The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: 20% Bf

20% Bf

How bad is 20% bodyfat? I got a free bf test at the gym today from a personal trainre guy, it wasnt with calipers, he had me hold onto this thing and it said was i was 20%. Wow. I didnt know i was that high.. i gained 35 pounds in one year of college. ****

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Italian Stallion
    I've been reading a little about this lately. I'm assume your age is around 20 to 25, if thats true, then twenty percent body fat is average. This is according to data provided by the university of houston and the university of florida. Your ideal body fat would be 15 percent or lower.

It's not that bad. I've seen guys at 20% who don't look all that bad(i.e. can take there shirt off in front of other people with out being embarrassed). If you want to impress yourself and others though, shoot for 13% and below, I've seen guys at as high as 15% even, that are pretty impressive.

Wannabebig Member
    those bioimpedence bf% testers can be wildly off if you drink a lot/little water. Especially for lifters and people who eat a lot of protein. Get a caliper... it'll tell you exactly how much fat you have below your skin

Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    .... I've seen guys at 20% who don't look all that bad(i.e. can take there shirt off in front of other people with out being embarrassed). ...
    dont be so vain lol

bulking with a 38" waist at 5'10 .. through our aussie summer i flic off the shirt