Page 91 of 286 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 7133

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Big propers for following through with an effort like this, most guys would do nothing for a while...relentless with it!!
    Last edited by Coke; 11-18-2005 at 06:07 AM.

Five Oh- HAHA yea yea yea. I had to do something as far as a workout. I hate just sitting around.

Coke- Thanks bro. I figure I don't have the patience to do nothing for a period of time.

Weekly Weigh In: 169.4lbs. Up .6lbs from last week. Very happy with this though I thought I had gained a bit more.

Weighed again tonight for ****s and giggles. I'm holding 9lbs of water weight right now hahaha. Thank God for weekends to pack myself full and Thanksgiving dinners to gorge myself on.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Sat in class 1.5hrs longer than I thought. By the time I got into the gym I was a bit tired and VERY hungry. Decided to skip the deads tonight.

Workout: Hip Power

Staggered Squats-

LF x 10
    RF x 10

Deep Squats-

135lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    165lbs x 3
    205lbs x 3 (+10lbs)
    205lbs x 3 (+10lbs)
    205lbs x 3 (+10lbs)
    205lbs x 3 (+10lbs)
    205lbs x 3 (+10lbs)

Hyper Extensions-

BW x 10
    BW x 10
    BW x 10

Overall not a bad session. Decided to skip deads as I was a bit short on time. The squats felt really good. I was tired and lost a bit of focus at times, and could feel myself slip out of the groove at the bottom of the lift, but overall everything felt nice and light. Had a bit of irritation in my left knee, but it's all good now. Overall fairly happy with tonight's effort.

How do you perform the one-arm db press?

I perform the 1 Arm DB Press just like I'd perform a regular DB Press, just lay on the bench and press. Only thing with the 1 Arm is that it takes a good bit of core stabilization and focus to keep the DB controlled.

I can never see you losing the groove with none of it...props for moving on through bro, the squats do look good.

Well ya gotta do what ya gotta do Drew.... Way to kick ass in class and still get in soem Squats...
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Yes yes, nice squatting. 8 sets of squats are awesome anytime.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Coke- Thanks man. I felt good, but the bar just seemed to move around a bit at times.

Five-Oh- Thanks bro.

Nick- Thanks man, though there were only 5 working sets. Other 3 were warmup.

Well, sprained my thumb again tonight at BJJ. Taped it up like the Ortho said, and that was what ****ed me up. Dad said I shouldn't have taped it because it doesn't allow the thumb to bend like it should. Remind me to thank the surgeon the next time I see him.

Workout: BJJ Focus

Weighted Chins-

BW x 5
    BW +5lbs x 5
    BW +10lbs x 5
    BW +25lbs x 5
    BW +45lbs x 3.75 (+5lbs)*

*Prob could count as a fourth. Chin didn't clean bar but arms were def. past 90 degrees. Got to like my nose or so.

Speed Bench-

45lbs x 10
    95lbs x 10
    135lbs x 5
    165lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    165lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    165lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    165lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    165lbs x 5 (+10lbs)

1 Arm Seated Cable Rows-

60lbs x 5
    75lbs x 5
    90lbs x 5
    105lbs x 5

Overall a VERY good day in the gym. Surprised myself a bit with the chins. The speed bench felt good though I felt the bar drifting on me a bit. Caused the reps to be a bit slower than I wanted. Overall got some good things done, and I'm happy.

BJJ-

Worked on some takedowns in the first class. Then grappled from standing. Got tossed one time and it was viscious. Awesome job by my buddy. Shot in and got a great fireman's carry one time. Pretty even all the other times. Then sprained my thumb again dammit. Oh well.

Damn you Andrew, you are doing great and here you have a thumb whos plotting against you.. You need to be a man and set taht little ****er straight and show him whos the boss..

Oh yeah thats one serious w/o brotha, Those chins are getting Sick
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Haha thanks bro. I'm tempted to just cut the mother ****er off. If it won't for the fact that I need it for pretty much everything in life, I probably would.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    I'm tempted to just cut the mother ****er off.
    No you don't want to do that, lol...but you are indeed the hardcore mf who would though. Good training in there with the takedowns and grappling, dude has got it coming in the months ahead, don't he bro? -

Who needs thumbs anyway? Sessions are looking good, chubsy. And yeah, count the chin as #4 ... nose to the bar is close enough. It's not like you're testing to enter the army ... just move the damn weight.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Coke- Thanks bro. I still plan on going to that tournament in January. I just hope that the sprained thumb doesn't set me back any.

