The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

For the people in UD2 what do you do for post - shake

For the people in UD2 what do you do for post - shake.

Are you still taking a shake after your workout in the carb depletion days?

what are you taking ?

and I asume that this shake is counted as part of the carbs that you took that day...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I didn't worry about pre and post workout nutrition for the carb depletion days.

EDIT: I can see why you might want some protein, but what's the point in replacing muscle glycogen when the point is to deplete it in the first place?
    Last edited by TheGimp; 04-19-2004 at 05:06 AM.

Take nothing on your depletion days. The whey causes an insulin response, you don't want that on depletion days. The starvation days are tough, but once you hit the carb-load, you'll swear you never wanna see carbs again!

Whey will cause and insulin response? What about soy protein?

jerry

Grasshoppa
    A casein based protein is best if you want to use a liquid. This is recommended due to its anti-catabolic properties slower digestion rate compared to whey which is digested quite rapidly and can increase blood sugar levels. Soy protein could be an alternate source, but I would favor casein.

I currently just use Nitrean. It seems to work just fine, but I don't really know the ratios of whey to casein in it. I've also been looking at a few of the blends at http://www.proteinfactory.com. The night time formula and the penta protein look pretty good for UD2 purposes from where I stand, but still lookin. Can also customize your own protein ratios.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

why do you not want insulin after this workout (no carbs obviously)

it seems like that would be the most anti-catabolic time during the day you could have them

Grasshoppa
    The point is to deplete muscle glycogen, not refill it.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

is a whey shake without crabs going to refill glycogen more than if you had that protein at another time?

I found eggs to be a good, quick to make, slow-digesting protein source when I was on UD2.

Just one last rep!
    I'm trying to understand how whey causes an insulin spike?

Also, Why is it important to have only slow digesting protein?

Also different people react differently to glycogen depletion. I need to have 10g or so carbs before and after doing the depletion workouts or I'll pass out. It's like giving a dime to get a quarter back. If you can have a better workout and have a better day after the workout using whey or a little carbs then that's probably more important. imho

You might want to just take your time consuming the whey. I can not imagine it causing much of an insulin spike if you spread the 30g or so out over an hour. Plus even if there was any spike there would be practically no gulcose (maybe the wrong term) to store as fat.

It is recommended that you get at least 50g or Carbs spread out over the day anyway and after the workout seems like a good time to resist a little bit of canabalism.
    Starvation is not the goal of the depletion days. 1500-1800 whatever calories is definitly not starvation. That's just mho.