The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

New to this bulking thing

I started bulking the first day of march and by the end of march I have gained about 3-4lbs in that month, accompanied by just weight lifting 3 times a week. Is 3-4lbs a month good or bad? I def can tell my chest is gaining some good mass, but my gut is definitely gaining a lot of fat.
    Sorry but this is my first actual bulk and I don't know if I going about it the right or wrong way, I've been eating everything I have in sight, I found out while bulking I had a very fast metabolism, maybe that had something to do with my 9month weightlifting/cardio routine.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

My first bulk went completely wrong (got too fat)

A lot of people here merely spout "EAT EAT EAT EAT" like some sort of elitist mantra.. In reality that is complete anti-wisdom, if you just feed in such an unbiased manner you will turn into a beached whale...

So take the "eat everything you see" thing with a pinch of salt IMO..

That only applies to those who have a hard time putting on weight. Those of us who teng to get fat easily need to be careful when bulking. When I bulk I have to count calories, just like when dieting, othewise I end up like a balloon
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

I wish I had that problem, I eat like a savage and make slow gains because metabolism is insane. I'm going to have to start eating 4000 cals just to start gaining again. The Rock only eats 3700 and he is 270 or something like that. I weight 140 lol now thats crazy.
    Current: 5'8 165lbs

Eat GOOD foods, just a LOT of em.
    "Color outside the lines"