The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

for you guys that are ripped.. how many times per week you workout each muscle

for you guys that are ripped.. how many times per week do you workout each muscle. ?

what you always done it this way.. or have you tried other ways too?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The Chicken Mr'ga
    getting ripped comes down to your diet, no routine by itself will burn off fat for you, you need to get yourself a diet downpat. any routine will do, i personally like to hit each bodypart 2x a week, but hey thats just me, you have to see what works for you, a good starting point are the WBB routine's.
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

haha. not many people want to claim they are jacked.

i'm not exactly ripped, and am bulking now, but my anecdotal experience confirmed my theoretical position (both for muscle gain and glucose disposal) that 3x was better than 1x.

haven't tried 2x or >3x for very long.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 04-28-2004 at 02:09 PM.

Idling
    I guess I am somewhat "ripped", and currently due to my ****tay schedule, im only working a body part once a week. This will soon change once school is over and my work schedule is fixed so I can lift more.. then will probably do 2x a week.

I am asking because since I been in UD2 where I hit a muscle like 4 times a week... I think ... just think... that I can see better progress... I am not sure maybe is the combination of loosing fat and all ..... of course I don't think I will want to hit a muscle 4 times a week once I am done with UD2, but I am now cosidering a X2 a week workout....

I was doing MAXTO, before I went in UD2 ...

u mean MaxOT? how did u like it, did u go through the whole 12 weeks? i'm on week 2 right now

blkwrx02

I am quite a begginer .. so I am like a blind walking around ... I started with MAXOT but 3 week later I found out that I would be better adviced on getting my BF% lower first ... so I went looking for a program to do that and i end up with UD2.

I think the workout is good, and a good number of people recomended, I really did not have enought time to evaluated but I would stay on it, if were not because of UD2.

I am also now looking at working the muscles at least 2 times a week, so that maybe something I will have to research and decide once I am done with UD2
    Last edited by wleon; 04-28-2004 at 07:19 PM.

The number of times you work out a week has little to do with how ripped you are.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by wleon
    I am quite a begginer .. so I am like a blind walking around ... I started with MAXOT but 3 week later I found out that I would be better adviced on getting my BF% lower first ...
    Did you do the Max-OT Cardio with the resistance work as the program suggests? I've been using Max-OT for over 2 years and find it to be one of the best training regimes since everything makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    Did you do the Max-OT Cardio with the resistance work as the program suggests? I've been using Max-OT for over 2 years and find it to be one of the best training regimes since everything makes sense.

I did the Max-OT, lifting ( no the cardio) program for 2 weeks before deciding to drop my body fat % first. After researching about loosing BF I start doing UD2 going in my second week now

when you say that it is "one of the best training regimes" are you refering to the lifting program or the cardio program ?

The cardio is part of the complete routine. If you start picking and choosing what you want to do, the routine won't work. In other words, the Max-OT cardio is intended to build up endurance and cut body fat without cutting muscle (it is essentially HIIT).

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wleon
    I am asking because since I been in UD2 where I hit a muscle like 4 times a week... I think ... just think... that I can see better progress... I am not sure maybe is the combination of loosing fat and all ..... of course I don't think I will want to hit a muscle 4 times a week once I am done with UD2, but I am now cosidering a X2 a week workout....

I was doing MAXTO, before I went in UD2 ...

You may be overtraining, you gotta get adequate rest between
    a mustle workout to allow it time to grow, otherwise it will stay the same, and in cases of extreeme overtraining, it may get smaller.

Some people such as myself just love to lift so heres what i do.

Day one: Arms, legs
    Day two: Nothing
    Day three: Stomach Chest
    Day four nothing
    Day five: Arms, Stomach
    Day six: Chest

Everything there is being done twice, and you workout more often
    however this is still flawed but it will still allow for muscle growth.

PS: Do you take supplements? Whey? Creatine? sometimes this can
    really pack on the muscle. in the case of creatine, it WILL pack on

Wannabebig Member
    Forgot to say that you need to add legs to day three or five, optional sorry.