The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Is it better to lift first, or run first?

Or does it not matter. I usually run doing sprints and what not to get my cardio. And of course weight train. Does it matter which one you do first? I've always liked to lift last cause my muscles are maxed out and I like to rest for the rest of the day.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wannabebig!
    I would lift first imo. You don't want your lifting to suffer because you've depleted yourself with cardio training.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    I would lift first imo. You don't want your lifting to suffer because you've depleted yourself with cardio training.

What he said. Unless of course sprinting is more important to you...
    Last edited by Paladyr; 04-09-2004 at 08:37 AM.

actually it is better to do ur cardio at least 5-6 hours after or beofer u weight lift.. just becuase ur body cannot be in an anerobic and aeorobic state at once its better to rest a few hours and then do ur cardio.
    Bench 235 6 reps squats 415 8 reps barbell curls 120 rep 6 shoulder press 150lb 6
    shoulder press barbell 150 rep 6
    CUTTING stage 1 week
    before BW: 187 current BW:184
    before BF:20 current:20

MY PICS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../angelito2.jpg

lift first. Who needs to run anyway? lol.
    "Color outside the lines"

if u run first then all ur muscle glycogen is used up. thus leaving fat as ur source of energy. muscles need glycogen and BBA (blood bourne amino acids) to get bigger etc... u will get tired... burn out and longer recovery whereas if u weight lift first then all the glycogen and BBA and the other thing i forget what its called is used up. the only source of energy left is fat. so that 15-20 min of cardio will be direct fat burning. whereas it would take u 20 min to burn up the glycogen. u can run in the morning w.out eating anything b/c u havent had any carbs or anything for 8> hours so the only source of energy is fat.

lift first. You don't want to run and then be tired for you lift. Also it's best to run first thing in them morning before breakfast if your goal is to lose fat.