The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Strained pec? bruised rib?

ok, i've got this sore feeling right above my L pec just under my collar bone and don'tknow if it's a strained tendon OR a bruised rib or what?

i did have a 90lb.DB hit that general area last week(spotter couldn't catch it as i was starting my flat bench routine). there's no visible bruise and it didn't feel sore till a couple days later. could it be from the DB drop? i hope that's all it is.

it hurts the most if i sneeze or cough hard or take a real deep breath. it doesn't really hurt w/ any arm mvt. otherwise, it's just a dull aching feeling.

any thoughts? should i skip any chest/shoulder exercises this week? or just go lighter this week?

thanks guys!
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Deadlift 355 (no belt/straps)
    Squat

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

yup. sounds like an impact trauma. those upper ribs and the clavicle are involved with breathing. a heavy impact there would quite possibly suddenly overstretch an intercostal muscle. also the pecs themselves are involved with "forced" breathing....liek when you just suddenly think "ill take a massive breath" as opposed to the normal breathing your body is mostly unconcious of. Perfectly possible the weight was spread out over a big enough area not to bruise but also that is shoved the ribs so hard it tore the intercostal muscle between them.

get it looked at. could poss even be a rib fracture there with that kind of weight getting dropped on you. thing is tho...there isnt a lot they do for fractured ribs anyhow

Augs.

thanks for the reply. it feels 100% better now. whew, thought it was gonna turn into something horrible.
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Deadlift 355 (no belt/straps)
    Squat