Thread: sore shoulder

Hybrid View

use beefcake

sore shoulder

2 days ago i was going shooting for 260lbs on the flat bench and couldnt get it but i guess my spotter couldnt tell or hes just slow so i had to hold this weight midway for a good couple seconds. well i believe thats the reason my shoulder has some serious soreness. any tips on giving the cold shoulder to my sore shoulder? i need to kick this asap. thanks-bill

I'd recommend seing a doctor. You may have torn a rotator cuff. I've ignored a shoulder injury for about two years now and it's not getting any better. I can workout on it atleast, but it still gets a little sore with certian workouts. BTW, I did my injry the same way as yours, I was doing BB bench press with 275 and when I was having trouble getting a rep up, my left shoulder got a lot of pain in it.

Rest it. Rest it a for a couple of days to see if the soreness subsides.

use beefcake
    unfortunately im never one to go to a doctor. pretty stupid, i know. i will let this thing rest for a couple more days and hopefully this will subside. doesnt help either that i had to hook up some cieling fans and lights for a good couple hours. OUCH.... thanks guys

hows the shoulder?

advil and cold compress........advil for the inflamation, and cold compress (ice pack) for the same thing... if its not feeling better in a week or so you should definately get to a doctor. better to go to the doctor than to not know the extent of the damage and keep you from progressing in the future.
    Age - 20
    Height - 6'2"
    Weight - 175 (starting weight 140)
    Squat - 275 x 8
    Deadlift - 225 x 8
    Bench - 135 x 8