Anthony- Thumbs? We don't need no stinkin thumbs! Ok poor excuse for humor. Haha yea I guess I'll count that one as 4. They felt good though. I was surprised.

Man that sucks about the thumb. I hurt mine 3 months ago AND my rotater cuff, and they both still piss me off half the time. Hope your thumb heals better than mine.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Wannabebig Member
    Dude, how did you sprain your thumb? That really sucks. hope it heals up well. And if you have to cut it off, you'll still have 4 more left... even then you'll still be twice as well off as Jean Jacques Machado, so it can't be that bad.. right? Fireman's Carrys are sweet, one of my favorite takedowns. I never see anybody use them though. Did you wrestle in highschool?

Nick- Thanks bro. It's already starting to feel a bit better.

Adam- Grappling with an already sprained thumb tends to screw things up a bit haha. Never wrestled in highschool. Wish my HS had had a team though. My BJJ class isn't really a traditional class. My instructor has trained so many different things (Judo, Wrestling, Sambo etc etc) that what we train is really the best things from each concentration all wrapped up into one. It really lets us step the game up.

This was yesterday's workout. Had some dinner to eat tonight so couldn't post it up until now.

Oly Low Box Squats-

45lbs x 10
    135lbs x 5
    165lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    165lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    165lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    165lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    165lbs x 5 (+10lbs)

Hyperextensions-

BW x 10
    BW x 10
    BW x 10

Seated Calf Raises-

90lbs x 10
    90lbs x 10
    140lbs x 5
    140lbs x 5
    140lbs x 5

Overall the workout was pretty good. I REALLY wanted to do some cleans but with the sprained thumb it was a no go. The Oly squats are still coming along. I figure I could probably get a good 10-20 more pounds per set without much trouble, but I want to keep gradually going up. Pretty happy with today's workout.

Session was pretty good indeed...instructor must be a real cool cat being so versatile and all, soak everything in bro.
    Last edited by Coke; 11-24-2005 at 06:09 AM.

Coke- Thanks man. Yea, he's a cool guy.

Weekly Weigh In- 172.8lbs. Up more than 3lbs from last week. Could be do a bit to all the food I've eaten so far, though I've tried to keep it in check.

Location- Hometown Gym

Workout- BJJ Focus

Chins:

BW x 14
    BW x 10
    BW x 10
    BW x 6.5

1 Arm DB Press:

40s x 10
    50s x 5
    60s x 5
    70s x 5
    75s x 5
    75s x 5

Weighted Crunches:

3 sets x 10

Overall the workout wasn't too bad. The chins went pretty good considering I'm about 4-5lbs heavier than the last time I did them. Still managed almost the exact same numbers. Wanted to do regular DB Press, but trying to hold the DB with my hand just aggravated the thumb a little bit too much. Opted to do the 1 Arm thing again.

What if you do bench press with a thumbless grip? Not something I'd make a habit of, but might help until your thumb is healed.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

I thought about it, but figured I'd probably be alright to bench next Tuesday, as my thumb was feeling pretty good today. I just found that when I layed back to use the DBs that when I was in a static position they seemed to roll towards my thumb and strain it a bit, so I figured I'd be safe and not risk anything.

You've got to be the only one doing the single arm db presses around here, at least I haven't seen'em...nice work.
    Last edited by Coke; 11-26-2005 at 07:27 AM.

Rollin' along with it despite the pain...that's my boy.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Coke- Thanks man. I like doin some different stuff from time to time.

Brute- DAMN BRO!!! How you been doin? Glad to see you back and around here.

Staggered Squats-

LF x 10
    RF x 10

Speed Deads-

135lbs x 3
    185lbs x 2
    215lbs x 2 (+10lbs)
    215lbs x 2 (+10lbs)
    215lbs x 2 (+10lbs)
    215lbs x 2 (+10lbs)
    215lbs x 2 (+10lbs)

Deep Squats-

135lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    185lbs x 3
    215lbs x 3 (+10lbs)
    215lbs x 3 (+10lbs)
    215lbs x 3 (+10lbs)
    215lbs x 3 (+10lbs)
    215lbs x 3 (+10lbs)

Weighted Crunches-

3 sets x 10

Overall this workout went really good. My workout partner says my back isn't rounding, so I'm going to take his work. Deads felt strong today. Squats were nice and deep. My left knee felt weak from time to time, but overall very good session. Very happy with everything.

Wow, nice squats and deads bro. What is the rest time between speed sets, 30 sec or so?

My Exploits