Page 7 of 285 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Food:

Meal 1- Nitrean, Milk, Oatmeal, 2 slices of bacon

Meal 2- 2 Nutri Grain Bars, Balance Bar

Meal 3- Roasted Chicken Breast, Double Meat, Baked Lays

Meal 4- Salmon, Lean Hamburger, WOW Tostitos and Salsa

Meal 5- Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Banana

Totals-

Calories- 2821
    Protein- 206grams
    Carbs- 344grams
    Fat- 77grams

Overall not bad. My calories are a little low, but thats ok, because I had some stuff that added some additional calories, but I didn't put them in my Fitday. It averaged out pretty good though. Totals wise, not a bad day.

Quote of the Day- "You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything"

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

My fault ryuage, I didn't see your comment. What you plan to do after you get the degree?

Diet looking clean man.

BTW why don't you do deadlifts? Explain yourself!!!!
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

AHH nice flag Patty, though not as nice as mine. MUAHHHHH!!!!. Really, the reason I don't do deadlifts, is I'm more worried about not using the right form and screwin' something up. The entire time I've been going to the gym, I've never seen anybody deadlift, so there's really no one for me to ask about proper form. If you could hook me up with some pointers, or direct me somewhere that I could see good form, I'd try and incorporate them in, especially if you think I'd benefit from it.

Info for 5/24/04

Weight- 163lbs, even from last week

Food:

Meal 1- Nitrean, Milk, Oatmeal

Meal 2- Banana, Balance Bar

Meal 3- 2 Grilled Chicken Sandwiches

Meal 4- Protein Plus Bar

Meal 5- Spaghetti, Choco Milk

Meal 6- Spicy Chik Sandwich, WOW Tostitos and Salsa

Totals-

Calories- 3126
    Protein- 222grams
    Carbs- 399grams
    Fat- 75grams

Totals were pretty dag on good. The only thing that I would have lowered, was the carbs. Calories are a bit high, but dag on it, I gotta gain weight! I'm tired of staying even.

Workout- Full Body

Squats-
    165lbs x 10
    185lbs x 8
    220lbs x 6 (+5lbs)

Leg Curls-
    110lbs x 10
    120lbs x 8
    130lbs x 6

Dips-
    BW x 10
    BW + 10lbs x 8
    BW + 20lbs x 6

Dumbbell Rows-
    60lbs each hand x 10
    65lbs each hand x 8

Shrugs-
    70lbs each hand x 10
    70lbs each hand x 10

Lateral Raises-
    20lbs x 10
    20lbs x 8

Hammer Curls-
    35lbs x 10
    35lbs x 8

Close Grip Bench-
    115lbs x 10
    125lbs x 8

NEW LIFT!!!!
    Deadlift-
    135lbs x 4
    185lbs x 3
    225lbs x 2
    275lbs x 1

Overall, today I felt like a friggin beast after this workout. I felt like I pushed myself pretty damn good. My deads are pretty low, but I think once I get the repetition in, I'll be able to move up pretty nicely. I'm so freakin' close to squatting 2 plates for 6. Once I get there, I'm going to start doing ATF and see how that works out.

Thoughts- Working out is finally starting to show. People are starting to comment on how muscular I'm looking, and the guy I workout with, was like "Good Lord man, your startin' to look like a friggin beast." I saw some girl that I used to work with today. She graduated 3 years ago, and hasn't seen me in a long time. She gave me her number and told me to call when I wanted to do something. HA! Not even a week out of highschool and I'm already pickin up chicks almost done wit college. LOL workin' out is def. startin to pay off in that area too.

Quote of the Day- "The key to success, is doing common things, uncommonly well"

Great work man. Your dedication is paying off.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Thanks man. I can see the results so far, but more than anything else, I can feel the results. I feel a lot stronger than when I started.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Really, the reason I don't do deadlifts, is I'm more worried about not using the right form and screwin' something up. The entire time I've been going to the gym, I've never seen anybody deadlift, so there's really no one for me to ask about proper form. If you could hook me up with some pointers, or direct me somewhere that I could see good form, I'd try and incorporate them in, especially if you think I'd benefit from it.
    :withstupi

Although I did see someone doing sldls last week (no, not a trainer). been going to this gym for two months now and that was the first time I had seen someone do 'em.

