The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Work in progress
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    32

    I have the best workout for cutting...(So I think)

    I have a lot of body fat to lose...i've dropped a good amount of weight already...but i'm trying to turn it up...here is the routine and diet I came up with...

    Routine

    Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday

    30 mins of basketball to warm up, shooting around
    40 mins of lifting (circuit training, lifting to failure, 4 body parts at a time)
    30 mins of Cardio on Reebok Body Peak (heart rate around 165)

    I was reading an article with The Roc who said when he was cutting down, working 1-2 body parts a day was not using enough of his body to burn enough calories so he started working 4-5 body parts a day and it worked.

    Also, since i'm more concerned with cutting than building mass, I want to circuit train to keep my heart rate up while still gaining strength.

    I was doing Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday...but having 2 days off in a row for some reason...especially on the weekend when I tend to cheat on my diet doesn't seem good to me. Plus I think i'll feel better by only have 1 day between workout days.

    Diet

    Now this is where I think I need the most help...but this is what I have right now.

    Meal 1 - Can of tropical fruit or Cereal (raisan brand/mini wheats)/Protein shake
    Meal 2 - Turkey breast sandwich
    Meal 3 - Romaine salad with a little cheddar cheese, croutons, can of tuna, olive oil and vinegar (This is actually really good).
    Meal 4 - Turkey burger and apple
    Meal 5 - Meat (fish or chicken) and veggie (green beans or salad)
    Meal 6 - Protein shake

    Also...i have to cheat sometimes...I probably have 3-4 cheat meals a week...but 1 or 2 of my cheat meals is usually fairly healthy (like chicken chow main chinese food or fried fish) But Pizza once a week is a must.

    How does this sound?

    I've tryed various routines/diets and all together i've dropped 70lbs but it seems to get harder and harder.
    Last edited by GrindingOut; 04-06-2004 at 09:11 PM.

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    En botella whey! Max-Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dorchester, MA
    Posts
    4,808
    As you lose more and more weight your body will fight you more and more to lose fat. The cheat meals (refeeds) can become important when trying to lose weight when you get stuck. I'd read up on refeed info.

    Your gym time is kinda long but as long as you get enough rest in there, you should be ok. Just keep track of your energy levels and sleep. If you start to feel tired or sick more often, take a break for about a week, then continue.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal


    PB's&Goals

    Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

  4. #3
    Work in progress
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    As you lose more and more weight your body will fight you more and more to lose fat. The cheat meals (refeeds) can become important when trying to lose weight when you get stuck. I'd read up on refeed info.

    Your gym time is kinda long but as long as you get enough rest in there, you should be ok. Just keep track of your energy levels and sleep. If you start to feel tired or sick more often, take a break for about a week, then continue.
    Thanks for that info,,,but what do you think about my diet overall?

    What are refeeds? I heard someone refer to them. It's funny though because it seems like the day AFTER my cheat days, i feel the tightest and during the week when i'm working out more and my diet is stricter, i feel the most loose.

    Where can i read up on refeeds?

  5. #4
    Senior Member geoffgarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by GrindingOut
    Thanks for that info,,,but what do you think about my diet overall?

    What are refeeds? I heard someone refer to them. It's funny though because it seems like the day AFTER my cheat days, i feel the tightest and during the week when i'm working out more and my diet is stricter, i feel the most loose.

    Where can i read up on refeeds?
    post your weekly or monthly calorie/protein/carb/fat numbers...
    one day isn't very representative, and calculating the numbers on your foods is pretty impossible when we have no idea what brands/servings/etc you are using...

    ps, if you think spending 100 minutes in the gym is doing your body better than spending 30 minutes then you should do a lot more reading....
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 04-07-2004 at 08:34 AM.

  6. #5
    Work in progress
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    post your weekly or monthly calorie/protein/carb/fat numbers...
    one day isn't very representative, and calculating the numbers on your foods is pretty impossible when we have no idea what brands/servings/etc you are using...

    ps, if you think spending 100 minutes in the gym is doing your body better than spending 30 minutes then you should do a lot more reading....
    I'm just starting to really track the exact # of calories/protein/carb/fat I take in so i'll have to give exacts later...

    But i'd say on average...I take in about 150protein a day....about 2000 calories a day, carb and fat not sure...

    Where can I read up more on refeeds and gym time?

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,028
    2000 calories seems kind of low. How much do you weigh and what is your bf %?

  8. #7
    En botella whey! Max-Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dorchester, MA
    Posts
    4,808
    Oh, and congrats on losing 70 lbs. Very impressive!
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal


    PB's&Goals

    Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

  9. #8
    Wannabebig Member Filmboy44's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by GrindingOut
    Pizza once a week is a must.

    How does this sound?

    .
    horrible

    if you're going to cheat, make it every 10 days. Not every 3-4 days on a meal. You have "a lot" of BF to lose you say? Well eating like that won't make it any easier than it is
    Stats:

    B: 440
    S: 685
    D: 595

    5'10 215-220 during cut 230-235 off season

    8-10%BF

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •