Thread: low carb or low calorie does it make a difference?

Hybrid View

Banned

low carb or low calorie does it make a difference?

ive been cutting now for about 4 weeks and lost id say about 5-7 pounds.....(i can almost see my abs now) ..ive just been eating around 1000-1200 cals a day(im 5'10 167) but anyway, i was always under the impression that low carbs are bad for people who workout because you need carbs for enerygy right?

in terms of cutting is low carb mor effective, or does it even matter?

i was always under the impression that low carbs ='s low cal since excessive carbs/ protein can turn to fat. this is what i have heard. now 1000-1200 cal seems really low to me but that differs between body types. that is like 3 protien shakes worth of calories.

Grasshoppa
    Yes, at your weight, I'd say that 1000-1200 kcals daily is way too low. You'll hit a plateau pretty soon...or you'll gain some fat back when you decide to up the cals again.

In any event, is it more effective? That's up to your body. Most people can lose weight just fine on a balanced diet with a moderate caloric deficit. Those who low carb diets and lift don't do low carb day in and day out, they tend to cycle them. Diets like a CKD/UD2 intro a refeed day(s) when you can overeat and replenish glycogen stores. This is usually around when a workout would be scheduled.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park