The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hooorah

Hooorah

Hi,

I have not been a regular here at the WBB forums for about one year. However, I was going to get back into bodybuilding. All until not long ago many thoughts went through my head, and it has come to the conclusion that the military is what I want. I always wanted to be a U.S Marine, be the best of the best. I enlisted and will be going to basic training this November. I am real ansy, cause I cant wait till bootcamp. Its a life changing choice but With my mom's support and God's will Its all possible.

Hoorah
    Last edited by beastin v6; 04-07-2004 at 06:03 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    congrats on your decision

good luck

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Good luck.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

ahhh starship troopers flashbacks...

Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else.
    The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is mearly wishful thinking at its worst!
    congrats on making a big life decision like this, I hope you gave it plenty of thought and talked it over with your family.
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 04-08-2004 at 12:31 PM.

Good luck buddy, and thank you for your service!
    Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze Gretchen......

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Good luck.....
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Thanks for you support, it DOES make a difference.

oohRAH. congrats on your decision to become a jarhead. you going to South Carolina?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

congrats on your decision to defend the best country out there.
    that's honorable.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

Good luck Beastin V6. I hope you chose an M.O.S. you can transfer to civilian life unless you intend to be a career Marine. I see too many who get out after 3 years of infantry and then go work and McDonalds.
    "If we're all God's children....what's so special about Jesus?" - Jimmy Carr

"The only difference between a dead skunk lying in the road and a dead lawyer lying in the road is that there are skid marks around the skunk."
    Patrick Murray.

Don't mistake kindness for weakness.

hey you stole my face, are you Croatian?

good luck in the Marines they are the most elite of the branches of military and you have a less chance of dying!

Quote Originally Posted by JD77
    Good luck Beastin V6. I hope you chose an M.O.S. you can transfer to civilian life unless you intend to be a career Marine. I see too many who get out after 3 years of infantry and then go work and McDonalds.
    word.

and uh marines are first in, last out.

Quote Originally Posted by raniali
    congrats on your decision to defend the best country out there.
    that's honorable.
    He's NOT joining the Dutch army.

thanks.

I am headed to bootcamp at 0500 (20041022) November 22 2004. Will be going to South Carolina and I have chosen Service Management option then Combat Support (tanks and artillery related) and lasty I picked Infantry. Infantry is something I would like to do, but, at 18 years old I feel I am not mentally ready just yet. However, after one year of completion of my 1st job I am going to change over to Infantry.

What I find funny is, ALOT of people (everywhere) tell me I am crazy to join the Marines. They tell me to join the Navy or the Air Force. Whats even more amazing, nearly ALL have not served their country in ANY branch of the military. I am not a native born American, infact i join with my Cuban Passport (green card). People in this country just don't appreciate anything they have & all they do is complain. And I am not joining the military for money cause, I am making more money on my partime job then I will on the Marines. But, thats not the issue here.. The issue is I feel I have to serve this great country of ours. I came from a communist country where no one has anything infact I did not even had a pair of sneakers. I came over from Cuba to the states I had nothing, zippo, zero... And my famly worked hard jsut survive, but we never complained..why? cause we were here to better ourselves. And see everyone here complaining that just angers me. But, thats why I joined to keep freedom of speech alive in this great country.

well some of us believe there's a lot to complain about. mainly because we do love htis country asnd what it's supposed to stand for.

and people are right - you are crazy to become a marine, and if you aren't now, then you will be crazy by the time you get out of boot camp. Your DI will see to it. that's the whole point of the marines tho.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beastin v6
    thanks.

I am headed to bootcamp at 0500 (20041022) November 22 2004. Will be going to South Carolina and I have chosen Service Management option then Combat Support (tanks and artillery related) and lasty I picked Infantry. Infantry is something I would like to do, but, at 18 years old I feel I am not mentally ready just yet. However, after one year of completion of my 1st job I am going to change over to Infantry.

What I find funny is, ALOT of people (everywhere) tell me I am crazy to join the Marines. They tell me to join the Navy or the Air Force. Whats even more amazing, nearly ALL have not served their country in ANY branch of the military. I am not a native born American, infact i join with my Cuban Passport (green card). People in this country just don't appreciate anything they have & all they do is complain. And I am not joining the military for money cause, I am making more money on my partime job then I will on the Marines. But, thats not the issue here.. The issue is I feel I have to serve this great country of ours. I came from a communist country where no one has anything infact I did not even had a pair of sneakers. I came over from Cuba to the states I had nothing, zippo, zero... And my famly worked hard jsut survive, but we never complained..why? cause we were here to better ourselves. And see everyone here complaining that just angers me. But, thats why I joined to keep freedom of speech alive in this great country.
    With more people like you, we wouldn't have half the troubles we have in this country. Proud to have you post on the message board.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

I second that. Very inspiring words Beastin
    Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze Gretchen......

Thank You Sir.

Hey Tryska, with all due respect, if you think that joining the Marines to defend freedom in this great nation of ours categorizes me as being crazy then by all means call me crazy.
    Last edited by beastin v6; 04-10-2004 at 03:11 PM.

You are crazy.

I wannabebig!
    good luck beastin, just hope you know what you're getting into and that you've put serious thought into it, even though it seems like you have. I wouldn't blame your friends for suggesting the air force or the navy though they have a whole higher standard of living. I'm a military guy myself but will be getting out in a year.

cut block extraordinaire
    Thank you for protecting our country and freedom and Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by beastin v6
    Thank You Sir.

Hey Tryska, with all due respect, if you think that joining the Marines to defend freedom in this great nation of ours categorizes me as being crazy then by all means call me crazy.

my ex was a marine, and i was with him through bootcampand his first hitch. you'll understand when you get to Parris Island, and start learning about the Marine Corps legacy and history. In this context, crazy is a compliment.
    Last edited by Tryska; 04-12-2004 at 07:45 AM.

The Bull
    Down And give me 20..... Hey thanks in advance for protecting My Daughter's democracy.

As i have read before: Don't hate Americans. Hate our government
    Last edited by Bullet; 04-12-2004 at 07:42 AM.
    I am 5' 10" 200lbs
    4-12-04 MAX
    Chest 42 1/4" Bench-215lbs
    Waist 34" Squats- 250lbs
    Bicept 15 1/4" Curls- 95lb db
    Forearm 12 1/4" Dead lift- 285lbs
    legs 22"
    Calf 15"
    Neck 16 1/2"

He conforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can confort them. 2 Corinthians 1:4

good luck bro...im dep for the navy and am going to basic in the summer.

The Bull
    NAvel reserves here.. Was active duty airforce
    I am 5' 10" 200lbs
    4-12-04 MAX
    Chest 42 1/4" Bench-215lbs
    Waist 34" Squats- 250lbs
    Bicept 15 1/4" Curls- 95lb db
    Forearm 12 1/4" Dead lift- 285lbs
    legs 22"
    Calf 15"
    Neck 16 1/2"

He conforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can confort them. 2 Corinthians 1:4