Thread: Eating Improving.. and also getting a belly!

I wanna be big

Eating Improving.. and also getting a belly!

I have ate approximently 3000-4000 calories a day for the past few months and I've noticed major change in size and power in my workouts. With that I have also noticed a BELLY that sticks out. I've been eathing healthy from beef to salad and fish to fruits and some fats, but not much sweets. My question is, is it normal to have a belly when eating so much everyday? Is there a way to get rid of the belly besides stop eating? And am I alone on this or does others experience the same thing?

Grasshoppa
    You're gaining fat because you're calories are higher than your maintenance caloric level. That's great that you're eating healthier, but eating healthier does not negate gaining fat when in a caloric excess.

is it normal to have a belly when eating so much everyday?
    Ummm....sure, that's how lots of people get fat...they eat too much.

Is there a way to get rid of the belly besides stop eating?
    Eat less.

And am I alone on this or does others experience the same thing?
    Alone in gaining fat? No. Everyone gains some fat. How much of it is gained is up to your body and how well you adjust your diet to compensate.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I wanna be big
    well... Everybody on this forum saids to eat eat eat and eat... and I'm sure I can't be eating TOO much. I weight 180 and eat 3000-4000 calories a day. That should be normal for gaining muscle mass. or am I eating too much???

The Chicken Mr'ga
    if your 180lbs, say you have 160lbs of LBM, that would give you a maintanance level of 2400 calories.
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

if you're gaining too much fat on the bulk, then reduce calories a bit, but not so much you quit gaining weight. when you've gotten more fat than you can stand, cut.