When I do do 'em (and it's not if but when), it'll be with the bar and work my way up b/c after the heel injury, I'm not looking to get injured again for a long while to come.

Soba
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

I've done deadlifts in the past, so I pretty much knew how to do them, but was wary to try them again in case I had forgotten the form. I checked the other night and looked at some info. so I added them in the next day. Should be interesting.

Info for 5/25/04

Food:

Meal 2- Turkey Sandwich, Balance Bar, Choco Milk

Meal 3- Roasted Chicken Breast, Double Meat, Fat Free Chips

Meal 4- Chicken Strips, Mashed Potatos, Cajun Pintos

Meal 5- Cube Steak, Corn

Meal 6- Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Choco Milk

Totals-

Calories- 2965
    Protein- 203grams
    Carbs- 341grams
    Fat- 82grams

Totals today weren't that good, but they weren't that bad. I could have used a little more protein and a little less fat. My carb levels were good today. I got to thinking. I really have to try to eat a small amount of fat and it still ends up being like 80grams on avg. Back when I weighed the most, I bet I was eating a couple hundred fat grams every day. I'm surprised I didn't have a damn heart attack.

Went to the gym and ran. Ran 2 miles in like 17:55. Pretty slow pace, but I just wanted to get my heart rate up a little bit. I played some tennis tonight also. Tommorow I get to go lift. YESSSS!!!

Quote of the Day- "Adversity causes some people to break, and some people to break records."
    Last edited by Chubrock; 05-25-2004 at 10:08 PM.

Food:

Meal 1-Nitrean, Milk, Oatmeal

Meal 2- Balance Bar

Meal 3- Roasted Chicken Breast, Double Meat, OJ

Meal 4- Protein Plus Bar, Raisans

Meal 5- Buffalo Bites, Cajun Pintos, Mashed Potatos

Meal 6- Spicy Chik Sandwich

Meal 7- Grilled Chicken Sandwich, OJ

Totals-

Calories-2961
    Protein- 227grams
    Carbs- 354grams
    Fat- 64grams

AHHHHHHHHHHH YES!!!! That's what I'm talking about. Today's totals are as close to perfect as I can hope for. My protein was good, my carbs were great, and my fat levels were friggin' awesome. I'm completely happy with my diet today.

Workout- Full Body

Squats-
    165lbs x 10
    185lbs x 8
    220lbs x 6

Leg Curls-
    110lbs x 10
    120lbs x 8
    130lbs x 6

Dips-
    BW x 10
    BW + 10 x 8
    BW + 20 x 6

Dumbbell Rows-
    60lbs each hand x 10
    65lbs each hand x 8

Shrugs-
    70lbs each hand x 10
    75lbs each hand x 10 (+5lbs)

Lateral Raises-
    20lbs x 10
    20lbs x 8

Pull Ups-
    BW x 3
    BW x 4
    BW x 3
    BW x 4

Close Grip Bench-
    115lbs x 10
    125lbs x 8

No Deadlift today.

I went and practiced a little tennis before I lifted, so my muscles were already kinda fatigued. Workout still went good. I friggin couldn't quit swinging while doing my pull ups. I'm just gonna do deadlifts two days a week instead of every lifting day.

Tonight I played some more tennis.

Well, I'm going to have some surgery done on some of the loose skin I have. My dad said that there is this area around my abdomen that will not tighten up, so I'm going to have the skin taken off. I'm worried this is going to hurt my lifting though. Regardless of what the Doc says, I'm only going to take a week off before I get back to lifting. I can't let myself go for too long. If anybody could offer some suggestions of lifts I could do that don't really cause my stomach to stretch would be great.

Quote of the Day- "Blessed is the man who is too busy to worry in the daytime, and too sleepy to worry at night"

Nice job on the diet, nice sessions as well. I wouldn't deviate too much from Dr's orders though.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

hey bud whats Spicy Chik Sandwich? is it chicken? LoL I have no clue what that is. Anyways good with your surgery. I have the same problem as you with the lose skin.

