The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

i think i pulled a muscle (experts needed)

i was doing incline db press today and i think i pulled a mucle on my last rep. it hurts from my left upper neck down to my left upper back (between lower shoulder blade and spine). at first it didnt hurt that much but i knew how much damage i took because i had this happen to me two times now. each time i was out of the gym for a week.

now its been a few hours and my neck has slowly become paralyzed. now it is leaning 45 degrees to my left. if it try to make my neck straight i feel like crying. the only way to relieve the tension is to lay on my bed.

the thing that angers me most is that i had perfect form and i even did a brief stretch before the workouts. this is exactly how it happened the last two times. but the last two times i was doing skull crushers. im so mad right now because this has officially ruined my entire weekend. what in the world did i pull? and why did i pull it when i had perfect form? how do i avoid it next time??? thanks everyone.
    Last edited by T_Chapman; 07-01-2004 at 09:14 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It's a strain, check with a doctor just in case though, and to avoid it from happening again, always do a proper warm up and really stress form and full range of motion in all of your exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    It's a strain, check with a doctor just in case though, and to avoid it from happening again, always do a proper warm up and really stress form and full range of motion in all of your exercises.
    the reason i dont want to check with a doctor is because they cost a lot of money which i dont have right now.

proper warm up, stressing form and getting full range of motion is what i always emphasize so they werent the reason why i screwed up.

You don't have insurance?

Wannabebig Member
    I get those all the time.

Does it hurt when you look to your left or right?

I had the same thing happen, or atleast it sounds like the same thing. I was doing BB Standing Military Press. I couldn't turn my head in one direction. I put heat then ice on it (I had to work that night, so I stopped and spoke to the physician on duty, who suggested this). The heat seemed to help. The next day I was fine just a little sore.

Your sore neck should go away. If you continue in pain, definitly go to the doctor.

Are you using too much weight?
    If the bar aint bending your just pretending!!!!

My journal!