The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Thermocin!!!!

Dan and I have finalized the new formula and we should have the product to market within a month.

We placed a great deal of thought and research into this new formulation. We wanted to make sure we had a product that is as good or better than the original. Accordingly, we rehashed what made the original so good. When we designed the original, we did so realizing that ephedra might be banned at any time, thus we wanted to make sure the formulation really didn't rely on ephedra or its alkaloids. The original formulation contained less than 2mg of ephedrine per serving. This is obviously not a sufficient dose to have an ergogenic effect. In our research, we found that synephrine was a solid replacement for ephedra in the ECA stack. This resulted in our unique SCA stack (synephrine, caffeine, and aspirin). The SCA stack was the backbone of the original Thermocin's effectiveness. It was also the reason that people received the positive benefits of fat loss and extra energy without the concurrent jitters they would feel when taking ephedra based products. It was a smoother blend. Of course, there were other ingredients like HCA which complemented the stack.

So, as you can see, removing the ephedrine (less than 2mg per serving) really would not reduce the effectiveness of Thermocin, but that wasn't enough for us. We didn't want to just stand pat, we wanted more... So, we replaced the removed ephedrine with synephrine and looked for any other ingredients which might make our product better. After a great deal of research, we decided the only truly solid fat loss ingredient we were missing was EGCG, or green tea extract. Gree tea has been proven in numerous studies to have thermogenic properties, increase fat oxidation, or both (to a degree greater than the caffeine content alone could explain). We decided to include it anD make a great product even better.

If you liked the old Thermocin, then you will LOVE the new Thermocin. If you never tried Thermocin and you want the best fat burner on the market, buy the new product when it becomes available.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Ok Chris, is that a 29, 30, or 31-day month? My Thermocin is getting low and I'm looking forward to trying the new one. I have had very good results without side-effects while on the old formula.

Well, we cannot say for sure, it depends on the suppliers. I think a month or less is a reasonable guess.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    Well, we cannot say for sure, it depends on the suppliers. I think a month or less is a reasonable guess.
    I know, I was just messing around. I'm just anxious to try the new stuff out.

Rofl. Same here.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

Very much looking forward to the new formulation. I wish I'd have known you guys were going to have a new thermocin so soon. I bought some vasopro. DOH!
    Last edited by DoUgL@S; 03-31-2004 at 05:43 PM. Reason: can't spell

We've released more information on our new formula here
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Wannabebig Member
    Can I get some more information about the new Thermocin? If I understand what it is, is it synephrine, caffeine, aspirin, and green tea extract?

Can you tell me what quanities of each are in each serving? I wanna start getting myself ready for the new thermocin!

-vasu

3 capsules= 1 serving

maximum of 6 capsules in 1 day

per serving:

12mg of synephrine
    215mg of caffeine
    750mg of green tea extract (90mg EGCG)
    15mg of salicin

plus HCA and DMAE

The old thermocin had a 1 month supply (120 capsules) is it a safe assumption that the new one will also have a 1 month supply (180 capsules)?

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks Chris, i'm excited for this product. Is it still okay to drink caffeine containing drinks and green teawhile on this? I usually drink a couple diet cokes and coffee during the day, so i'll be around 600mg of caffeine in a day with thermocin included. And with green tea, I drink decaf green tea that has a lot of egcg in it as well, so instead of getting 180mg of egcg a day from thermocin, i'll probably get closer to 600mg of egcg (estimated). Do i need to worry about my heart exploding with this?

Also, what's salicin, is this a form of aspirin, or is it something else? If not, where'd the aspirin go? Also, I've read that closer to 50mg of synephrine a day is good for weight loss ... is this just overkill, or is less needed when stacked?

Lastly, how much HCA and DMAE are there? I take about 250-450mg of DMAE in bitarate form (from gnc), for helping my mind perk up in the morning and get me through classes. But I've only read of it being a brain stimulant, never for weight loss, that's really interesting.

-vasu

3 capsules= 1 serving

maximum of 6 capsules in 1 day

per serving:

12mg of synephrine
    215mg of caffeine
    750mg of green tea extract (90mg EGCG)
    15mg of salicin

plus HCA and DMAE
    Last edited by vasu; 04-20-2004 at 05:37 PM.

So many questions...

Ok, the idea behind DMAE is not that it will cause a loss of fat in and of itself, the idea is that it helps to control food cravings.

There are 50mg of HCA per serving.

I think 600mg of caffeine a day is too much. I would not recommend you consume that much.

With regards to the synephrine, our research (and empirical evidence from our users) shows that 12 mg per serving is an ample amount to do the fat loss trick.

Now, as to the EGCG, if I recall correctly, 270 mg per day of EGCG should be fine. I am not aware of increased doses having any greater positive benefit, nor am I aware if higher doses may somehow be detrimental to health. Again, I always like to err on the side of caution. I think if you take our product that you should not take any extra green tea extract.
    Last edited by chris mason; 04-20-2004 at 06:09 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for the info chris, I guess i'll cut back to caffeiene free diet drinks. But what about coffee? An 8 ounce cup of brew has around 130mg of caffeine, and my mug is 14 ounces, that's 227mg! Thermocinx6 will have 415mg right? Will the termocin still be effective if I'm taking less of it? I mean, I wanna burn fat and all, but no coffee and tea is sad

That's really interesting about DMAE and cravings, i was wondering where my cravings went. How low should I try to keep my caffeine intake to? I know there's no rda for that... i'm 210 pounds if that makes any difference.

also would there be any benefit to adding aspirin to this?

-vasu

Quote Originally Posted by vasu
    Thanks for the info chris, I guess i'll cut back to caffeiene free diet drinks. But what about coffee? An 8 ounce cup of brew has around 130mg of caffeine, and my mug is 14 ounces, that's 227mg! Thermocinx6 will have 415mg right? Will the termocin still be effective if I'm taking less of it? I mean, I wanna burn fat and all, but no coffee and tea is sad

That's really interesting about DMAE and cravings, i was wondering where my cravings went. How low should I try to keep my caffeine intake to? I know there's no rda for that... i'm 210 pounds if that makes any difference.

-vasu
    Do you drink coffee and tea just for the caffeine, or for the taste? With the caffeine in Thermocin I wouldn't think you would need anymore to help keep you awake. If its just for taste, why not switch to decaff??

Wannabebig Member
    for taste ... decaf coffee sucks. it is possible to get a top quality decaf (to make decaf you have to use *the* best beans available), but hard to find since post people want decaf to cost the same as normal coffee, so a lot of producers either make crappy decaf made from cheap beans, or retailers don't carry the good stuff since fewer people buy it.

-vasu

Excess of anything is bad. I really would recommend you go with caffeine free beverages when using the product.

Quote Originally Posted by vasu

-vasu
    No, salicin is a natural form of aspirin.

i just read the article about the new thermocin coming in may, and chris, just thought i'd let u kno i think there is a typo. it was written that there used to be 2g of ephedrine in the old thermocin, i think its supposed to be 2mg. just thought i'd let u kno, and i can't wait to see how that new thermocin works btw.

Quote Originally Posted by blkwrx02
    i just read the article about the new thermocin coming in may, and chris, just thought i'd let u kno i think there is a typo. it was written that there used to be 2g of ephedrine in the old thermocin, i think its supposed to be 2mg. just thought i'd let u kno, and i can't wait to see how that new thermocin works btw.

Lol, you are right! Good catch! If we had 2g in the old product I think we would have killed off most of our customers! It should read 2mg. I will have Dan fix that ASAP.

Thanks again!

fixed
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Anyone have any idea if the stuff is coming out next week or anything? I wanna start a MASSIVE bulk, so I wanna cutt o like approx. 10% bf

We are looking at a week or two, tops!

Wannabebig Member

sorry, classes are over and i'm bored

Wannabebig Member
    You said 2 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago, lol.

I'm in need of protein and creatine, but i'm waiting for the fat burner to come out so i can buy it all at once. I'm allready cutting right now, but i'm sure the fat burner would help that. What's the word?

Good news, it is being shipped to our warehouse as we speak and we should have it in stock on either Monday or Tuesday.