Page 93 of 286 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 7139

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    little man
    That's about the extent of what you have to offer! At least that's what I heard from five oh!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Nice. I'll have to try that next time I roll. Seems pretty straight forward. How tight is the choke, and also how easy to defend?

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    That's about the extent of what you have to offer! At least that's what I heard from five oh!

Hey now, it might be 2inches long but it's round like a tuna can haha.

I didn't play around with it enough to get into detail like that. It was just thrown in the mix during out triangles as an option if you couldn't secure your leg.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Hey now, it might be 2inches long but it's round like a tuna can haha.
    Ok................. wow
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Ok................. wow

Come on Mitch, you didn't know I was hung like a stud field mouse?

I was referring to the width.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Haha Mitch, don't act like you're not impressed.

Ok.......... wow.

Workout: Hip Power

Power Cleans-

45lbs x 5
    65lbs x 3
    85lbs x 3
    95lbs x 3
    115lbs x 1
    135lbs x 1
    145lbs x 1
    155lbs x 1 (+10lbs)

Oly Low Box Squats-

135lbs x 5
    175lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    175lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    175lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    175lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    175lbs x 5 (+10lbs)

Weighted Abs-

3 Sets x 10

Overall a pretty good workout. Can't wait to get some chalk for Christmas, as I feel the slick bar is holding me back. I'd really like to clean my bodyweight before the New Year, and I think I can get it. The low box Oly squats went pretty good as well. Overall I'm happy with today's workout.

Hey bud, good oly box squats, gettin' nice and deep. Overall solid session.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Thanks bro. I tried.

Nice work, twigsta. You don't have knurling on your bar?

So I realized why I have trouble applying a standard triangle choke. Without an opponent I place my right foot behind my left knee and there's just enough room for a grapefruit. Hahaha.

Thanks Midget. We do have knurling on the bar, but close to a 1,000 people pass through the gym everyday, many using those bars. They just tend to stay sweaty and slick as hell, and though I try to try my hands off all the time, it just seems really slick.

Hahaha, that ought to make the choke that much tighter bro. If you can get your legs into that position with somebody in the guard, you should have a VERY tight choke.

If I could get my legs into that position with someone in my guard, their head would literally pop off.

Haha the joys of having short stocky legs huh.

Considering the circumference of my quad is almost as much as my inseam .... yeah ....

Hahaha, oh well, the sacrifices we make to lift heavy weight (or in my case, light weight).

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    If I could get my legs into that position with someone in my guard, their head would literally pop off.
    hehe, they'd probably pass out before you even got it fully applied.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Workout: BJJ Focus

Yates Rows-

45lbs x 10
    95lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5

DB Press-

40s x 10
    50s x 10
    60s x 5
    85s x 5 (+5lbs)
    85s x 4 (+5lbs)
    85s x 5 (+5lbs)
    85s x 1- Weight slipped off my shoulder and it took all my energy to not drop it and then get it up. Didn't have anything left.
    60s x 5

Not a bad session overall. Very quick and to the point. DB Press kinda pissed me off. I could have done more on the rows as well, but I wanted to keep really strict form. Fairly happy overall.

BJJ-

Stayed for about 4hrs. Taught the kids class as always the first half. We worked on a couple of throws. Fairly good stuff. Adult class we worked on some more throws. None of which I could really get down this time. Oh well. I didn't like either one and don't plan on using either in competition. Got skyed a couple of times and hit pretty hard. Oh well. Rolled a bit at the end of class. Keylocked one of the guys and then got arm barred by one of the other guys as I upa'd. Didn't feel like my rolling was up to speed. Hopefully have a better class next Tuesday.

Where you at man. Hook me up with a free pass to your gym. Let's train and get into pro MMA. You join Pride and I'll join the UFC. Then one day we'll have a unification bout when we're both champs.

PS. You seem like you pay attention to strict form and gradually increase the weight, a good thing. I've gotten like that too. And I'm super tired, hence the nonsensical crap I just typed.

EDIT: And I just noticed the #s on your DB presses. Pretty impressive. How much do you barbell bench?
    Last edited by ufc2005; 12-01-2005 at 09:07 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Those DB presses are looking strong man! How long have you been instructing the kid's classes for?

DB Presses look good, twigsta. Do you eat between workouts?