Out.
    Last edited by beastin v6; 05-27-2004 at 05:48 AM.

HAHA yes, Spicy Chicken Sandwich. Thanks for the comments guys. I've talked to dad about what would happen if the stitches split, and all he said was that I might bleed a little bit. The biggest thing he's worried about is me getting an infection in the cut. As long as the cut doesn't keep opening up, and I can keep a good eye on it, I think I might be okay to lift a little bit. I just can't let myself fall behind.

Food:

Meal 2- Two Balance Bars, Raisans

Meal 3- Spicy Chicken Sandwich

Meal 4- Buffalo Bites, Cajun Pintos, Mashed Potatos

Meal 5- Grilled Chicken, Baked Beans, Small Piece of Cornbread

Meal 6- Turkey and Ham, Double Meat, Fat Free Chips, Orange Soda

Totals-

Calories- 3033
    Protein- 212grams
    Carbs- 354grams
    Fat- 69grams

Totals were once again good. Because I'm cutting grass this summer and doing a lot of work in town, I end up picking up something from town to eat. So far though, I've made everything work pretty dag on good though. I'm happy with my totals.

Ran two miles in 16:33 today. This was a substantial amount harder than the last run. I can def. tell that I've lost some endurance from soccer season. When I was running everyday, I should have been able to break 15min for two miles. I'll work my way back up though.

Tommorow could be the last scheduled lifting day I have for awhile. I think I'm going to have the surgery done tommorow night. If everything goes as planned, I'll let everybody know how it goes. Hopefully since I've been takin better care of myself lately, maybe I'll heal fairly quickly. If this appears to be the case, I'm going back to lifting as soon as possible.

Quote of the Day- "That's alright Lane, go home. Go back to the farm and sit in your rockin' chair knowin that you could have been the best damn bull rider, and for the rest of your life, you'll only have one thought in your mind, 'I'm a puss'"

Wow. That was fast. I wish you good luck with your surgery bro!! Speedy recovery.
    My journal

Thank ya JustinF. The surgery is scheduled for Sunday at 4:00pm eastern standard time. It's supposed to last about 2 hours or so. The doc said that the worst part will be the numbing medicine, but needles don't bother me so I should be alright. The doc also gave me some great news. She told me that I could keep lifting, as long as I don't do any lifts that cause a lot of strain on my midsection. No deadlifts or squats for awhile, but hey, at least I get to lift. Looks like I'll be becoming a curl/bench/leg extension jockey for the next few weeks. The surgery is only going to leave a thin smile shaped scar, so it should be pretty straight. I'm really looking forward to this. Ever since I was that damn fat ass I've had this section of skin, and its always worried the hell out of me. Now its going to be GONE! God I'm ready for this.

Info for 5/28/04

Food:

Meal 2- Chicken Taco, Gordita Crunch

Meal 3- Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Raisans

Meal 4- 2 Balance Bars, OJ

Meal 5- Turkey and Ham, Double Meat, Chips and Salsa

Meal 6- Buffalo Bites, Mashed Potatos

Totals-

Calories- 2878
    Protein- 201grams
    Carbs- 334grams
    Fat- 73grams

I thought I was going to have the surgery today, so I didn't eat anything after breakfast. After I got in town I found out I wasn't having it today, and I was way behind on meals, so I ended up hitting Taco Bell. I still made it work pretty well though. Overall the totals weren't too bad, but not as good as they have been.

