Page 85 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 7165

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Damn bro 4 hoursof BJJ you are nutz, but i guess we all are in some way...

nice session drew
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

ETS is amazing, innit?

That and a good night's sleep, of course.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Mase- Yea well I love the **** so it doesn't seem like much to me.

Soba- ETS is helping out soo much with my elbow pain. I can't say enough about it.

Had BJJ for about 3hrs tonight. Worked solely on take downs, and then did a little grappling with the instructor. Overall very happy with how my ground work is going.

Workout: BJJ Focus

Wide Grip Chins-
    BW x 5
    BW +5lbs x 5
    BW +10lbs x 5
    BW +15lbs x 5
    BW +25lbs x 5
    BW +30lbs x 5 *palms facing me*

Dips-

BW x 25
    BW x 19
    BW x 19

Pretty quick workout today, but got me a nice little pump hahaha. Decided to switch things up and go heavy on the chins and do some high rep dips. I had to stop after the dips because my elbow was hurting pretty bad. Overall pretty happy with the workout.

Short Term Goal- Dip BW +100lbs and Chin BW +45lbs x 5

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

damn dipping 100lbs is no joke bro, good luck big time..

i know what you mean if its something you love 3-4 hours is nothing..
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Quite the dedicated one - ...bet U are a prized student in that game. Sweet and swift work on the chins and dips.

Franco- Thanks man. I think I've got it in me by Christmas, as long as I don't hurt myself *knocks on wood*.

Coke- I guess I just show a little bit more desire to learn everything than most of the other students. I know he's stayed past several classes for 45minutes to show me some moves and transitions he doesn't show any other students. My ground game is really starting to come along.

Well.....weigh in sucked ass again this morning. I'm sitting at 164.4lbs which is down almost a half pound from last week. I feel like I'm wasting away hahaha. Oh well, I got my Cytogainer in today and I must say this **** tastes AWESOME!!! 5 grams of sugar, 3.5 grams of fat, 56 grams of protein and like 89 grams of carbs. If I can't gain with this ****, I'm just gonna start Maki's Seefood Diet haha.

Doing great with it all bud. I'm extremely jealous of all the time you get to spend on BJJ.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

cytogainer is great stuff, just a tad too pricy for my needed intake.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Brute- Yea I enjoy bjj almost more than anything I've ever done before. I love pushing myself, and I also like the fact that I can't rely on anybody but myself. I'm thinking very strongly about attempting to start seriously competing.

Cp- I found it for 26$ for a 6lb bucket. It comes out to be a lil over a dollar a day, which isn't bad to me at all. I love this stuff.

Like I mentioned in response to Brute, I'm thinking seriously about training for some competitions, either gi or no gi. I'd really like to compete in some MMA in the distant future, but I've got a lot to learn, both standup and from the ground.

thatsa a good price. I go through a 10lb tub of Nlarge about every 15 days, so Cytogainer is just a little too pricey for my needs.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Cp- Hahaha yea well I'm not quite the manimal you are yet.

Went and played an hour of basketball before we lifted. Got a good sweat goin.

Workout: Hip Power

Roll Over Step Set Up (Staggered Squat)-

LF Forward x 10
    RF Forward x 10
    LF +25lbs x 10
    RF +25lbs x 10
    LF +25lbs x 10
    RF +25lbs x 10

Deadlifts-

135lbs x 3
    135lbs x 3
    155lbs x 3
    185lbs x 1
    205lbs x 1
    225lbs x 1
    245lbs x 1
    265lbs x 1
    285lbs x 1 (+10lbs)

Speed Squats-

135lbs x 3
    135lbs x 3
    135lbs x 3
    135lbs x 3
    135lbs x 3

Overall this was a really good workout. I've decided to just start deadlifting from the ground and forget doing rack pulls. I feel my form is pretty decent though I'm sure I could tweak it here and there. The deadlifts went great, and I actually pulled 10lbs more than I have since I started lifting. The speed squats went pretty good, though I was shot by the time I got to them. Overall a very good workout.

Great job on the dead lifts.

hehe, combat sports are addictive aren't they? However serious you decide to get with it, make sure it still stays fun.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

You are likely to have the edge on your competitors with the endurance, 1 hour of basketball preceding the workout is super...them staggered squats are lookin ill bro.
    Last edited by Coke; 10-11-2005 at 06:31 AM.

Brute- Thanks. They are mighty addictive. I'll make sure to keep it fun. I've lucked out though and found a place where I've become good friends with the instructor and several people in the studio, so it's like training with friends all the time.

Coke- Thanks man. My cardio is pretty decent now, but some of my competitors have much better wind for grappling than I do. I thought I had great endurance until I rolled with some people. Grappling just seems to take an all new level of wind.

