The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

Eat heavier early in the day for losing weight?

i remeber reading somewhere that you are supposed to eat your heaviest meals in the afternoon and eat a light dinner

the reason for this is because during the day you burn more calories, and when its time to go to bed, you metabolism slows down

so ive been trying to follow this but its hard to eat a can of tuna for dinner and thats it...i guess that we all have been condition to eat big before we go to bed..i guess ill get used to it after a while

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Focused
    i remeber reading somewhere that you are supposed to eat your heaviest meals in the afternoon and eat a light dinner

the reason for this is because during the day you burn more calories, and when its time to go to bed, you metabolism slows down

so ive been trying to follow this but its hard to eat a can of tuna for dinner and thats it...i guess that we all have been condition to eat big before we go to bed..i guess ill get used to it after a while
    It won't make the slightest difference, at the end of the day it's still a case of calories in versus calories out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by restless
    It won't make the slightest difference, at the end of the day it's still a case of calories in versus calories out.

i understand that, however, youre more active during the day than at night i guess is the logic..plus i hear its bad to eat alot right before you go to bed

Quote Originally Posted by Focused
    i understand that, however, youre more active during the day than at night i guess is the logic..plus i hear its bad to eat alot right before you go to bed
    nah man its all aboutur calorie intake shiit i eat a lot a night hehe snack time and as long as i maintian the caloire intake i lose weight its all about the number of callories man
    Bench 235 6 reps squats 415 8 reps barbell curls 120 rep 6 shoulder press 150lb 6
    shoulder press barbell 150 rep 6
    CUTTING stage 1 week
    before BW: 187 current BW:184
    before BF:20 current:20

MY PICS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../angelito2.jpg

i think the idea is if you're going to be hungry, be hungry when you're asleep so you won't be tempted to cheat

Do that voodoo that he do
    Actually, you are better off eating more heavily earlier in the day. In the morning your insulin sensitivity is highest and your liver glycogen is the lowest. A fair amount of your calories will go towards replenishing this. A larger meal later in the evening is much more likely to be stored as fat.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

Grasshoppa
    If you're in a caloric deficit, I don't think it makes all that much of a difference.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

:withstupi
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    If you're in a caloric deficit, I don't think it makes all that much of a difference.
    Bench 235 6 reps squats 415 8 reps barbell curls 120 rep 6 shoulder press 150lb 6
    shoulder press barbell 150 rep 6
    CUTTING stage 1 week
    before BW: 187 current BW:184
    before BF:20 current:20

MY PICS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../angelito2.jpg

Motors, Music & Muscle HemiVision's Avatar
    I once heard someone say "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper." I think that's pretty good advice, save for the fact that that's only 3 meals...

If you're eating in a caloric deficit it would not make too much of a difference. Borris is still correct though and I think you might be able to see some benefit from a slightly lighter evening meal. I think it also depends on when you lift too.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    borris is not correct

your body cant store what it must burn

if you are in a calorie deficit everything gets burned

and remember your body is depositing fat and mobilizing fat all day

even if a particual meal is almost totally stored as fat that fat will get used hours or even minutes later

Grasshoppa
    Just eat equally throughout the day. There's a point where your micromanagement is probably too anal, I'd say this is one. If you do see a difference, it would probably be seen quantitatively in like 3 years, if there is any difference at all. What matters most is your caloric deficit and training regimine(sp?). Concentrate on that.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

unemployed college grad jimlynch11's Avatar
    Calories are calories, I understand that. Is there any benefit though to the composition of them as the day progresses? I.e. try to get most of the sugars in the AM/early afternoon while focus more on protein and fats towards bed so they are available during muscle regeneration time (aka sleep).