Workout- Somewhat of Full Body

Dips-
    BW x 10
    BW + 10lbs x 8
    BW + 20lbs x 6

Dumbbell Rows-
    60lbs x 10
    65lbs x 8

Cable Crossovers-
    40lbs x 10
    50lbs x 10

T-Bar Rows-
    65lbs x 10
    75lbs x 8

Smith Machine Overhead Press-
    95lbs x 10
    115lbs x 8

Shrugs (Machine)-
    300lbs x 10
    300lbs x 10

Lateral Raises-
    20lbs x 10
    20lbs x 10

Shrugs (Machine)-
    300lbs x 10
    300lbs x 10

Pullup Pyramid-
    BW x 1
    BW x 2
    BW x 3
    BW x 4
    BW x 5
    BW x 4
    BW x 3
    BW x 2
    BW x 1

Upright Dips-
    BW x 9

I felt like absolute crap when I got to the gym. My allergies have been kickin my ass lately, and I had no energy what so ever. I was worried bout pinnin myself in the squat rack so I didn't even bother doing them. I was worried this would be my last workout so I tried to burn my upperbody out. By the end of the workout, I was pretty dag on burnt out. Not a bad workout, and I actually really enjoy doing the Pullup Pyramid.

Quote of the Day- "Many men, many many many men, wish death upon me"

Info. for 5/29/04

Today was my relaxed diet today. No totals as I don't really know the nutrition values for some things.

Meal 2- Chimichanga, Beans

Meal 3- Balance Bar, Nutri Grain Bar, OJ, Milk

Meal 4- Chicken Supremes, Mashed Potatos, Biscuit

Meal 5- Steak and Cheese Sub, Fat Free Chips

Ran today. Ran two miles in 17:40. Pretty slow pace but just wanted to get in there and get my heart rate up a little bit.

D-Day is tommorow. Surgery begins at 4:00. I'm nervous but ready as hell to get it done. I'll let everybody know how it goes.

Quote of the Day- "You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything"

Well surgery is over. It took about 2.5 hours to finish. I can honestly say thats the most pain I have ever felt in my life. My body resists the numbing medicine so for roughly half the surgery I was without anything. I am happy I had it done though. The skin and fat had really bothered me for a long time. The Doc said I can lift arms and stuff whenever, but she wants me to wait 2 weeks to start back on legs. She removed about 3 pounds of skin, and right now I have about 200 stitches in me. Whatever it takes though, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. So needless to say guys, I'm alive and kicking.

Quote of the Day: "All bleeding will stop eventually"
    Last edited by Chubrock; 05-30-2004 at 06:29 PM.

Recovery Day 1

While I'm in this first couple of weeks of recovery, I'm going to eat more at maintenance than at a bulk level. I'm just not going to be able to get the cardio done, to keep me comfortable about adding unwanted fat.

Food:

Meal 2- Two Balance Bars

Meal 3- Roasted Chicken Breast, Double Meat, OJ

Meal 4- Turkey and Ham, Double Meat

Meal 5- 2 Lean Beef Tacos, OJ

Totals-

Calories- 2550
    Protein- 166grams
    Carbs- 270grams
    Fat- 66grams

Totals not bad. The tacos brought my fat up a considerable amount, but I still ended on a fairly good total.

Well today, I have been more tight than sore. Not too much discomfort, but enough to remind me I just had surgery. Hopefully in the days to come, the discomfort will dwindle away to next to nothing. My dad thinks I'm going to have to wait for all the swelling to go down until I can squat again. This makes me mad, but I understand what he's saying. In two weeks, I'll be able to do some legs but no squats or deads.
    I think I'm going to try and lift some upper body tommorow. Not going to push it too much though.

Quote of the Day- "Damn son, it looks like a shark bit yo ass"- Dad

Recovery Day 2

Food:

Meal 2- Nutri Grain Bar

Meal 3- Chinese Food

Meal 4- Salmon, Lite Mac and Cheese, Corn

Meal 5- Grilled Chicken Sandwich, OJ, Nutri Grain Bar

Totals:

Calories- 2607
    Protein- 170grams
    Carbs- 255grams
    Fat- 63grams

Totals weren't too bad today. Totals could be slightly higher or lower though, as I had to kinda guess bout the Chinese Food. Overall fairly happy though.

Workout- Small Bis and Tris

Lower Half Partial Curls x 12
    Upper Half Partial Curls x 12
    Lower Half Partial Curls x 10
    Upper Half Partial Curls x 10
    Lower Half Partial Curls x 8
    Upper Half Partial Curls x 8

Tricep Kick Backs
    Each Arm- 3 sets x 12

Didn't do anything else. Was worried that I might push myself a little too hard too early.

