The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

pain in the arms

Yo everybody!
    I'm a beginner and I'm just starting out with body building..i started gym like 2 days ago,and the first day,the instructor tried to have me do that chest excercise,sry i dunno the exact name but its the one where you lie down on a bench and left up the weight to your chest and back up..anyways,he tried to have me do that but then he said that my arms are weak and I should first work on my arms.So he had me work on my arms with the dumpbell..the first day I did that,after like 3,4 hours of my coming back to home my arms started hurting..but all of my friends had told about the pains they had when they started out with body building,so i thought that may be its just that pain.And yesterday despite the pain I went back to gym,and yesterday too,he had me work on my arms.And today my arms hurt a lot and i can hardly bend them.I thought that may be I was over training and I didn't go to gym today..but they still hurt..so,i need some advice on why the pain is there,and what should i do about it.Is it just the pain that you get when you first start out on body building,or is it because i was over training,also,give me some advice on how many days of the week i should go and work..i mean,should i go regularly,or with a rest of one day,or with a rest of 2 days,or what?One last question,should I still work on my arms or is it time that I move over to other parts of the body?And how may days should I work on one part continuously?
    thanks in advance.
    Ali.
    My stats:
    Height: 5"7.5
    Weight: ....Reduced from 80 kg to 73 kg..tell me how much more I should lose

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

a) you are just a little sore, you'll e fine
    b) your trainer doesn't sound like he knows what he's doing.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    a) you are just a little sore, you'll e fine
    b) your trainer doesn't sound like he knows what he's doing.
    Nope..I'm not just 'a little' sore..it hurts pretty badly..
    secondly..lmao..i agree,my trainer doesn't know what he;'s talkin about,thats why i'm posting here for help.What should I do?(i can't change my gym since this is the only good one in my town).
    My stats:
    Height: 5"7.5
    Weight: ....Reduced from 80 kg to 73 kg..tell me how much more I should lose

I have joint pain frequently, too... but I think mine is more from the intensity of the workout and getting sloppy on form at times. Glucosimine(sp?) is great for joint pain and I use it when mine gets bad. Your joints will get adapted to the loads you put on them.
    And I agree, your trainer sounds kinda clueless. Check out the routines listed here, they are tried and true and you cant go wrong with them. I think there was just a sticky posted with gifs of the exercises.
    Good luck!

The best way to choose a trainer is by their physique. 75% of the trainers in my gym look like average joes you find on the street. You can't tell they lift weights. In other words, they don't have enough experience to tell you what to do. That's just my opinion though from the advices I hear them give.

If it's pain in the bone, you're doing something wrong. If it's pain in the arms, that's just soreness. Wait until it's gone. And yes, you should work out your entire body.