Page 99 of 286 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 7137

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Nice work bro. But I hate you for not feeling like you were going to die.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

I agree with Anthony. You and I finished with a similar time (mine was 13:20) but I (a) did throw up everything in my stomach (primarily half-digested oatmeal) and (b) felt as though I was on the brink of the great unknown. However, I will do Fran again.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Nice work with Fran! My endurance sucks ass so i was about double your score haha. So which of the "girls" are you going to go after next?
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Munchkin- Yea yea, but I didn't put up all that great of a time. You smoked me. I think if I could get the Thrusters down a bit better, my times would get much much better.

MM- Haha it's all good man. I suppose all the grappling, soccer, and tennis I've done in the past really helps me out.

Eric- Thanks man. Good question. I'll have to look at the list and think about it.

Well I don't think I'll do any Crossfit today. I'm supposed to go play flag football for a couple of hours at 1 and then I've gotta make my way to BJJ from 5 to 9 or so. Should be a good day. If it rains, I might try the WOD on Crossfit, but I don't know quite yet.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Well I've got the proverbial Jiu Jitsu hangover. I feel like I've been hit by a ****ing mack truck. I suppose almost 3hrs of flag football and then 4hrs of Jiu Jitsu will do that to you though. Wanted to do yesterday's WOD, but I dunno if I can get my body to agree with me.

Recap of BJJ-

Kids class just started out with some Joint Mobility and then some shrimping stuff. Then we worked on two sweeps from an open guard, one wristlock from the guard, and one knee on belly transition. Drilled those for a bit, and also did a bit of takedowns.

Rolled a couple of times before the adults class. Tryed to work on my sweeps from half guard, but I was rolling with the best guy in the class besides my instructor, so he smoked me haha. Lost by kimura and choke. Felt comfortable in the half guard, I just have to make sure I get up under him and look for the Old School sweep. Worked for the next 2 consecutive hours on throws and sweeps. Lot of fireman carrys and outside singles. I got tossed so many times. Overall a very active class, and now I'm def feeling it.

+50 lbs for chins is still awesome Chub. Great lifts if you ask me.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Skip yesterday's WOD and do today's ... max effort deadlifts.

Seeing U evolve and develop your game is awesome plain and simple...roll with the punches to get to the next level.
    Last edited by Coke; 12-31-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Tim- Thanks man. I've just been stucked on it for awhile now and it is getting to me.

Anthony- You just wanted me to DL so you can laugh at my pathetically low numbers.

Coke- Thanks bro. I enjoy it a lot. My body just tends to take a beating because of it.

Weighing in at 174lbs. Upped my water intake a lot before hitting the gym, and tried a new pre workout meal of Nitrean and Milk, Whole Wheat Waffles and Honey. The combo seemed to work pretty good. I felt great in the weight room.

Workout: Dead Day

Deads-

135lbs x 3
    135lbs x 3
    185lbs x 2
    225lbs x 2
    275lbs x 2 (+20lbs)
    275lbs x 2 (+20lbs)
    275lbs x 2 (+20lbs)
    275lbs x 2 (+20lbs)
    275lbs x 2 (+20lbs)

Lying Leg Curls-

90lbs x 5
    120lbs x 5
    130lbs x 5
    140lbs x 5
    150lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    160lbs x 5 (+20lbs)

Weighted Abs-

4 sets x 5 reps

Overall the pulling felt great. I've got another vid I'm gonna upload sometime soon hopefully. I noticed I'm still rounding my back a bit, but I'm working to fix that. Really focused on pulling with speed a couple of times, and def. noticed the weight flew up. Very happy with today's workout.

Well I'm switching my split to what I think will help my BJJ out the most, and that is the most important thing at the moment. It's a Westside/5x5/Crossfit Hybrid and goes something like this:

Monday- Heavy Deads (Heavy deads one week, squats the next), Lying leg curls (SLDL on week of squats), Heavy Abs

Tuesday- Bench or Bench Variation, Weighted Chins, Another Lat Movement

Wed- Crossfit

Thurs- Crossfit

Friday/Sat/Sunday- Rest or something BJJ related

All rep ranges are variation on 5x5. Will rotate stagnant lifts on a weekly basis.

BJJ: Pays to be great friends with instructor.

Preparing for the tourney. Did some 6min straight grappling like tournament will be. Got some good footage of me that I'll try and get uploaded and sent out to whoever is interested. Overall good session.

you must be in some ridiculous ass shape bro, but dont worry I will be joining you soon as I am going way down in weight so I can start training more seriously in MMA..

