Page 8 of 285 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Surgery went pretty good Wibble. They didn't put me to sleep, and just used lidacaine to numb me up. Apparently my body rejects most of the lidacaine, because even though they used 6 bottles, I still spent half the surgery feeling everything they were doing. Wouldn't have been so bad, if I hadn't felt them melting my skin when they cauldorized some of the blood vessels. Overall though, I am extremely happy with the results so far. It's still swollen up pretty bad, but even with the swelling, it looks 500 times better than it did. I'm ready to see what it looks like when the swelling goes down.

With regards to the fullbody split. I had been doing one for bout 5-6 weeks before the surgery. I hadn't burned myself out on that one yet, so that's why I decided to stay with the fullbody thing. Add to that the fact that I'm reeaaallly ready to lift again, and I think I'll be alright with that split.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Well, I started looking at some pictures, and I now realize that I have been doing a Sumo Deadlift, instead of a convential deadlift. Oh well, I'll prob. continue with these but I might also throw in some convential once I heal up.

Recovery Day 4

Food:

Meal 1- Nitrean, Milk, Oatmeal

Meal 2- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar

Meal 3- Chips, Mexican Chicken Plate w/ rice and beans, didn't eat half the rice or beans

Meal 4- Buffalo Bites, Mashed Potatos

Meal 5- Eggs, Bacon, Milk

Totals-

Calories- 2032
    Protein- 160grams
    Carbs- 200grams
    Fat- 65grams

Totals were all low except for the fat, which was way to high. Started out the day on a good note, but after I finished work, mom wanted me to go eat with her so we went to the Mexican Rest. When I got home they had good this "breakfast" dinner. High in fat and low in calories. I'm not happy with any of my diet today but it's only one day out of many.

Still a little sore and tight today. Can move a little better than before but don't wanna push myself to early. Everythings progressing good though.

Quote of the Day- "Intensity + Smart Work= Perfection"

so hows your full body split work?

The old fullbody was 3 days a week, and looked liked this:

Squats- set x 10, set x 8, set x 6
    Leg Curls- set x 10, set x 8, set x 6
    Bench Press- set x 10, set x 8
    Dumbbell rows or pullups- set x 10, set x 8
    Shrugs- 2 sets x 10
    Overhead Press- set x 10, set x 8
    Cable Curls- set x 10, set x 8
    Close Grip Bench- set x 10, set x 8

Overall the workout was the same except for a few changes here and there. For the month and a half I was doing it, I made some really good gains. I'm happy with the setup and plan on using it again, but in more of a goal specific way.

thats cool but you know what would make it better imho. Change your ham curls to sldl's or even conv. deadlifts. Either one will slam you hams plus you could use the lower back work as you have none in that workout. Other then that i really like it tho. Looking good bro, what kinda goals you got?
    Last edited by BigNic; 06-03-2004 at 07:32 PM.

Pretty much the last week that I lifted I started doing deadlifts, but I didn't add them in to what I typed up because I haven't done them the majority of the time.

My goal right this second is to bulk to 175lbs. After that I plan on cutting to bout 170 and then going on another slow bulk up to 190lbs. Once I get that down, I going to cut until I am single digit bodyfat. That's pretty much my overall goals at this point.

nice

The funny thing is, the cutting is actually going to be easier for me than bulking is. My body was so used to eating next to nothing, that since I've started bulking, its been soo hard to get in my food. It seems like my life revolves around eating lol.

lol, i wish i was bulking

I wannabebig!
    bulking rules!

Eating rules too.

But I hear ya.

Hi Chub. Nice journal you got. (*adds it to the stack of journals*)

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Totals for 6/4/04

Recovery Day 5

Food:

Meal 2- Roasted Chicken Breast Double Meat

Meal 3- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar

Meal 4- Turkey and Ham Sub, Double Meat

Meal 5- Salmon Patties, Lite Mac and Cheese, Baked Beans

Totals:

Calories- 2564
    Protein- 174grams
    Carbs-297grams
    Fat- 58grams

Diet today was much much better. Happy with all of my totals today.

Workout- Back, Forearms, Calfs

Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Rows (weight each arm)-

70lbs x 10
    80lbs x 10
    90lbs x 10
    100lbs x 10
    110lbs x 8

These were done at a very slow pace. Form was dead on and I could really feel it in my back. This was the only back work I did, as it seemed everything else I did stretched me out way to much.

Barbell Wrist Curls-
    65lbs x 10
    85lbs x 10
    95lbs x 10

Seated Calf Raises-
    90lbs x 10
    90lbs x 10

This was all I did today. It's going to come down to me finding exercises that don't cause too much stress on my stomach. I really enjoyed the iso rows and actually felt like they did my back some good. I ran out of time on the calf raises and didn't do anymore.