A note on the staggered squats-

I use the same stance we use for grappling. Basically it looks like a sprinters stance, one leg a decent bit in front of the others, toes pointed forward and feet about shoulder width apart. For the rollover step itself I would squat as close to the ground and possible, roll my foward knee over my forward ankle and explode with my back foot as I shoot in for the takedown. For this lift though, I use this stance and squat as far down as possible, which takes my hamstrings fairly close to my calf on my front foot. I'm not looking to ever go heavy with it, I just want to add some resistance so that I can become quicker at it in a live situation.

I like the workouts. I'm having trouble picturing your staggered squat though. I'll have to see if I can find it on google.

And you are damn right about endurance being different when grappling!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

HAHA yea Anthony, you go wide open for 15-20 minutes, and you suddenly realize exactly how much you need to work on your endurance.

I'll try and find a picture of it so you can see what I'm talking about.

Here ya go Anthony. Imagine taking this stance, and then lowering yourself as close to the ground as possible, so it looks like you're almost trying to put your ass on the ground. For the takedown, we'd go low and then explode and rollover that front foot.

For the lift I do, I take that stance in the picture, and as I begin the squat to the ground the back knee kicks out a little to the side allowing me to get real close to the ground.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chubrock; 10-11-2005 at 10:41 AM.

Well, I'm pretty sure I know what you mean by staggered squats (one foot in front of the other), but your description confused me at first. I think I have it under control now.

Sorry, posted before I saw your response ... makes sense now. Is your upper body in the same position as the pic or do you have it more upright?

I keep more upright. Keep my shoulders pulled back, keep my back straight and my ass down a bit more than the guy in the pic. I don't like leaning as far forward as the guy in the pic simply because I feel its a lot easier to be pummeled down and the guy take my back or guillotine me and fall back into his guard.

Didn't do anything before I went to the gym today. Got me some good sleep and pounded some food before it was time to go lift.

Workout: BJJ Focus

Wide Grip Chins-

BW x 5
    BW +5lbs x 5
    BW +10lbs x 5
    BW +15lbs x 5
    BW +25lbs x 5
    BW +30lbs x 4.5 (+5lbs)

Dips-

BW x 25
    BW x 20 (+1 rep)
    BW x 15
    BW x 10
    BW x 10
    BW x 10

1 Arm Seated Cable Rows-

45lbs x 5
    60lbs x 5
    75lbs x 5

Overall this workout went really good. I decided to switch back and forth between going heavy on chins and dips. My elbows just won't hold up to heavy dips twice a week on top of BJJ. Chins are ALWAYS palms facing away unless otherwise noted. Decided to do some high rep dips. Gotta a wicked pump haha. Could barely pick my arms up after the workout.

Had BJJ tonight for about 3hrs. Working solely this month on takedowns. Today focused mainly on the rollover step as well as some double leg takedowns and high crotch takedowns. I feel comfortable shooting in for the double leg, just because I feel like I've got decent explosive power, but the hand work on the high crotch throws me off when I try it full speed.

I also noticed tonight that my no gi offense is lacking, or I should say when I try to use all technique and no strength my offense is lacking. I've got pretty good defense, but when I try to use no muscle, I feel myself missing things. I usually can maintain a dominant position, my no gi sub work just isn't up to par.
    Last edited by Chubrock; 10-11-2005 at 09:58 PM.

Tremendous determination towards your work, love to see someone in serious business this way - ...superb focus toward mastering every aspect of the BJJ game, nice regular workout sessions as well.
    Last edited by Coke; 10-12-2005 at 11:19 AM.

Coke- Thanks bro. When I get into things I like to put a lot of focus into them. There's no point in spending time doing things if I'm not going to try to be the best. I suppose I should be happy with where I am at this point, seeing as how I've been taking BJJ for 5months and can tap or at least at a minimum hang with the guys that have been taking well over a year or two, but I'm just so naturally competitive, that any mistakes or missed opportunities tend to piss me off.

Shot a little basketball for 30min before lifting. Nothing strenuous, just something to get the blood flowing.

Workout: Hip Power

Staggered Squats-

LF x 10
    RF x 10
    LF +25lbs x 10
    RF +25lbs x 10

Speed Deads-

135lbs x 3
    135lbs x 3
    165lbs x 2 (+10lbs)
    165lbs x 2 (+10lbs)
    165lbs x 2 (+10lbs)
    165lbs x 2 (+10lbs)

Deep Squats-

135lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5
    185lbs x 3
    205lbs x 3
    225lbs x 3
    245lbs x 3 (+20lbs)
    255lbs x 4 (+30lbs and a rep)

Overall, this workout was freakin awesome. I felt like a bit of my older self. I found the groove in my squats and felt so strong. Been hitting some really good depth lately, and tonight especially. About stalled and dropped the last rep of the 255 but powered through it. I felt great today and the session was freakin GREAT. Very happy with tonight.

Great weight sessions. Sounds like the BJJ is coming along nicely too. All too soon you're going to be stronger than me and able to beat me up aren't you?
    My Journal