Keep killing these w/os bro it is very inspirational, oh and nice rolling I seen one of the vids.. Now i know what im up against
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Wannabebig Member
    What kind of conditioning have you been doing? I know you've got a big tourney coming up. Is it just crossfit or anything additional. Also, a personal suggestion. Since you compete with the gi, I'd think some specific grip training might be useful. Just a thought.

Also, I'd like to see that vid of you rolling, do you have aim?

Sure are preparing very well for the showdown...it would be awesome to one day see you on TV kicking butt.

What date is the tournament? Good luck bro!

Franco- Thanks bro. That's awesome that you're gonna get into some MMA. You'll love this ****. It's addicting.

Adam- Yea I probably should be doing some grip work, but I'll wait until after the tourney to really start preparing hard for my jj game. Yea I've got AIM (see below).

Coke- Thanks bro. That would be freakin' awesome to be on TV competiting some day. I'd really like to compete in the ADCC sometime quite a ways in the future, but right now I still suck ass so I'm just trying to get **** together.

Midget- Thanks man. The tournament is Jan. 14th. Got 11 days to get everything ironed out.

My AIM is chubrockecu. If anybody want's a copy of some of the footage hit me up on that or send me your email address.

Played 2.5hrs of full court basketball, then lifted, then went to BJJ for 4hrs. I LOVE IT!!!!

Workout- Pause Bench Day

Location- Hometown Gym

**Bench supersetted with chins because I had only a little time to lift.**

Pause Bench (2 second pause)-

45lbs x 10
    95lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    155lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    155lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    155lbs x 5 (+10lbs)
    155lbs x 5 (+10lbs)

Weighted Chins-

BW x 5
    BW +25lbs x 5
    BW +25lbs x 5
    BW +25lbs x 5
    BW +25lbs x 5
    BW +25lbs x 5

BJJ:

Kids class consisted of some attacks from the guard. Basically a simple gi choke and then an arm triangle. Helped teach that. Because we are preparing the tournament, we went 3 full out matches of 6 minutes (tournament length is 5min) and rested 6min in between. This is what Steve Maxwell suggested we do. My instructor knows him pretty well and is pretty good friends with him. I grappled with the 2nd best guy there. It was really good. Of course I played defense the whole time, but the matches were very good. Very fast paced. We then worked on some technique. Just step by step, slow stuff. Just making sure we have everything right in our minds. Today was a very good class. I did cramp the entire time. My feet cramped repeatedly as well as my hamstrings and quads. Really pissed me off.

Ma boy's learnin' how to deadlift.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Holy **** you do some physical activity man! I feel unfit after reading that.

Damn you must have good conditioning. Drink more water, biatch!

Nice work bro. I agree with short stock, your conditioning must be pretty great.

I like the new split a lot as well. Good luck with it.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Paying the cost to be boss in a ridiculous way now, lol...none of your comp will be nearly as physically fit as you.

Nick- Haha you know it bro.

Risk- LOL guess I just love pushing myself.

Ant- Yea I'm pretty sure that was what was wrong.

Eric- Thanks man.

Coke- I hope that's the case. This first tournament is nothing but a way to gauge what I need to do in the future, and that's how I'm going to approach it, no pressure on myself at all.

Minor tendonitis is starting to flare up in my left elbow, so I took the day off, and plan on doing a BJJ Modified WOD tomorrow. The workout will look like this:

3 rotations of-

1/3 mile run
    50 staggered squats (25 each leg)
    50 upa bridges (25 each direction)

I'd really like to break 12 minutes. I figure each 1/3 of a mile will be a sprint, so I might be able to break a 6min total time for the mile, and then use the other 6 minutes for the squats and upa bridges. Should be interesting.

damn drew you have got to be feeling great bro, But some advice if your cramping that bad it may not all be just cause of water you may be in a bit of a calcium deficit I mean with all this physical activity your sweating out a lot of minerals and one of the most common cause of cramps is calcium defiency..

Keep up the great work bro
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

No worries!

*Pushes chubs down a flight of stairs*

Some glucosamine/chondroitin may serve you well if the plight is more on the cartilage end, it worked for me a while back for my left elbow. The rotation works looks very unorthodox but we all know your agenda, lol - great job.
    Last edited by Coke; 01-05-2006 at 08:57 AM.