Tonight I attended Relay for Life. Walked for a little while, chilled with some friends, and I got to meet Charlie Lowry. She's the really hot Indian chick from American Idol. She's staying with some friends of mine that she knows really well. I must say, she is even more beautiful in person, and a really nice person at that. I ended up talking to her brother for like an hour. Really good people all around. Pretty good night tonight.

Still a little sore and tight, but def. starting to feel better. My back is starting to hurt from staying hunched over some. Tonights walk really helped out a lot though.

Thanks for all the comments guys, but I'm still actually looking forward to the cut. Oh yea, Soba welcome to my journal man. Come back soon lol.

Quote of the Day-"I'd like to take a swing at that!"
    Last edited by Chubrock; 06-04-2004 at 10:58 PM.

mmmm.....Subway
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

[QUOTE=Chubrock]

Tonight I attended Relay for Life. Walked for a little while, chilled with some friends, and I got to meet Charlie Lowry. She's the really hot Indian chick from American Idol. She's staying with some friends of mine that she knows really well. I must say, she is even more beautiful in person, and a really nice person at that. I ended up talking to her brother for like an hour. Really good people all around. Pretty good night tonight.

but the important part is, Did you pork her?

Patty- What's up man? Been awhile since you been here. Yeah, I eat Subway ALOT. I'm able to make it all fit into my totals at the end of the day, so I guess there ain't to many problems with that. At least I'm not off eating McD's Quarter Pounders and all that as my bulking food.

BigNic- HAHA, trust me man I would if I could. At one point she was dating this guy I know who's straight crazy big, but anyway man nah I didn't hit it. Woulda been nice but didn't get to. Oh well, she was still quite nice to look at.

haha maybe some other time

HAHA yea I'll keep tellin myself that.

Hm, haven't been to a Subway in ages. Haven't been to a Quiznos ever.

I've been spoiled by real deli sammiches. heh. Maybe we should ask JeffWC to FedEx some.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Patty- What's up man? Been awhile since you been here. Yeah, I eat Subway ALOT. I'm able to make it all fit into my totals at the end of the day, so I guess there ain't to many problems with that. At least I'm not off eating McD's Quarter Pounders and all that as my bulking food.
    Yeah I've been eating subway a lot too lately. Chicken breast w/ double meat & random sauce.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Oh heck yeah Patty. The roasted chicken breast w/ double meat is GREAT! I eat that about everyday. I've also been eating the Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich from Wendy's a lot. It has like 360 calories, twenty some grams of protein, and only 7 grams of fat. I've actually found that you can eat out some and still eat pretty healthy.

Oh no. I ate Subway today.. and just ordered grilled chicken and threw away everything and just ate the chicken lol

Oh man beastin, ya missin the good stuff. Try the roasted chicken double meat, it really is some great stuff man. Oh yea, great avatar!

Recovery Day 6

Food:

Meal 2- Supremes, Fries, Tea

Meal 3- Chicken, Potato

Meal 4- Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Meal 5- Nutri Grain Bar, Balance Bar, Nitrean, Milk

Totals-

Calories- 2516
    Protein- 178grams
    Carbs- 249grams
    Fat- 75grams

Today was my scheduled "relaxed day." I've found that I don't really have a cheat day anymore per say. I start feeling guilty the minute I eat something that's really bad for me like the fries. I usually end up spending the rest of the cheat day trying to eat clean to make up for it. Oh well, at least its not something bad for me that I'm doing.

I'm starting to feel really good again. The soreness isn't that bad anymore, and the tightness is really starting to lessen. The swellings starting to come down a little bit, and everyday its starting to look better and better. I'm really happy with it.

Quote of the Day: "The way my days goin' I feel like diggin up BIG and Pac and sayin' **** them too"

Recovery Day 7

Food:

Meal 1- Nitrean, Oatmeal, Milk

Meal 2- Nutri Grain Bar

Meal 3- Cubed Steak, Rice

Meal 4- Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Meal 5- Roasted Chicken Breast, Double Meat, Fat Free Chips

Totals:

Calories- 2582
    Protein- 171grams
    Carbs- 294grams
    Fat- 69grams

Totals didn't look too bad today. I didn't realize that cubed steak had as much fat in it as it does. Glad I ate fairly cleanly the rest of the day. Pretty good totals though, not too bad.

Felt good today. Not much soreness anymore and the tightness is getting less and less. The swelling is still there, but Dad said it will be around for at least a month. I've def. healed up quicker than I thought I would. I'm going to hit the tennis courts tommorow and hit a little bit with my new racquet. I just picked up a Prince Tour Diablo MP. Awesome racquet.

Quote of the Day- "The difference between winners and losers is, losers go home, winners go home and **** the prom queen."