Thread: Losing Weight

Losing Weight

IWork out 5-6 days a week normally just on the weights, and for the past 7 months it has been the same, i have gained a lot of muscle and i can see quite a bit of weight loss, but now i really want to get right down and cut up.
    I havent really stuck to a diet and still drink every weekend, which i intend to cut out now.

Im not really up to date on losing weight, but i guess its the less calories u consume and how much work u do, running/jogging/rowing etc.

im 6'1, 235lbs and want to get to 200lbs within the next 2 months so i can really look good.

Has Anyone got some tips on whats best to do, to lose the weight, i got a diet now.

Breakfast -> I Cant eat in the morning, so i normally just have a protein shake.

Dinner -> Chicken + Fruit

Tea -> Potatoes/Rice/Fruit/Protein Shake

Evening -> Tuna

has anyone got some advice, on a better diet or ... iff that one is ok..?

thx

The best way to reduce bodyfat is to lose about 1 pound per week. This ensures that the majority of weight you lose is fat. The goal you have set means that you would have to lose about 4 pounds a week which is a really bad idea. You would be losing size and and would look no less cut up. A more realistic amount of time would be 8-9 months. I understand that this is a long time but this is the way things is. These things take patience and dedication.

My diet means that I eat the same things everyday. This way I can have the exact same number of calories everyday with a balanced marconutrient ratio. I started at 2200 calories to start cutting. After 2 weeks I found I wasn't quite losing 1 pound per week so I dropped it to 2100, and this seems to be the perfect amount of calories for me.

I don't do any cardio, I just leave it to weight training and a good diet, cardio is your choice. Good luck with the cut.
    Stats at 1st March - 7th June

Weight: 171 - 163
    Bodyfat: 15.5% - 10%

i wont lose the size, im a big lad :-)
    always have been, iff i lost this weight, my trainer even said id look "top notch" :-S
    so i want to do it for that, im big enough right now

I'm just saying if you lose that much weight in such a short time, you will lose a lot of muscle. Do you have any idea what you bodyfat % is?

im guessing it is quite high, always has been, weight doesnt seem to come off me easily

im 100kg, and id say i have a 25-30% body fat, but im not sure that would be an uneducated guess.

i have the muscle, i just need to lose the fat.

how do i check my body fat?

you can buy some skin fold calipers really cheap. These are better to use whilst losing weight because they can tell you how much your losing in fat compared to muscle.

Lets say that you are 235 pounds at 30% bf.
    If you were to lose 35 pounds of PURE fat, that would put you to about 17%
    Now, if you wanted to get to 8%, which is what I call "cut up" you would have to go to about 180 pounds. The problem is that you never lose PURE muscle, you also lose some muscle as well. So that most probably means you would have to get to about 170 pounds to reach 8%.

Remember, losing weight really fast means you lose a lot of muscle and it usually makes your skin really saggy from losing it so fast.

shooting for 200 pounds is a good primary goal, but don't be in a rush to lose it so fast. As I said before if you lost 10 pounds really fast your BF% most probably wouldn't drop, meaning you lose 10 pounds and don't look anymore defined for it. Just don't rush it.

I'm waiting for somebody to back me up any minute now.

well ive been using Stack Tablets, But They Are Working Real Slow.

I Can See The Change Where I Know I have lost fat, but my weight seems to be staying the same, apart from when i went from 109kg to 100kg.

is it best to chuck the stacks now? do u think?

I think as long as you've got a good diet you don't need them.

When you noticed the weight loss, how fast were you losing the weight? Believe me slow is better. When you lose weight slow, like a pound a week, it is slow so you may not notice it and get fed up. Try taking some pictures of yourself then take some more after 10 pounds of weight loss (thats about 10 weeks). You'll see the difference.

Its not easy counting calories but its worth it. Haven't lost weight after a week? Drop you calories by 100-200. Keep going until your losing at 1-2 pounds per week.

As I said before I eat the same everyday, yes its repetitive but I just deal with it. If your ever curious about the diet I use then PM me about it. I'm not saying for you to use it, but its an idea of what you can do.