The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The AAS "Look"

The AAS "Look"

Ive Been training at a new gym.(Hardcore one).
    Im 202 5.11(Small).

I was debating with a juicer, 5.9 253 8~%BF.
    That you can't compare Natty vs Juice bodybuilder.
    The Density/thickness/Hardness of the muscle isn't just there without AAS.Even if your Diet/Training/Sleep is 100% right on,YOU WILL NOT LOOK like "Dabblers".He agreed 100%.

I mean when you look at the Mags and 50% people at my gym are "on". What do you say to yourself, to keep going natty (while looking flat) when you see all those big Ripped Thick mofo's.

Just wanted to hear some opinions on this!
    Last edited by 347D1SC; 04-30-2004 at 09:31 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    You're right. The way a muscle grows in someone taking androgens is not the same as in a natural trainee. Androgens will stimulate the proliferation of satelite cells over all the msucle, while the natural trainee is dependant on microtrauma, which mostly happens at the muscle-tendon junction, in order to grow.

Not to mention the pumps and all that.

What do you say to yourself, to keep going natty (while looking flat) when you see all those big Ripped Thick mofo's.
    personally I don't know have any friends that lift.
    I don't talk to anyone at the gym.
    so basically I have no aas social contacts shall we say?

The idea of being larger is of course very appealing.
    And I'm aware that the long term side effects aren't as horrible as made out in elementary school.
    Plus the esteem/confidence boost would far outweigh any negative out cry from family/friends.

If I had a way to get some, and a "tutor" that had done them before, then I would probably go for it.
    I don't think there is anything special about a natural person.

IMHO its the difference in Nascar and Gran Prix...same driver, just a different car
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 04-30-2004 at 09:58 AM.

It's not Even funny,when your "on" you look pumped all the time...Even before workout LOL. The muscle and the shape... You can't compare...
    Last edited by 347D1SC; 04-30-2004 at 10:00 AM.

Sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by 347D1SC
    It's not Even funny,when your "on" you look pumped all the time...Even before workout LOL. The muscle and the shape... You can't compare...
    Haha, yeah. Sounds like this kid at the gym that sometimes trans w/us or asks for a spot. I didnt see him for a few weeks and then he comes back when he was "on". Almost didn't recognize him at first.
    Last edited by AllUp; 04-30-2004 at 10:43 AM.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    personally I don't know have any friends that lift.
    I don't talk to anyone at the gym.
    so basically I have no aas social contacts shall we say?

The idea of being larger is of course very appealing.
    And I'm aware that the long term side effects aren't as horrible as made out in elementary school.
    Plus the esteem/confidence boost would far outweigh any negative out cry from family/friends.

If I had a way to get some, and a "tutor" that had done them before, then I would probably go for it.
    I don't think there is anything special about a natural person.

IMHO its the difference in Nascar and Gran Prix...same driver, just a different car

totally

Quote Originally Posted by 347D1SC
    Yep. Your veins are usually huge and showing all the time, too. It's pretty easy to tell a juicer from a natural.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    Yep. Your veins are usually huge and showing all the time, too. It's pretty easy to tell a juicer from a natural.
    but everyone has a different amount of vascularity...
    some people are just naturally veiny. I'm sure its easy to tell someone if you've been working out with them consistantly and have seen them on/off, but I bet its a poop ton harder to tell with random people that you don't know.

I've seen a few people that have come up to me at the gym and told me they were juicin and they didn't look large, puffy, abnormal, or have any vascularity at all...
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 04-30-2004 at 11:00 AM.

Banned
    I've seen a few people that have come up to me at the gym and told me they were juicin and they didn't look large, puffy, abnormal, or have any vascularity at all...
    yeah me too

but these are usually the guys that don't eat right, train like **** and expect the AAS to do the work for them

they usually just bloat and retain water while getting bitchy

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan
    yeah me too

but these are usually the guys that don't eat right, train like **** and expect the AAS to do the work for them
    I know someone like that, he's telling me "no, the thing is, when you're on the gear you don't need to lift or eat right to get bigger!"
    Obviously the guy is a moron, he's been going 4 weeks straight on clen with no lifting or proper diet during those 4 weeks, no matter what I tell him.

2 Options
    1-They probaly got Counterfeit Drugs.
    2-Dont know what the hell theyr doing.

I've seen to many "normal guy" blow up like ballon, with vascularity and they train like ****...so the "drug" does the difference..

Gonadius Maximus
    ROFLMFAO @ All the misconceptions

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    :withstupi
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

there is a teen competitor at my gym, on the juice, and no harm ment, he trains and eats right and does his share of hardcore training .
    And I am training like a dog on rabies to keep up with him, but I am actually larger than him in some areas, even tough he is harder then me, areas such as traps and forearms he cannot match me, but he does at the end of the day look better than me.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by twisteddendrite
    ROFLMFAO @ All the misconceptions

Explain yourself.

Taps foot
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    I am pretty sure he was alluding to the comment about Someone mentioning you don't have to do a damn thing to grow...(not by a member)
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

There is no different type of muscle growth or fat loss that AAs gives you. The only things that tell apart a natty and a juicing guy with same height, weight and bf%, is that the juicer will have a some higher blood pressure perhaps making him a bit red faced

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonl
    I know someone like that, he's telling me "no, the thing is, when you're on the gear you don't need to lift or eat right to get bigger!"
    Obviously the guy is a moron, he's been going 4 weeks straight on clen with no lifting or proper diet during those 4 weeks, no matter what I tell him.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but clenbuterol is not an anabolic steroid. It's a metabolic stimulant. It helps you lose fat, not gain weight.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Many say clen sucks and is actually inferior to legal and safer and cheaper metabolic stimulants. then again I know knowledgable experienced BBers who swear by it.

Quote Originally Posted by ectx
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but clenbuterol is not an anabolic steroid. It's a metabolic stimulant. It helps you lose fat, not gain weight.

You are correct.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by ectx
    Hmm, I really don't know much about it, he told me it was a steriod and he was on it to get bigger, guess that's what I get for listening to him.

he should research before taking thats pretty dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonl
    Hmm, I really don't know much about it, he told me it was a steriod and he was on it to get bigger, guess that's what I get for listening to him.

bone crusher
    all they do is enhance what the muscle is already doing... increased muscle glycogen, increased cellular hydration, etc. all contribute to the enhanced look