Thread: Routine WBB1. My Journal.

Wannabebig Member

Routine WBB1. My Journal.

Are we allowed to have journals?

Well, I want to give you an idea of where I'm at right now. When I was 16, I noticed myself gaining weight very fast, so I started to workout, I went from 240 pounds, to 180 pounds in around a year to a year and a quarter, then I started putting on a little bit of muscle. I was sitting at 17% bodyfat, and had 153 pounds of lean body mass. Then I started drinking, doing drugs and smoking.

Now, almost two years later, I am 20. I am 200 pounds give or take, I stand the same height at 6'1. I have quit smoking, I have quit the drugs for a while now, and I cannot think of the last time I went out of control with the alcohol.

I won't likely smoke ever again and the drugs are out of the question. The alcohol will always be with me but it is in very occassional amounts now, like once or twice a month usually no more.

I have literally just started working out again but I have one problem. I did a 12.0 kilometre walk a month ago, and my knee took some damage to itself. The doctor says theres nothing wrong with it so I am going to go again to a different doctor soon because I can feel a bone behind my knee moving when I walk, and that is going to be a major bitch for leg workouts. I have sprained both wrists twice due to sloppiness while playing basketball in High School so anything involving the arms swells up my wrists making me take around 15 minutes worth of breaks, until I get movement back in my wrists.

Anyways, the injuries will slow me down but they sure as hell won't stop me.

I am going to start out with the WBB workout plan number 1. I like it, it works for me. When it stops working for me I'll move on. Today was day 1.

Day 1 : Chest and Back

Chest :

Flat Barbell Bench Press :

7 reps of 145, I noticed I was making it way too hard for my wrists so for the second one went,

6 reps of 135 and the proves I was pushing too hard.

Low Incline Dumbbell Press :

2 sets of 40 pounds in each hand of 8 repetitions.

Dips :

I cannot do dips unless I put my two benches together and put my feet up on one, weights in between my legs, arms on the other bench then dipping.

6 reps of 60 pounds in my lap

4 reps of 60 pounds in my lap, failure, I know, pathetic, very pathetic, but thats why God made guns, for people like me lmao.
    Back :

Chin ups :

It said to do 2 sets of 6-8 chin ups, I just did 18 and that was failure, I figured it amounted to the same. Was I right? If I was wrong then tell me and I'll go do 18 more lmao.

Deadlifts :

2 sets of 8 reps of 150 pounds. I like these but I need to improve my technique.

Barbell Rows :

2 sets of 25 pounds in each hand of 8 repetitions.

Shrugs :

1 set of 40 pounds in each hand of 10 shrugs.

Now here is my main question. This workout was not fully to failure. I failed on some things but not even half of it. Should I be adding more sets or adding more weight if I am not failing?

And if I am not failing and I add more weight, but can no longer do the exercise properly due to being too heavy, should I go back to normal weight and then add more sets?

Its been a while and I think I need help lmao.

But the good news is I will continue to stick with it because I remember why became obsessed with my basement, I love working out.

Oh by the way, the days off on WWB workout number 1, is it okay if I dedicate those to cardio, because I really do have a passion for long distance walking, I love it so much, its better than sex for me really it is. Is it okay or will I gain less muscle?

I am trying to gain muscle and burn fat so I have a dilemma.

Might be a long conversation. If anyone has MSN add me, theosisten@hotmail.com

Sure, you're allowed to have journals -- in the "ONLINE JOURNALS" forum.

Wannabebig Member
    I swear I didn't notice that there before and I looked, well hopefully eventually it'll get moved.