Thread: Opticen or Nitrean... also timing?

Opticen or Nitrean... also timing?

I've heard it's easier for beginners to gain muscle mass while still losing fat. Since the beginning of the year, I've gotten a lot stronger, but I'm not putting on much mass. I'm still trying to lose about 10 pounds of stubborn fat, and I figured a high protien diet will help my muscles grow while I'm still burning fat.

Should I get some Opticen or Nitrean? From reading the descriptions, one's a supplement and the other a meal replacement. I've read a lot of good things here about both, but that just makes it harder to decide which is best for me.

I lift on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and I'm about to start HIITS on my off days. Which product is the best to get, and when is the best time to take it?
    "To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."
    - Timothy Ferriss

"Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of mediocrity."
    - Colin Powell

For you, as you want to use a high protein diet, then Nitrean is the way to go. Nitrean is only protein while Opticen has both protein and carbs (and other things).

Timing is not that important, really. Assuming you are eating at least 4 meals per day, then I would not worry too much about the timing of my protein shakes. The idea of their ingestion is more total protein in the diet. I would, however, suggest that you do drink a shake prior to going to bed. Otherwise, just fit one or 2 other shakes in sometime during the day.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

thanks. so what kind of goals would Opticen be for?
    - Timothy Ferriss

- Colin Powell

Opticen is best used for those trying to gain lean mass. Nitrean can serve the same function, but it doesn't have the vitamins, minerals, and carbs that are present in Opticen. As the name implies, Opitcen is a meal replacement.

Opticen can be used for dieting as well as it has very little fat. You mentioned you are on a high protein diet. High protein diets are also usually low carb diets, thus Opticen would not be the best fit (Nitrean is better).

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

well, if I eat 4-5 meals a day, one meal could be Opticen, and I could still drink Nitrean also, right? Or is that too much protien not stretched out?

To give you some background, I eat turkey sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, etc. I'm trying to cut a bit of bread out my diet, since it's so high on carbs. Is a serving of Opticen as filling as a sandwich for example?
    - Timothy Ferriss

- Colin Powell

Opticen filling? Depends on how you make it; ie, use crushed ice instead of water and it makes a nice thick shake. You can check the Recipe Forum for shake ideas. The recipes I've read sound pretty tasty. Before the upgrades, I believe there was a thread in this section with recipe ideas using Nitrean or Opticen but it got lost in the transition. Perhaps its time for a thread revival?
    A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

res firma mitescere nescit