The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

sudden drop in weight?

hey,

I was in the gym last night and my weight was around 163 lbs. now this morning i woke up and i was 152!!!!!!! and its not like ive weighed myself for the first time in the morning - i do it everyday and im always in the 160 range. what the hell happened??? I'm distressed!!!

The only thing ive changed in the last few days is that I've started to run (havent done that in the last 6 months). so i ran 20 mins/day in the last three days and i was trying to eat 200-300 calories less than I normally do.
    (I was trying to do a cut to get rid of some of the excess bodyfat.) however i never expected to lose that much so soon?? and its not like im ripped now .. i look about the same. and yeah ive been taking creatine too on the days that i workout and still doing it.

does anyone have any ideas on why this would have happened?
    --
    Current Stats:
    28 yo, 5' 9", 158 lbs, ~11% bf
    BP: 195x1
    Squat: 275x8
    DL: 185x5
    ~CUTting :-(

Started working out: Dec. 2003
    Weight: 143 lbs, ~12% bf

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Its most likely just water weight you've dropped. What does the difference between your scale and the gym scale normally run? It could have been that after a couple of days the creatine that you take sporadically had run its course and left, therefore leaving you with less water. (Creatine is best taken everyday, regardless of being in the gym or not.)

Plus at night you are usually full from eating during the day but come morning some of it has been burned off, or used for other purposes. Did you use the bathroom before or after weighing? There's a whole host of reasons that you could have lost that weight. Its nothing that I would be concerned about though, unless it continues to drop at an alarming rate.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Well there are two possibilites that have already been outlined by HomeYield (YOU ALWAYS BEAT ME TO IT! ).

1) Water weight decreases resulting from Creatine levels returning to normal.
    2) Difference in scale readings. (I weigh 205 at my house, but at the doctor the reading is 214, one of us have a messed up scale)