Thread: Hey i was wondering about the forarms help to build muscle? and also build abs help ?

Hey i was wondering about the forarms help to build muscle? and also build abs help ?

Hey i was wondering about the forarms help to build muscle? and also build abs help ?
    My Journal CHECK IT OUT
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=41309

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Well, im not sure what your trying to say... but stronger forearms will increase your lifting capabilities in some upper body exercises. Abs, nah they dont help anything else besides abs. But built abs look SEXAY, so I would work them still
    Last edited by Shnoop; 04-13-2004 at 01:31 AM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Abs, nah they dont help anything else besides abs.
    This is an offensively stupid remark. It should be deleted.

Abs are extremely important to EVERY EXERCISE. They make for a stable trunk and stable upper body while doing any movement. They create a stable platform on which to do perfect-form heavy squats, deadlifts, olympic movements, bench press, barbell rows, the list is as long as you can possibly fathom.

Also the forearms will help in any exercise where you have to grab a bar or hold something. So you can just imagine how they'll help. Strong forearms and grip make everything easier. Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Budiak

Abs are extremely important to EVERY EXERCISE. They make for a stable trunk and stable upper body while doing any movement. They create a stable platform on which to do perfect-form heavy squats, deadlifts, olympic movements, bench press, barbell rows, the list is as long as you can possibly fathom.

Also the forearms will help in any exercise where you have to grab a bar or hold something. So you can just imagine how they'll help. Strong forearms and grip make everything easier. Everything.
    For goodness sakes! I agree! Abs are very important with almost anything you do. Running, walking, posture, and even air ways are affected by the abdominals. A strong core is extremely important. I think what you were trying to say is that you don't care if you can see your abs or not...not the most visually important muscle to you am I correct? Well, at least I hope I am...

Without strong forearms, Budiak could not hold onto his camera, and with strong abs he would not be able to deflect bullets.

And don't confuse not doing crunches with not having strong abs. If you do a lot of core intensive exercises, like deads, squats, oly. lifts, gymnastics, rock climbing, etc., you'll have strong abs, which are pretty critical for safe and succesful completion of these lifts.

No i was saying how do you work out forearms and abs meaning what exercies can i do in order to achieve a better result.
    My Journal CHECK IT OUT

Forearms: Do static holds or wrist curls if you really need to. Mine are fine just from doing back work and stuff like that.
    Abs: Depends what you mean. If you mean how it looks, abs are mostly about how low your bodyfat is. Just train them as you would train any other muscle.
    "I'm gonna die with a dumbell in my hand." - stpatrick44

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 80kgs (176lbs) | BF%: dunno
    --
    BB Bench 1 x 110kgs (242lbs) | Deadlift: 135kgs (300lbs) x 2 | Current Routine: Bodybuilding

yeah or farmer walks. those kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Budiak
    Way to be positive

I should have said for ME abs arent more than just a nice look when working out. I dont deadlifts, squats, or competitions. For curling, benching, and rows, I dont really think you need strong abs now do you?

EDIT: Sorry about this man, you just got me all worked up lol. My comment was very ignorant, I take it back.
    Last edited by Shnoop; 04-14-2004 at 08:00 PM.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

way to admit your mistake shnoop. not enough people do that nowadays

heading to 195
    what exactly is a good idea to do for abs? do you work it like other body parts and do maybe like 2 or 3 sets of like 10=15 one day a week, or is it good to do 6,000 sets of 6,000 each day?

can someone go in more depth for both body parts? i somewhat understand but not quite well please?
    My Journal CHECK IT OUT

I do crunches on Mon. Wed. Fri... But Ive been told I should just do a stronger and better ab workout just 2 times a week.

Most people hold a weight on their chest or use a machine (set at a weight) when crunching, so they do 10-15 reps with 4 or 5 sets. If you have never ever worked your abs, I would start with just no weight crunches. But for lower abs, you needa do another exercise(s). Im just not sure what it is. I do bikes, but I dont think peopel here are to fond of those.

Im kinda new to this aswell, so dont take this as advice. Im just telling ya what I and some others do.
    Last edited by Shnoop; 04-15-2004 at 12:00 AM.

thanks ima work on this any more people any more suggestions please i am waiting for this heh thanksss
    My Journal CHECK IT OUT

anyone else Please?
    My Journal CHECK IT OUT

Quagmire wannabe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoop
    I dont deadlifts, squats, or competitions.
    Your not a curl jockey are ya?
    He who hesitates masturbates........

LOL, no. I already have some minor back problems, so thats why. Also, a few of my buds have been doing them (older guys) for a few years, and they have developed problems from it. I know, if I do perfect form it wont hurt my back. But I dont really wanna take a chance.

guys guys please? abs thing how many times a week and how many reps and times?
    My Journal CHECK IT OUT

Quagmire wannabe
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEThoughts
    guys guys please? abs thing how many times a week and how many reps and times?
    Treat them as you would any other muscle. You could try 4 sets of 8-10 reps twice a week. Do what works best for you.
    He who hesitates masturbates........

I see is there a section on abs? and how many times you have to work it out?
    My Journal CHECK IT OUT