The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

Mcdonalds breakfast 930 calories!!!!!!!

lol, another reason to stay away from mcdonalds...i dont think ill ever eat there or any fast food resturant again.

The specific breakfast cited by the SUNY Buffalo researchers is a McDonald's Egg McMuffin, a Sausage McMuffin, and two orders of hash browns. Total calories: 930. (It was supersized to reflect the typical amount of calories in a fast food meal.) Eat this and within an hour, it will trigger inflammation, says study co-author Dr. Paresh Dandona. What's more that inflammation continues for three or four hours longer.

Most of us are well aware that high-fat, high-carbohydrate meals raise our cholesterol levels and send our blood sugar rates soaring. That puts us at greater risk for diabetes and cardiovascular disease. But now nutritionists are aware there is a third danger: inflammation of the blood vessels. The fats and carbohydrate sugars appear to release "free radical" molecules within the blood cells, which in turn trigger the inflammation, reports HealthDayNews.

When nine healthy young adults ate this 930-calorie McMuffin/hash brown breakfast after an overnight fast, their blood showed a definite change compared to individuals who ate no breakfast. Those who ate the McDonald's breakfast displayed "evidence of free radical generation by the circulating white blood cells, which would cause inflammation within the white blood cells," Dandona said.

The primary culprits of the McDonald's breakfast are the hash browns, cooking oil, and muffins--not the egg or sausage. The SUNY Buffalo team is now studying the effects of 300-calorie and 1,800-calorie breakfasts. Note that McDonald's isn't the only breakfast that can stress your arteries. Sit-down restaurants and even home-cooked meals can do the same thing.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If it were straight calories w/out the other BS it would be the s*** for a slop bulk.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    My friend argued that his small bag of chili cheese fritos and 20(ish) oz soda would only be like 300 cals. It added up to 1020 cals, and it didn't even fill him up. I'm talking the small bags too. Be careful what you eat. Just because it's small doesn't mean anything.
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

Would eating these foods be good for trying to bulk up? Why or why not? What foods/nutrients should you focus on for a good clean bulk?

bone crusher
    for a sloppy bulk, sure.
    even for a cheat meal - as long as it is a rare occurence

clean bulk- whole grains, fruits, nuts, lean meats, avoid processed foods, etc...

Thanks Doc. So I'm guessing focus on unsaturated fatty foods for a clean bulk?

The Chicken Mr'ga
    you are what you eat. would you rather be an upsized big mac meal high in fat, or a lean chicken breast with some vegi's?
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

WannaBeBigToo
    Iduno about breakfast, but i eat there about 3 times a week.

the meal i get is the chicken mcGrill with a side garden salad instead of fries and an orange juice.

you can still eat fast foods, just make sure they are the better ones
    If you wish to speak with me, email me at encino "@" telus . net

Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 190lbs
    Waist: 32"
    Chest: 50"
    Arms: 17 1/4"

Ain't nothing better than a 20 piece box of White meat Chicken Nuggets at McDonalds. = 2240g of Sodium
    Why isn't this company banned for being a hazard to public health!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dereksolo
    Because we live in America.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    hazard to public health. Everyone on the show jackass is a hazard to public health.
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

Quote Originally Posted by Dereksolo
    Ain't nothing better than a 20 piece box of White meat Chicken Nuggets at McDonalds. = 2240g of Sodium

no way! there can't be 2kg of sodium in there
    Last edited by prof; 05-04-2004 at 07:51 AM.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code