Thread: Will weight gain make me fat?

Wannabebig Member

Will weight gain make me fat?

I'm a light weight who has a very hard time gaining size and weight. I've decided to get off my whey protein and go on N2 large (weight gain). I'm gonna try to increase my caloric intake. Now the question i am asking is if anyone has taken weight gain before and what were your results. I am afraid that I am gonna gain lots of fat. I consider myself pretty lean and I don't want to lose that. I just wanna gain 10-15 lbs of muscle and maintaining my bodyfat at 7-8%. Any ideas on what i can do to ackieve my goals? btw I've been working out 5 days a week consistently for the last 5 years and I believe my diet is the main obstacle i must overcome.
    Best of health
    ND (Naturopathic doctor)

As long as you slowly increase your caloric intake you shouldn't have a problem with gaining muscle mass. Of course there will be some fat in the weight you gain, but most of it will be muscle if you keep lifting and eat the correct foods.

Do you know how many calories it takes right now to maintain your bodyweight?
    Last edited by syntekz; 10-09-2001 at 10:03 AM.

I use a weight gainer just to give me the extra calories. I've had great results so far, i drink it after i lift and throw some creatine into the mix.. I've gained a considerable amount while keeping my fat levels pretty proportional, i still have my four pack after about 2 months of bulking and i have gone up in weight considerably, just stay active and eat right..

Wannabebig Member
    thanks for the valuable advice!
    Best of health
    ND (Naturopathic doctor)