The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

the ultimate...

keep lifting, then you'll be bigger than him, so kick his ass if he doesn't like you lifting.
    Big? Not really. I'm 5'7" 196 lbs.
    Strong? Like a bull!

Bodyfat currently at : dropping
    Personal Records:
    Bench - 440 (raw)
    Squat - 600 (belt & wraps)
    Deads- 585 (belt)

----------------------------------------------
    Itís a birdÖ Itís a planeÖ nope, itís me soariní past everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by urbluff
    twice, he held a shotgun and threatened to kill everyone - once when my sister said she was moving out and once when i said i was moving out.
    You do not sound like an idiot, you just sound like need some help, so we are giving it to your ....

now i think you have more problems that lifting bro, you father has some real issues, what you stated is not light, treatening your family with a gun is not a joke, and you all should not take that stuff from him, or one of this days you all are going ot get kill.. and you won't have the excuse that you did not know this was comming, someone pulls a gun on you, you call the police and get your family away.....

I feel for you, I also come from a family in which my father turn out very violent 3 years after I moved out. he was having problems with my mother and he will get violent and start treatening everybody, even pulling a knife to my youngest sister (10 years at the time) ..... DUDE I went crazy, when I found out, I knew it will not stop until I did something really drastic, I was pissed and scare that he wil do something to them, anywise I called him, and with my voice trembling in anger, I sweared to him that if he ever put a hand ... even a hand on my mother or my sisters, I would spend the rest of my life tracking him down, hunting down, and I will dispense my own justice on him, and he will be sorry to ever be born. Tought stuff to say to your own father and I was like 21, ( oh and I was like 5.6, weighted 140 pounds, so I was a tiny guy) but I was ready to carry out my threat and I made sure he knew that I was not just saying but in in truth if he hurt my familly I would attack him inmediately, or worst..

To say the lest it was the last time he even did any violent thing against my family, my parents parted ways eventually and now my sisters sees my father ( by their own choice) on weekends and everything is cool, I even talk to my father every once in a while , but he knows and I know that I am watching him, and that I won't hassiate to defent my familly.

He also used to say he is going to kill himself, when I talked to him, I told him to go ahead and do it right there, or stop the bull****... and believe me I was not joking.

your father is a bully, he bullys your familly, like any other bully, if one person stands up to them they ran for cover.

My advice, get a job start making some decent money, next time something like this happens, lay down the law, call the police, and be prepare to stand up to your father, ( I would never tell you to stand up to your father for lifting) but to stop the abuse to your familly .. in a heart beat

good luck man ... take it easy ..do things the right way with maturity and morality and it only gets better
    Last edited by wleon; 04-30-2004 at 08:35 AM.

Seems like your Dad likes to be number 1, and he's a control freak. He's doing his best to stay top of the pile in your family. Keep lifting, but keep it discrete.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

i know. i came out like an idiot. sorry.

as for moving out, i told you its more complicated. many people don't understand when i say that and they continue to push the fact that i can't support myself. so here, i'll say it. i could move out anytime i want, but my dad will probably kill my mom because he'll blame her for raising me this way and then if he doesn't track me down and kill me even with a warrant on him, then he'll probably kill himself. twice, he held a shotgun and threatened to kill everyone - once when my sister said she was moving out and once when i said i was moving out. anyway, i knew i was gong to sound like a jackass when i posted this but i did anyway and im an idiot for it. i apologize and thank everyone for their solutions. now i'll leave you be.
    You are not responsible for his actions.

Get out now.

If he threatens you, call the cops.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wow, I feel bad man,
    Like stated above, I would call someone if that happens again.

Maybe it could be a fear of being alone type of thing, or he needs your support and is afraid that once you move out you will have nothing to do with the family. (You stated it happened twice, once you or your sister tried moving out?)
    Last edited by AllUp; 04-30-2004 at 09:39 AM.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

Show him a picture a Stan Mcquay and say "I want to be like him" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    You are not responsible for his actions.

Get out now.

If he threatens you, call the cops.
    Agreed. Threats like that aren't exactly healthy.

from what ive read, i think your dad wants to be better then you. He couldnt face it if you were:
    1)more muscular then him, you could beat him up with ease.
    2)learn to play the guitar and maybe be better then him
    and same with all the other stuff.

your dads got some issues and he should see a shrink. try and find out from your mum what his up bringing was like or even ask him.

