Thread: Question about Tendonitis

Alright, let's see how much you folks REALLY know. I have pretty severe chronic tendonitis in my right arm. I can't do dips (pull in elbow), I can't do straight-bar curls (twist in wrist), I have trouble doing some types of chins (wrist problems), dumbbell bench (elbow problems), sometimes incline (elbow problems). Lots of problems with this damned thing. I work around it. I have for years. But do any of you know a good way to treat this? It won't go away, ever. I want to be able to do the things I USED to do! Need help here.

MACHINE
    Have you seen a doctor, and if so, what did he/she say? Tendonitis/bursitis is TOTALLY treatable, but the treatment will undoubtedly be one you have trouble accepting - long period of time off. I had tendonitis in my elbow when I played college baseball(from pitching). I tried working out and pitching through it, but the 6 days between starts on the mound wasn't enough. All season the elbow hindered my pitching and workouts. Only when I took a couple months off following the season did it get better. You need:

-SIGNIFICANT time off from physical activity
    -Physical examination
    -Anti-inflamatory medication(Vioxx works well)

I've seen a few different doctors over the years. They all say that it can be treated, but once it is, it may come back if I continue powerlifting. So I tell em to get the hell away from me. I'm looking for something that can treat it when it flares up. Anti-inflammatory drugs work alright, but I'm wondering if there's some training/supplement I could use that would possibly get a full ROM back to the elbow and wrist joint.

It's called age and cumulative stress. Ah, when I was in my early 20s. I have a bad left shoulder, a current strain in my groin, an old injury to my outer left quad, bad knees, a problem with my left pec near the pec/delt tie-in. Well, you get the idea. I have just done my best to train around these problems. Short of surgery, or an extended layoff (which may still not remedy the problem), I don't know of any surefire solution. For what it's worth, for all of you juicehead wanna-bes, I attribute most of my injuries to the 3 months or so of drugs I took. I think I got too strong for the supporting structures (too quickly) and that the drugs may have a sort of weakening effect on tendons and ligaments. Think of it this way, look at all of the pro athletes tearing muscles these days (the incidence is much higher than it used to be), what do you think causes it? I think it is the steroids.

Cobra, what about glucosamine chondroitin (spelling?)? May be of some help to your joints.

Cobra, I suggest you use what Chris said...also....Make sure you get your hands on this...cetyl myristoleate...thank me later bro....=)

I'm wondering about glucosamine myself. I've just never bought any, dunno why. I guess I kind of forget about the injury till it flares up in the middle of a set. Then I dismiss it when I get home. I'll look into the stuff tonight. Anyone got any input on glucosamine?

Cobra, look into this if you want the problem to go away.. cetyl myristoleate..stuff is the best stuff i have seen for problems like yours...

Give it rest, that is the only way it will get better.
    "I AM CANADIAN"

I looked into CMO. Have you used it? Do you know anyone that has that I could talk to? It's expensive as hell!!! But if it works, I'll try it at least once.

Yes Cobra a good friend of mine used it..Do you have a email address that you check daily?

Sorry bout the email thingie. My email addy is now on my profile. Click on the mail thingie up there.

Wannabebig Member
    How do you distinguish between a DOMS from good workout and an injury?

Some guys keep telling me that if soreness lasts for more than 2-3 days, its a microscopic injury that would cause muscle apotrophy rather than growth.

About the original post: once I had torn rotator cuff and injured tendons (thats what doctor said). Ice padding 3-4 times a day followed by rotator cuff exercises helped me recover in 1month.