The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

rimuova

rimuova
    Last edited by frankm007; 06-17-2007 at 01:01 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I agree, except that IMO, Men's Health sucks as bad as the rest of them.

I like Muscular Development the most... seems like a no-BS mag.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Wannabebig Member
    Over half the pages are full page ads. I think Muscular Development even listed a Muscletech ad with Brock Lesner in the table of contents.
    Training is tough, deal with it!

"you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose,but you can't wipe your friends under the couch."

Quote Originally Posted by mister guy
    Over half the pages are full page ads. I think Muscular Development even listed a Muscletech ad with Brock Lesner in the table of contents.
    True, but that's what all of the muscle mags are like. The content itself of Muscular Development is pretty good, IMO.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Frank, how many issues do you have?

IM me.

Yeah, I'm a wierdo. Hear me out.

I read the Health mags for the interesting little blurbs about studies and such. I think these mags are more interesting, and have things that "normal" people can relate to. Real world acitivites, like swimming, etc. I look through the muscle mags too, but I can thumb through a 400 page Flex in no time, since it's really only 15 pages without the ads. I don't buy any magazines though, since anything that I want to reference is right here.

Men's Health is actually about my favorite magazine of the genre.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Yeah, Men's Health isnt that bad at all. Its not hardcore, but it at least attempts to be somewhat honest.

Though they do have a new 'get shredded abs' routine every month. I think the FCC requires that.

ya mags are peice of trash. once u learn what works for your body u really dont need n e mags n crap , nless for motivation or check out about your bodybuilding stars. ya the crap just cycles. and ya the adds are all the whole book. and they add crap like sex tips and crap and what girls like first about a man and crap im like...who relaly give a crap what the girls like? i sure ass hell aint changing a dam thing about myself to fit some girls needs. but ya the pics in it are motivating at least

Muscle Developement.

I still think they can be good for motivation, but I havn't picked up a magazine of that type in ages.

Mens health is great (we talking about the same one here in the uk?) - it's basically cosmo for guys. Er, but in a manly way *grrr*
    *Flexes*
    half the time I have no idea what you're talking about. the other half, I'm not listening.