Thread: Strained pec? bruised rib?

Strained pec? bruised rib?

ok, i've got this sore feeling right above my L pec just under my collar bone and don'tknow if it's a strained tendon OR a bruised rib or what?

i did have a 90lb.DB hit that general area last week(spotter couldn't catch it as i was starting my flat bench routine). there's no visible bruise and it didn't feel sore till a couple days later. could it be from the DB drop? i hope that's all it is.

it hurts the most if i sneeze or cough hard or take a real deep breath. it doesn't really hurt w/ any arm mvt. otherwise, it's just a dull aching feeling.

any thoughts? should i skip any chest/shoulder exercises this week? or just go lighter this week?

thanks guys!
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Deadlift 355 (no belt/straps)
    Squat

yup. sounds like an impact trauma. those upper ribs and the clavicle are involved with breathing. a heavy impact there would quite possibly suddenly overstretch an intercostal muscle. also the pecs themselves are involved with "forced" breathing....liek when you just suddenly think "ill take a massive breath" as opposed to the normal breathing your body is mostly unconcious of. Perfectly possible the weight was spread out over a big enough area not to bruise but also that is shoved the ribs so hard it tore the intercostal muscle between them.

get it looked at. could poss even be a rib fracture there with that kind of weight getting dropped on you. thing is tho...there isnt a lot they do for fractured ribs anyhow

Augs.

thanks for the reply. it feels 100% better now. whew, thought it was gonna turn into something horrible.
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Deadlift 355 (no belt/straps)
    Squat