we eat a lot of eggs in my house. between my wife and I, we usually account for a dozen eggs in 2 days without even trying hard (3 whole eggs x 2 people = typical brekkie)
One of the challenges is keeping the eggs interesting so I've been experimenting with different ways of cooking 'em. We poach, we scramble, we omelette... all kinds of stuff.
Which has resulted in the Quebec Omelette. Why Quebec? Why because you separate the eggs, of course! That will only be funny to Canadians, and only moderately funny at that, but I am my own best audience when it comes to humour so too bad.
Quebec Omelette (serves one... double recipe for two people... more than a double recipe will need to be done in batches unless you have a REALLY big pan)
1/4 cup finely grated cheddar or other orangey cheese
1/4 cup finely grated pale white cheese of some sort (swiss/provolone/havarti/etc.)
1 tbsp salted butter
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/4 cup finely diced red or green pepper
sea salt to taste
fresh ground black pepper to taste
sprig of fresh parsley (for garnish)
1) Preheat your nonstick teflon omelette pan on medium heat. I am a big fan of the T-Fal Provence Fry Pan with the red 'Thermospot' heat indicator that tells you when the pan is properly warmed up.
2) While pan is preheating, separate the eggs, putting the yolks in one small mixing bowl and the whites in another.
3) melt the 1tbsp of butter in the microwave or however else you like and add it to the yolks. Also add the diced pepper, the ground pepper, and your orange cheese to the yolks. Mix thoroughly.
4) with a fork or whisk, whip the egg whites until frothy and bubbly. This will increase its volume. Add the white cheese, diced onion, and salt to the whites.
5) The pan should be hot enough now, so pour in the egg white mixture, covering the whole pan. Immediately after this, carefully pour in the yolk mixture... you can just drizzle it around randomly or you can use it to create a design if you're feeling Martha Stewarty.... I usually just drizzle it back and forth across the surface of the whites mixture. If you do it right, you will have a clear separation of white and yolk colours and flavours.
6) Cook as you would an omelette... give it long enough on the first side to firm up so you can flip it, and then if you have a good teflon pan you can get it flipped over without breaking or even needing a spatula!
7) Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy the subtle differences in each bite as you eat the omelette...
Must try this soon, thanks for the recipe I'm a big egg eater myself hehe.
Nice, I'll be sure to have the wife cook this up for me.
Maki Fit Blog
At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
My articles on Wannabebig
"Soli Deo Gloria"
"Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21
"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
The Art of Judo
sounds good...although i don't get the joke as u told us we wouldn't....but i may have to try this soon...eggs are king...
"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
"No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
"Reach for some self discipline."-Holto
Sounds pretty good... I wish I got the joke
sounds good cal
You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro
Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro
You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan
Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight
What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield
You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash
Yeah sounds good, must give it a try...my omeletes usualy taste terrible.
I'm trying this when I get home from school
Mmmmmm sooo goood.
dude this joke seriously go over Americans heads? That's said.
French Quebec.... no one? Wow.
Good joke and looks to be an even better omelette.
How about tossing some turkey bacon in there as well?
Here we go again!
"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19