The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 76 of 284 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 7093
    Pizza tastes teh great. Lucky bastage, I get off of school june 3rd. Our school is so stupid in ways I don't want to get into, but it's the last school in the state to let out. So yeah. Those wide grip pause chins sound brutal (for teh fatman )
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

James- HAHA, don't get the first quote, but the 2nd one is awesome. "Whatcha smokin man?....I'm not smokin, I'm breathin."

SW- LOL yea. My uni is pretty good about giving me 4 months summer vacation. The pause chins are actually pretty good.

Food:

Meal 1- 3 Turkey Sandwiches, Mixed Veggies, Baked Beans, Bread Pudding, 3 Glasses of Milk

Meal 2- Turkey Sandwich, Turkey, Large Glass of Milk

Meal 3- Turkey/Ham Sub on Wheat Bread

Meal 4- ??

Workout: Lower Body

Uni Lateral Leg Press:

2pps x 10
    3pps x 10
    4pps x 10
    5pps x 10
    6pps x 10

Seated Calve Raises:

90lbs x 10
    90lbs x 10
    175lbs x 10 (+5lbs)
    175lbs x 10 (+5lbs)

Leg Extensions:

200lbs x 10
    200lbs x 10

Lying Leg Curls:

110lbs x 10
    120lbs x 10

Seated Leg Curls:

110lbs x 10

Cardio:

20min biking (5 miles)
    1.5 mile run

Overall the workout was decent at best. I just haven't been in the mood to do legs lately. It's slowly becoming my least fav. group to work. As much as I'd like to become a curl jockey, I just can't let myself drop the lower body work, so I'll just suck it up and continue hittin it. Weights were decent, though nothing spectacular.

Would have done a good bit more cardio today, but I've got blisters on the bottoms of my feet that are starting to wear on me. Hopefully they'll feel a good bit better tomorrow, and I can put in some good time.

I'll also be moving furniture tomorrow, so I'll get a get workout with that.

Quote of the Day: "Come on boys, it's bobsledding time."

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Good effort on the legs. Same with me, I dread looking forward doing legs.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    So what are your diet plans now?
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Chomer- Thanks man. I hate em.

Mitch- HAHA Good question. Basically, I'm eating as clean as I can as often as I can, but I'm letting myself slack. I'm kinda going at it like all the ball players. I'm doing a lot of cardio and "extra" work, so I feel my diet can be off at times. I may be wrong, but I'm going to give it a go for awhile.

Food:

Meal 1- Nitrean, Glass of Milk

Meal 2- Chicken, Hamburger Steak, Corn, Black Eyed Peas, Green Beans, Rice

Meal 3- 2 Turkey Sandwiches, 1 Ham Sandwich, Apple Sauce, Nitrean, Glass of Milk

Cardio:
    30 minutes biking
    15 minutes Stair Climber
    15 minutes Elliptical (lvl 15)

*Maybe some walking at highest incline before bed.*

Helped my uncle move into his new house today. Had to move a bunch of stuff. Nothing really heavy though. He took me out to dinner at a country diner, so I ate with him. Felt guilty, so I came back and did an hour of cardio, and may do some more later tonight. Overall a good day.

Quote of the Day: "Those are songs about me....and who I am.."

thats a lot of turkey sammiches. Nice leg effort.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Are you cutting or bulking?

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Nice workouts man.
    That uni lateral leg press wouldn't be hammer strength would it? If so that is the biggest POS i have ever used. Words cannot describe how much i hate that ROMless piece of trash.

That is all.

I think I might know somebody in this thread who kinda likes turkey just a little bit....who could it be.....?
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Cp- HAHA yea, I like the turkey sandwiches.

Mitch- Not really either to tell you the truth. I suppose, technically because I've been losing weight the last several weeks, I'm on a cut, but I just go into each week looking to do a lot of cardio. If I lose weight fine, if I stay the same or gain, that's fine too.

Stack- HAHA Thanks man. Yea it's the HS POS. I usually sit myself really close to it, so I have a better range of motion.

Guido- LOL not me...

Weekly Weigh In: 173lbs. Down 1lbs from last week.

Food:

Meal 2- Mexican

Meal 3- Turkey Burger, Apple Sauce, Nitrean, Glass of Milk

Workout: Shoulders and Arms

HS Iso Lateral Overhead Press (each arm(:

45lbs x 10
    70lbs x 10
    80lbs x 10
    80lbs x 10

DB Lateral Raises:

20s x 12 (+2 reps)
    20s x 10
    20s x 10

CGBP:

45lbs x 15
    95lbs x 6
    135lbs x 6
    135lbs x 10

Reverse Grip Pull Downs 1 Arm:

40lbs x 10

DB Hammer Curls:

40s x 10
    40s x 10

Barbell Curls:

65lbs x 10

This workout is usually done in somewhere a little under an hour. I decided to get my heart rate up, and did the workout in less than 25 minutes. Some weights suffered, while others did not.

Today's Cardio:

30 minutes biking (10.5 miles)
    30 minutes Stair Climber Intervals (162 floors)
    3 mile run

Because I ate the Mexican, I decided to make sure I did a lot of cardio. Really poured it on today. The run was a bit tougher than usual, just because it was after all the other cardio. I was sweatin like a pig lol.

Quote of the Day: "Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money."

attention campers, lunch has been cancelled today due to a lack of hustle. deal with it

man that looks intense, nice stuff.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

The swift workout was sweet as is all of the cardio lately.

