Thread: Will push ups tone up my flabby chest ?

Will push ups tone up my flabby chest ?

I have a little fat on my chest and I'm meaning to burn it off. I do a normal three day split:

Mon - Legs, Shoulders
    Wed - Chest, Back
    Fri - Arms, Abs

I'm wondering wheather doing 200 push ups a day on top of this will help tone up my chest quicker. Will I just be gaining more strength indurance and not mass ? Also should I being doing cardio and how much ?

6'1" 175
    You'll get yolked doing 200 pushups a day! Go for it! Just maybe take it easy on chest days or days after the chest day.l
    Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f**king big television.

Read this thread: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=45366

Should give you an idea on what toning is or isn't. If you are still unsure use the search and you'll find plenty of discussions on the myths/misconceptions of the concept of toning.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas
    You'll get yolked doing 200 pushups a day! Go for it! Just maybe take it easy on chest days or days after the chest day.l
    Yeah, uh...your wrong. By "toned" I am assuming you mean a defined chest. Doing pushups won't get you a defined chest, but getting your BFP down will. Definition usually comes from diet.

You cant make your muscles grow outside your fat..the fat will always be on top unless you change diet and do a lot of cardio..

If you're not already doing cardio, I would recommend starting with 3, 20 or 30minute sessions a week. Watch your diet and train hard with the weights trying to increase your lifts every time. There's no need at all for the pushups.