Thread: A good plan?

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

A good plan?

I've been doing newbie kinda training for the last 2months or so, and I've become quite and addict of the gym now and as a result i look alot better (i look quite cut). Now My initial goal was to bulk, so i started last week and its going good so far, do you think its a good plan to bulk for 3months, add around 10Lbs and then cut really really good again? So i'll have a bigger from from bulking then it will be very neat with the cutting?
    Also, should i be focusing on lowering my BF while bulking?
    If so, when do i do it? I train around 4 times a week and eating around 3k in calories a day.
    age 18, 135lbs, 5.9".
    Heres the pics - http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=45503
    Last edited by smoove.; 04-13-2004 at 01:27 AM.

It all depends on your goals. At 135 pounds, I'd shoot to gain about 50, not 10... but that's just me.

Yes, in general, it's a good idea to gain, trim down, and then gain again from a new base.

I wouldn't try to lower BF while bulking.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig Member
    thanks, I'll bulk up for 3months then.
    But when im bulking i should eat anything I can (except really fatty/bad foods) and lift heavy and do no cardio?

Once Im done on bulking and start to cut again, do I slack on the calories and do some cardio then? Wouldnt that cause me to lose muscle not lower by bf%?

Wannabebig Member
    Also, while im bulking, is it worth my doing an ab work out? Since my bf% should incrase 1-3% (i think), and it will be harder to see them? My abs arent very good atm and need me to tense so u can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by smoove.
    Also, while im bulking, is it worth my doing an ab work out? Since my bf% should incrase 1-3% (i think), and it will be harder to see them? My abs arent very good atm and need me to tense so u can see them.
    why exercise any muscle group if your just going to increase 1-3% bf...

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    why exercise any muscle group if your just going to increase 1-3% bf...
    To gain size

Well, why would working otu your abs a little bit be a bad thing? I say go for it, because you abs to come into play during other lifts.
    "Color outside the lines"