Page 75 of 286 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 7138

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Where are the squats!?!?!?!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Holy- Nah no squats (see below).

Bri- Thanks man. The endorphines were friggin racin' through me. I had that "runners high."

Cp- HAHA see below big guy.

I've dropped the squats for just a bit. I'm not happy with my flexibility at all, and was getting to the point where it felt like a chore to squat again. I decided to get my quad work from somewhere else for the time being, until I can get my flexibility up to par. I really feel like it was starting to cause a bit of trouble with my ATG squats, as it was putting a lot of stress on my groin area. I also feel it hampers my deading, but that's for another day.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    You've caught up to me on lunges. Though if I push myself on a good day I'm sure I could get 10 reps with 60s
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Great cardio...like them lunges bro, fine leg effort - get those squats back in the mix or at least some leg presses, lol.

Mitch: HAHA yea you're DB Lunges are probably better than mine. Oh well lol. These bastards hurt my toes though. Do you ever get that problem?

Coke- Thanks man. I'll probably swap out the hack squats for some leg press while I'm working on my flexibility.

I understand about the squats, stretch every morning and over a couple of weeks your flexibility can increase greatly.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Ace leg session. Brian is right, that much cardio after a intense leg day is ****ing hardcore.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

No, that's the "gayest" problem I have ever heard.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Either way Andrew, you've come a long way. You and Mitch are in teh race!
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Yeah i've taken a break from regular squats as well. My lack of progress was just getting depressing so i'm mostly relying on front squats and lunges for now.

I may be planning a short trip to NC soon. You down for meeting up?
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Holy- Yea that's what I'm hopin for.

Chomer- Thanks man, it kicked my ass.

Mitch- *grumble grumble* 16yr old Canadian *******!!! HAHA

SW- BAH! Mitch isn't on my level yet lol.

Stack- Same here man.

Justin- Heck yea bro. I'll hit ya up on AIM.

Weekly Weigh In: 174lbs. Down .5lbs from last week.

Food:

Meal 1- Quart of Milk

Meal 2- 3 Turkey Sandwiches, Pickle, Glass of Milk

Meal 3- 3 Turkey Sandwiches, Pear, Glass of Milk, Glass of OJ

Meal 4- PB Sandwich, Glass of Milk

Workout: Shoulders, Arms and Abs

Overhead DB Press:

30s x 10
    40s x 5
    50s x 10
    65s x 4.5 (+.5 rep)

DB Lateral Raises:

20s x 10 (+2.5lbs)
    20s x 10

Cable Rear Lateral Raises:

20lbs x 10 (+5lbs)
    20lbs x 10

CGBP:

45lbs x 15
    95lbs x 10
    135lbs x 10
    160lbs x 9

Reverse Grip Pushdowns:

50lbs x 10
    100lbs x 10
    100lbs x 10

"21s":

45lbs x 2 sets

Rope Cable 1 Arm Curls: (right/left)

50lbs x 10/10
    50lbs x 10/8

Abs:

Weight Crunches- 2 sets
    Wood Choppers- 2 sets
    Ball Crunches- 2 sets

Workout was fairly decent. Not as happy with the overhead presses. I was hoping to get a lot more reps, but since I'm losing weight, I suppose my gains are going to slow down. CGBP was better form wise, though the numbers didn't go up. Gained on some exercises and not on others. Pretty happy, but not an ACE session.

Quote of the Day: "I've been sittin here, tryin to find myself...."

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Nice going today, those CGBP is getting up.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Good job on the CG. I have flexibility issues, so I stretch a lot before I squat. I spend 5-10 mins before I stretching before squats.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

nice workout chubs...cgbp looking good..

21's?? Nah, man. Go HEAVY on those bi's, just like everything else. Trust me you'll see more results.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Chomer- Thanks man.

Cp- Thanks. I need to start stretching A LOT.

Brian- Thanks bro. I think my triceps are starting to get fairly strong.

Guido- Yea I usually do "heavy" bicep lifts, but I just felt like switching it up for that workout. I get bored easily.

Food:

Meal 1- 3 Turkey Sandwiches, 2 Glasses of Milk

Meal 2- Nitrean, Glass of Milk

Meal 3-5- Coming up later.

Workout: Chest and Back

Benchpress:

45lbs x 15
    95lbs x 10
    135lbs x 10
    185lbs x 7 (+5lbs)
    135lbs x 10

Wide Grip Pause Chins:

BW x 8 (+1 rep)
    BW x 7 (+1 rep)
    BW x 5.5

Dips:

BW x 10
    BW + 15lbs x 10 (+5lbs)
    BW + 35lbs x 11 (+1.5 reps)

Yates Rows:

135lbs x 10
    195lbs x 10
    195lbs x 10

DB Shrugs:

95s x 10 (+5lbs)

Overall the workout went pretty good. Wasn't quite happy with my bench, as I was looking for 10 reps instead of the 7. Made gains on quite a few lifts though, which is always good. Def. got a good pump in the chest and lats today. No deads, as I just simply didn't feel up to it. Overall happy with the workout.

Lately I've been doing a lot of cardio. Playing a lot of full court basketball and doing some sprinting. Strength still increasing even though I'm in a calorie deficit.

Quote of the Day: "He whispers that he loves her, but shes's probably only interested in.....something more than he can give."

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Strength still increasing even though I'm in a calorie deficit.
    Always a good thing. Keep it up bro.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Pause chins? I'm struggling to get my fat @ss up to the bar and you're doing pause chins?! B@st@rd!

Nice work there. The rows are looking strong.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Nice couple of upper body workouts...always happy to see a bro move up in strength - doing good cardio as well.

What's up with the hypertrophy reps? You trying to play my game now?

You'll probably win

workouts and cardio looking good chub...cool that you are gaining strength even though you are in a calorie deficit

JustinF- Thanks man.

Brute- HAHA Thanks bro. I can remember when I couldn't even do one, let alone a pause chinup.

Coke- Thanks man. Yeah I'm doin a lot of cardio.

Mitch- HA yea, I'm playin your game now. Of course I'm going to win though man, but you did give me a scare there for awhile.

Brian- Thanks bro. I'm lucky that my strength is still climbing.

Food:

Meal 1- 3 Turkey Sandwiches, Pickles, 2 Glasses of Milk

Meal 2- Pizza, Quart of Milk

Cardio for today:

Shot some basketball for about 45 minutes
    Messed around in the pool for about 30 minutes
    45 minutes of biking (11 miles)
    Climbed up and down 65 flights of stairs

My last day at school is tomorrow, so me and some buddies got some pizzas and bull****ted around for awhile. I knew I was gonna eat some, so I didn't eat much today, and I've been doing a lot of cardio today as well. Plan on doing some more here shortly.

Quote of the Day: "Damn this pizza tastes good."
    Last edited by Chubrock; 04-26-2005 at 08:44 PM.

i fought bravely! i fought with heart! with anger! with vigilance! i fought! and still i fight!

feel the rhythm, feel the ride