Sore again today. The pain isn't that bad, my stomach is just really tight. Everything looks great though, and I'm really ready to see what the end product looks like.

Quote of the Day- "It ain't nuttin but a G-thang baby!"
    Last edited by Chubrock; 06-01-2004 at 08:50 PM.

Recovery Day 3

Food:

Meal 2- Nutri-Grain, Balance Bar

Meal 3- Spicy Chicken Sandwich

Meal 4- Grilled Chicken Tenders, Rice, Baked Beans

Meal 5- Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Meal 6- Nutri Grain Bar, Milk

Totals-

Calories- 2447
    Protein- 177grams
    Carbs- 311grams
    Fat- 54grams

Today's diet was pretty good. Fat levels were good and protein levels were pretty good. Overall pretty happy with everything.

Workout- Chest and Shoulders

Dips-
    BW x 10
    BW x 10
    BW x 10

Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Incline Press-
    1 set x 10
    1 set x 8
    1 set x 9

Hammer Strength Wide Grip-
    1 set x 10
    2 sets x 8

Front Raises-
    25lbs x 10
    25lbs x 10

Shrugs (Machine)-
    300lbs x 10
    300lbs x 10

Plate Raises-
    25lb plate x 10
    35lb plate x 10

Couldn't do benchpress or most of the workouts, because it caused me to stretch out too much. I had to find exercises that didn't stretch my mid section out. I'm ready to be able to do my new workout but right now this will have to do.

Generally just sore and stiff throughout my abdominal area. Swelling is still there, and it could take longer than a month to go away. Still optimistic about the end results.

Quote of the Day- "Running in circles, I can't forget how many times, I played this in my mind"
    Last edited by Chubrock; 06-02-2004 at 08:06 PM.

I'm going to be changing up my routine once I get healed up completely. I'm still going to keep the 3 days a week split, and it's still going to be a fullbody split too. What I'm going to change though, is that I'm going to alternate between Explosive Days and Raw Power Days. I want to try and work on making the power I develop functional so that's why I'm thinking I'll use this split. Check it out and let me know what ya think.

Explosive Day-

ATF Squat 1-2-1 Tempo
    Set x 10
    Set x 8
    Set x 6

Lunges
    Set x 10
    Set x 8
    Set x 6

Bench Press 1-2-1 Tempo
    Set x 10
    Set x 8

Weighted Pullups
    Pyramid 1-5-1

Dumbbell Shrugs 1-2-1 Tempo
    Set x 10
    Set x 10

Overhead Dumbbell Press 1-2-1 Tempo
    Set x 10
    Set x 8

Cable Curls 1-2-1 Tempo
    Set x 10
    Set x 8

Close Grip Bench 1-2-1 Tempo-
    Set x 10
    Set x 8

Raw Power Day-

Squats 2-2-2 Tempo
    Set x 10
    Set x 8
    Set x 6

Hamstring Curls 2-2-2 Tempo
    Set x 10
    Set x 8
    Set x 6

Negative Dips-
    BW x 10
    BW + Weight x 8

Negative Dip Partials-
    BW x 10
    BW + Weight x 8

Deadlifts-
    Set x 4
    Set x 3
    Set x 2

Pullups Partial Pyramid-
    1 to 5

Towel Pullups Partial Pyramid-
    1 to 5

Machine Shrugs w/ Static Hold-
    Set x 10
    Set x 10

Lateral Raises 2-2-2 Tempo
    Set x 10
    Set x 10

Curl Bar Curl Partials 2-2-2 Tempo-
    Lower Partial x 10
    Lower Partial x 10
    Upper Partial x 10
    Upper Partial x 10

Tricep Pushdowns-
    Set x 10
    Set x 8

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Hey Chubrock, how did your surgery go by the way? Are you happy with the results? I bet it'll look a lot better when the swelling goes down, was just wondering how it is now. As for the Fullbody split 3 times a week, how long are you planning on doing it? I think you would burn out on it after a month or so...maybe not though, depends on the person I guess. My buddy was squatting 2-3 times per week and had excellent strength gains but then after about 4 weeks he hit a wall.