James- I'm feeling skinny Tony...

Cp- Thanks man, though I'm sure there are plenty of people around here that could run cirlces around me.

Coke- Thanks bro.

Food:

Meal 1- Banana, Nitrean, Glass of Milk

Meal 2- 12in Turkey Breast Sub

Meal 3- Apple, Natty PB

Meal 4- Chicken Strips, Potatos, Biscuit

Workout: Chest and Back

Benchpress:

45lbs x 15
    95lbs x 10
    135lbs x 10
    185lbs x 8 (+1 rep)
    135lbs x 10

Wide Grip Pause Pullups:

BW x 9 (+1 rep)
    BW x 7
    BW x 5

Dips:

BW x 10
    BW + 15lbs x 10
    BW + 45lbs x 10 (+10lbs)

Yates Rows:

195lbs x 10 Mixed Grip
    135lbs x 10 Overhand Grip
    135lbs x 10 Overhand Grip

Shrugs:

275lbs x 8 (+15lbs)

Cardio:

20 min Stair Climber Intervals
    1.5 mile run
    Various short and longer sprints

Overall the workout went quite well. Bench is still SLOWLY climbing. Dips felt awesome. Back work wasn't quite as strong as usual, but thats alright. Cardio was shorter today, just because I ate cleaner than I have the last several days. Gonna do a good bit of GPP work tomorrow. Overall happy with the workout.

Seems like many of my so called friends back home have been runnin' their mouth about me. Looks like my list of friends gets shorter as time goes on. Oh well.

Quote of the Day: "Uhhhhh man, I uhh don't think I said anything about ya."

I wannabebig!
    looking good chubs the bench is climbing

Simply remind them who is teh strong bastage . Seriously, your bench is looking nice as of late and the dips are getting pretty respectable.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

we'll just put edwin matthis on them. him and his father. looking good on the lifts. i smell new records.

-and now i eat success for breakfast, with skim milk.

Kick their asses you little pussy.

Oh, nice session and stuff too

...the bench is funny that way, but its all good. Forget any and all haters now that you've got it goin on bro.
    Last edited by Coke; 05-03-2005 at 07:22 AM.

Steven- Thanks man. It's slowly gettin there.

SW- Thanks man. I used to dip more, but after I hurt my chest, they went down quite a bit.

James- HAHAHA.

Mitch- HA, this little pussy is still stronger than you.

Coke- Thanks man.

Food:

Meal 2- Grilled Chicken, Salad, Fries....

Meal 3- Flounder, Grilled Chicken, Pasta, Baked Beans

Meal 4- Apple, Natty PB, Glass of Milk

No workout today.

Cardio:
    30 min biking (11 miles)
    Carried 50lbs feed bags back and forth for a bit

Didn't get to do as much GPP work as I wanted. I had a **** load of work to do for my parents, and it looks like tomorrow is going to be the same.

I'm going to start taking BJJ twice a week, and may start doing the strength and conditioning work along with them, which is Kettlebells. Should be some fun stuff either way.

Quote of the Day: "Buck the **** up bitch."

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Then smack the little gnat. That's what I do. (I love you, Crippy...really I do )

Hey man, those numbers are looking ace. And your diet is spot on. Stay motivated and don't get discouraged, Chubs. You're getting there.
    Last edited by Guido; 05-04-2005 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Spelling errors. I'm so anal. :)
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Still smaller too

damn squatmaster your bench is looking real good man. along with everything else big ups pimpin
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Guido- Haha thanks man. My diet could be cleaner at times, but with all the cardio, I feel that I'll be ok.

Mitch- Size doesn't matter.

Franco- Good to see ya around again man. Upper body strength is good, but it just feels that lowerbody strength has totally left me.

Food:

Meal 2- Chicken Breast w/ FF Cheese, Turkey Rice and Black Bean Mix, Turkey Sandwich, 2 Large Glasses of Milk

Meal 3- Glass of OJ, TBSP of Natty PB, Turkey

Meal 4- Whole Wheat Pancakes, Eggs, Glass of Milk, Glass of OJ

Meal 5- Strawberrys, Turkey Sandwich

Workout: Lowerbody

Leg Curls:

100lbs x 10
    120lbs x 10 (+10lbs)
    130lbs x 10 (+10lbs)

BB Lunges (Each Leg):

45lbs x 8
    95lbs x 8
    135lbs x 5 (+40lbs)

Deep Squats:

135lbs x 10

Seated Calf Raises:

90lbs x 10 Nice and Slow
    90lbs x 10 Nice and Slow
    180lbs x 10 (+5lbs)
    180lbs x 10 (+5lbs)

DB Curls:

40s x 10
    35s x 10 SLOW
    35s x 10 SLOW

Overall, I just didn't feel the workout. I was tired from cutting grass today. All the dust ****ed up my allergies and left me feeling drained. I had no motivation to be there and felt like **** the whole time. Didn't even do any cardio at the gym today. Just didn't feel like it. Overall it was just a workout, and nothing special.

Been working out here at the house quite a bit lately now that I'm back. Doing a lot of yard work, and will probably be tearing down a 2 story barn here shortly. Have my first class of BJJ tomorrow. Looking forward to learning somethin new.

Quote of the Day: "I like ya style.....I like ya moves."

i feel you on that man but at least your still gaining in most areas and all... keep your head up big guy you didnt get the name squatmaster for nothing ya know
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659