Neollagnailati

as for moving out, i told you its more complicated. many people don't understand when i say that and they continue to push the fact that i can't support myself. so here, i'll say it. i could move out anytime i want, but my dad will probably kill my mom because he'll blame her for raising me this way and then if he doesn't track me down and kill me even with a warrant on him, then he'll probably kill himself. twice, he held a shotgun and threatened to kill everyone - once when my sister said she was moving out and once when i said i was moving out. anyway, i knew i was gong to sound like a jackass when i posted this but i did anyway and im an idiot for it. i apologize and thank everyone for their solutions. now i'll leave you be.
    I'm sorry, but these do not sound like the actions of a safe and stable man. You need to do something for the safety of your family and for his safety; from the way you describe him, I'm sure he would not at all be open to any form of counseling, but something needs to be done before he loses it. It's not at all your fault and you don't sound like an idiot; this is a serious matter, and I hope it works out well for you.

kick his ass. i was going to say that ur dad might be jealous of the fact that u are taller than him ( if ur 6 foot ur taller than 90% of the japanese population) -- stereotype but its true. and hes a ****in wackjob. beat the **** out of him and take ur mom elsewhwere. and get a gun. if he brings up that shotgun **** again .. pull out ur own gat and give him two in the legs.... gotta do what u gotta do. when someone pulls a gun on you all that 'ur own father ****' and respect and everything goes out the window.

sounds like you need a team of psychologists.....

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    sounds like you need a team of psychologists.....
    You meant ion, right? :o
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

hahhah no I meant urbluff

what would happen if your dad kicked you out? would he still try to kill your mom?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

also i bet if he pulled that freakin shotgun act again, and you put your head right up to it and said do it, he wouldn't.

did he hunt your sister down and kill her?

it's macho manipulation. call his bluff.

well be prepared to die just in case. but my gut feeling is he would never actually kill you or your mom, but since y'all fell for that drama once, he's gonna keep using it.
    Last edited by Tryska; 04-30-2004 at 03:12 PM.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I know the soloution for this.

In Japan Sumo wrestlers are looked upon as important sportsmen who represent national honor, tell him that you have chosen to become a SUMO! they lift weight all week long and eat all day long, its perfect.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Attached Images Attached Images

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

DO NOT CALL HIS BLUFF!
    That is horribly dangerous advise and extremely irresponsible. Chances are your dad would back down if you called his bluff but he could also go ahead and blow your head off. I have been a cop for 12 years and I have seen people kill themselves when pushed to hard. Your dad definitely needs mental help. You also have the right to protect yourself and an obligation (IHMO) to protect your mother.
    You need to get your family out of that house right now and try to get your father some help.

Wannabebig Member
    u should listen to your dad, lol. Damn, I've never heard of 6 foot tall Japanese person. You guys must be eating our food and getting taller.
    Last edited by Tallwithbrneyez; 05-01-2004 at 05:04 AM.

So, you wouldn't leave your house until what happens? Will you live in fear for the rest of your life, making no friends and not being able to exercise (which sounds like it is enjoyable to you)?
    Leave home, get your mother into a "women at risk shalter", and disconnect from your father which seems the thing which makes your life miserable... take care of your mom and never look back to see where your father at.
    Get a hold of your life coz no one else wil.
    Stats
    5'10,185-190lbs, 12-16%bf

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    also i bet if he pulled that freakin shotgun act again, and you put your head right up to it and said do it, he wouldn't.

did he hunt your sister down and kill her?

it's macho manipulation. call his bluff.

well be prepared to die just in case. but my gut feeling is he would never actually kill you or your mom, but since y'all fell for that drama once, he's gonna keep using it.
    Yeah, this is probably the WORST advice I think possible for this situation...
    "Color outside the lines"

Well unfortunately it sounds like we lost you. Which is sad, but then you knew exactly what we were going to tell you after what you said. I hope you have enough courage to come back to this thread.

You're afraid and you have every right to be, but you are 22 years old. You can't be afraid for the rest of your life. There comes a time in every man's life when you have to take a stand. So, call the police or remove yourself and the rest of your family from the situation.

You say you have a hard time making friends, I don't doubt that. What you are failing to realize is that your situation with yout father affects every other part of your life. You are probably miserible and others around you can sense that. No one wants to be around someone like that because they feel like it will drag them down too, which it will. Even your efforts to gain mass are being negatively impacted on due to the large amount of stress you are dealing with.

Trust me, once you get out of this situation you will find that all the other parts of your life will improve.
    Last edited by TBone4Eva; 05-04-2004 at 09:02 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebu
    We have to understand, his father probably comes from a completely different backgroud, were our meat eating weight lifting lifestyle is looked down upon. For example, in the US, male circumsision is a normal practice, but is COMPLETELY unecessary. But we have all these activists going against FEMALE genital mutilation in other countries, when that is part of their religion. We are just as brutal doing it to males as they are to females. Both things are uneccessary. So, his dad probably has good reasons why he thinks the way he thinks, we just don't see it his way.

As for what to do, I am going to assume you live in america. If so, mention that YOU LIVE IN AMERICA. A completely different culture, and your growing up in it, unlike him. He moved you here, so, hes going to have to deal with it I guess. (sorry, im assuming a lot here, you just didnt give us details like im thinking into.)

It's called cultural relativism.

As far as male circumsision, that's def. debatable, but not today.

Banned
    if this whole situation is true, like others have mentioned, I'd call the cops and leave with your mom.

Wannabebig Member
    Uhh, this has nothing to do with being Japanese or American. Your dad's an ass.