Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Is butter (margarine?) a bad thing to eat when you are trying to get tone?

  1. #1
    Wannabebig Member Chad22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32

    Is butter (margarine?) a bad thing to eat when you are trying to get tone?

    I eat a lot of chicken breasts and my favorite thing to eat with them is a baked potato. I have to add 2 tbsp of country crock or I just cant eat it. Is there a better alternative or is that it?

    btw I dont know if it is butter or margarine or what. It is country crock spreadable goodness.

  2. #2
    Wannabe Rick James Genacide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,591
    I've heard that margarine left outside won't be touched by ants, but they will et butter right up... Mother nature and animals have a way of telling us something. tuttut

  3. #3
    Wannabebig Member Chad22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32
    man I hate to hear that because I love potatoes and cant stand the though of eating them with just salt.

    Is there any down side to butter / maragarine besides the added calories and fat in a diet? I have been eating it but I have also been able to maintain a healthy balance of fats, proteins, etc and keep my calories where I want them.

  4. #4
    zen idiot Scott S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,205
    Stay away from margarine; it's just bad news.

    On the plus side, butter will help lower the (high) GI of a baked potato, if you care about such things.

  5. #5
    Grasshoppa
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cerritos, CA
    Posts
    1,670
    In any event, it will come down to overall calorie consumption.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

  6. #6
    Banned Allyrulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    586
    Maybe use olive-margarine spread and use that to fill your quota of EFAs and monounsaturated fats etc?? I dont know.. Olivio spread is really nice thou

  7. #7
    Banned ogarchamplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa
    Posts
    1,887
    You can use light butter or i beleive there is abutter than is blended with yogurt. I cant recall the name of it right know for the life of me

  8. #8
    Senior Member TheGimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyrulez
    Maybe use olive-margarine spread and use that to fill your quota of EFAs and monounsaturated fats etc??
    Olive oil is a very poor source of EFAs.

    Having said that I would choose olive oil over either butter or margarine because of its great monounsaturated fat content. Drizzle that over your potatoes.

  9. #9
    Senior Member xxr79xx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sterling Va
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad22
    man I hate to hear that because I love potatoes and cant stand the though of eating them with just salt.

    Is there any down side to butter / maragarine besides the added calories and fat in a diet? I have been eating it but I have also been able to maintain a healthy balance of fats, proteins, etc and keep my calories where I want them.
    maybe you should start knitting? lol sorry j/k bite the bullet and just give it your best shot.
    Being small with Neuromuscular strength is good but being BIG with Neuromuscular strength is better!

  10. #10
    Banned ogarchamplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by ogarchamplin
    You can use light butter or i beleive there is abutter than is blended with yogurt. I cant recall the name of it right know for the life of me
    http://www.brummelandbrown.com/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •