Thread: Cardio Post Workout

Wannabebig Member

Cardio Post Workout

I've decided to start doing some more cardio then what I usually do on my off days and I have some questions whether post workout cardio would have any negative effects.

Typically, I'm used to having a shake and eating a meal post workout, say within 30 mins. If I add in about 15-20 mins of light intensity cardio after my workouts, I'm afraid I will be losing that small window of time to replenish my body with the essential nutrition that it needs for optimal for muslce growth. I've thought about mixing a shake while at the gym, but it's not too appealing. Would it be ok to do cardio post workout and have a shake/meal afterwards?

I wannabebig!
    yes it would be ok.

15-20 mins of cardio after lifting is totally fine. Just drink your shake after the cardio.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

umm i was reading AST MAX OT program and they suggest no doing cardio before or after ur work out becuase ur body cannot support both anerobic and aeorbic at the same time. it says to have at least 5 hours between them
    Bench 235 6 reps squats 415 8 reps barbell curls 120 rep 6 shoulder press 150lb 6
    shoulder press barbell 150 rep 6
    CUTTING stage 1 week
    before BW: 187 current BW:184
    before BF:20 current:20

MY PICS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../angelito2.jpg

Wannabebig Member
    So 2 yes and 1 no? What is it?