Thanks bro. Ya oughta know I'm not going to let you catch me.

Doug- Thanks man.

SW- HAHA I'll try to enjoy the rest.

Weekly Weigh In: 176.5lbs. Up 1.5lbs. Very happy considering I was able to gain weight even though I ran so much this week.

Food:

Eaten a bunch of ****. Went out to eat with my family tonight. Oh well, I'm home for Spring Break.

No Workout Today. Going to workout in the morning with my dad. Will probably do a bunch of random ****.

Quote of the Day: "My stomach is swaged up."

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Hey, nice job on the db press's. Pullups looking ace too. That's all I'll compliment you on, cause i don't want your head to swell too much.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

It is hard to believe the way you changed up from 240lbs to where you are now...great job - keep up the good work.

Brute- HAHA me, get a big head....nahhhhhh. LOL Thanks man.

Coke- Thanks bro. Hopefully my transition to being big and ripped will happen the way I plan it.

Saturday Morning Workout With Dad: Randomness

Chins:

BW x 5
    BW + 5lbs x 4
    BW + 10lbs x 3
    BW + 25lbs x 2
    BW + 35lbs x 1
    BW + 45lbs x 1

DB Overhead Press:

30s x 10
    40s x 5
    50s x 5
    60s x 5 (+5lbs)
    65s x 5*

*Dad had to help me get em up to my shoulders. He then had his hands around my wrist, but swears the lift was all me. I don't want to count it as a personal record, but I thought I'd list them anyway.

DB Lateral Raises:

12s x 10
    15s x 10
    15s x 10
    15s x 10

DB Hammer Curls:

35s x 10 (+2 reps)
    35s x 7
    35s x 8

Overall just wanted to get in the gym, do some random stuff, and have fun with Dad. It was the first time in a long time I've been able to workout with him. Had a fun just doing randomness. Still had some good lifts. The overhead presses suprised me considering I haven't done any front delt lifts in over 2 months. Lats felt a little fatigued, but decided to do some chins anyway since I'm too stubborn. Pretty happy.
    Now getting ready to have a cookout with my family.

Quote of the Day: "I got these Dad."

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Is he jacked?
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

congrats on the weight gain, and nice lifting!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

dizzy dizzamn squatmaster.. whats with the week off bro of squats bro nah man j/k your looking great bro.. hit me up sometime now that my comp is back up
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Nice session, also it's kinda cool to have these father-son moments in the gym.

ohhh so you can AIM when im asleep but you cant update your shiznit huh... just playing bro get at me doggg *DMX voice*
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Mitch- HAHA nahhh, but at least he's working out again.

Cp- Thanks man.

Mase- LOL, the week off is a necessity.

Chomer- Yea it was fun. I never really saw him when I was younger, so we try to do more stuff together now.

Mase- You know how it is.

Food:

Meal 1- 2 Balance Bars, Glass of Milk

Meal 2- Footlong Roasted Chicken Breast Sub

Meal 3-5- Coming up

Other:
    ETS

Workout with Ryuage:

Benchpress:

115lbs x 10
    135lbs x 10
    155lbs x 5
    175lbs x 5
    180lbs x 5 (+5lbs)
    185lbs x 3 (+10lbs)
    185lbs x 3 (+10lbs)

HS Iso Lateral Low Row (Combined Weight):

90lbs x 10
    180lbs x 5
    230lbs x 6
    250lbs x 6
    260lbs x 7 (+10lbs)
    270lbs x 5 (+20lbs)

Rear Delt Flyes:

110lbs x 10
    110lbs x 10

CGBP:

95lbs x 10
    145lbs x 5
    145lbs x 5
    145lbs x 5

Incline DB Curls:

25s x 10
    25s x 10

Today was a fun workout. Ryuage stays only about an hour from me, and since I'm on break, I thought I'd drive down and hit up a workout with him. Pretty cool dude. Nice strength and size overall, and pretty layed back. It was kinda odd being the person to do the most talking, as I'm used to being the quiet one.

Workout wise, it wasn't that bad. Made some slight jumps on bench. Wrists hurt a little today. Nothing really to write home about, but I was pretty happy with it overall.

The lady at the Golds Gym stopped by and asked me if I lifted at a gym anywhere, and if I might want her to show me some of the packages offered there. Damn, I know I'm small, but that was a kick in the nuts lol. Oh well, one day....

Quote of the Day: "So, do you workout at anywhere?"

I wannabebig!
    lol, great workout andrew you shoulda told her hell ya I workout and that you woulda shown her later

That's cool you two can workout together. I don't know anyone else from the forum who is anywhere near me (besides my wife, lynnlynn).

Those look like some cuhrazee rear delt fly's man.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

awwww how cute steven and andrew sittin in a tree H*U*G*G*I*N*G.. first comes love than comes marriage than comes getfit in a baby carriage...

just kdding guys, awesome w/o chubbs i hope i can w/o with some of you guys someday
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Good benchin' in there dude. You're progressing nicely.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Good session, glad you're having fun.

great session, Ryuge is def a good dude!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase